• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Callaway29 said:
17 hours ago, jcjames said:

Also, regarding any doubt that Thanos is evil at heart - once getting all power, then with a snap he could have either created or destroyed to achieve his "balance".

That he chose to destroy shows his heart.

Interesting comment, never thought of it that way before...he could have created more inhabitabal planets and transferred people to those worlds or made worlds larger with more resources to accommodate populations.

Which stone lets him create habitable planets?  ???

16 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:
33 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Having never worn the infinity gauntlet personally (yet) I can only speculate, but Reality.

I'm not clear on that stone since it resulted in Drax getting turned into puzzle pieces that eventually reassembled--are the effects of Reality permanent or temporary?

On 28 April 2018 at 3:51 PM, valiantman said:

They easily found Vision and Scarlet Witch in Ireland

The deep-fried kebab joke emphasises that it's set in Scotland.

A fair reference to the shawarma scene in the first Avengers film.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Very interesting to see that Thor's replacement for Mjolnir is an axe.

I've just read Jason Aaron's consistently-excellent run on Thor, in which he introduces Jarnbjorn, an axe that the Thunder God used when he was young and still unworthy to wield Mjolnir, whereas in the movie it's renamed Stormbreaker, and introduced after the hammer is destroyed.

Works for me; one way or the other, it still sounds extremely metal.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Not too surprised that T'Challa was killed off, as for the duration of the current storyline he can easily be replaced by Shuri, who also becomes Black Panther in the comics.

Edited by Ken Aldred

5 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

How about a combination of powers of the Space, Reality and Power stones.

E=mc^2 so by controlling so much power, energy can be converted to matter and combined with additional powers over space and reality - I'd think creating planets would be very within the realm of powers.

I dont think the gauntlet can create matter just work with the existing matter in the universe.

Maybe that's why he has to kill half the universe

1 hour ago, Gaard said:

Did that Valkryie chick die on the ship with all the Asgardians?

The directors addressed this question - she got away along with others, including the Kronan from Ragnarok, via escape pods (all off screen).  Remember Thor tells the Guardians Thanos slaughted half his people so we know not all the Asgardians died.

Edited by 234wallst

2 hours ago, Ares said:

I dont think the gauntlet can create matter just work with the existing matter in the universe.

Maybe that's why he has to kill half the universe

There's probably more than enough uninhabited planets, moons, asteroids and distant stars to supply all the matter needed to reform them into habitable planets and move half the population to them.

But that's probably over-thinking it.

25 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Ps - why is everyone saying it was red skull? Wasn't it Death?

He was hooded, like the Grim Reaper, like Death in Starlin's stories, but it was Red Skull.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Directors Reveal That Adam Warlock Was Never Set To Appear In The Movie

adam-warlock-_Marvel.jpg

Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn has frequently said that Adam Warlock is being saved for Vol. 3 (something which one of Vol. 2's after-credits scenes confirmed) and Joe and Anthony Russo have now confirmed that. While the movie's screenwriters revealed that the hero was included in an early draft, they've made it clear that they never had a plan in place for him to help out the team.

"That’s a James Gunn thing — we never intended to put Adam Warlock in Infinity War," Anthony says. "We have so many heroes we have to service that you guys love and give them screen-time." He went on to admit that the only way to include Adam would have been to essentially force him into the story, something which would have meant he had no real emotional connection to the Mad Titan.

"You want to see the hero and villain to have an emotional connection," he continued. "You wouldn’t have a connection to him [Warlock] as he doesn’t have a connection with Thanos and a built-up story."

6 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Just came back from seeing it. It was definitely a fun movie but I didn't understand A DAMN thing about it.

sorry epic movie. You didn't make any sense. 

Ps - why is everyone saying it was red skull? Wasn't it Death?

The accent, the red skull, saying he had touched one of the stones, "he tells Thanos, “A lifetime ago, I too sought the stones. I even held one in my hand, but it cast me out, banished me here, guiding others to a treasure I cannot possess. What you seek lies in front of you, as does what you fear.”

Plus, all the articles talking about it. 

http://collider.com/infinity-war-red-skull-explained/

Just playing the game like most of you, but regarding Warlock and how he finds his way into this universe...

Couldn't he appear in Captain Marvel?  Given that he comes and goes from his cocoon, couldn't we see him with Marvel back in the 90s as a previous version of himself?  Would be a lesser powerful Warlock, which could add muster to when he re-emerges from the cocoon we saw at the end of Guardians 2.  More powerful after each "hibernation" (which we learn about in Captain Marvel) which means he's more on par with Thanos for the next Infinity film.  Does this make any sense?

On Marvel Agents of Shield the other night, the crazy General has ingested Gravitonium  and he's now a Super Man. He's talking about Thanos and how "he" the General, is the only one who can stop him.

Of course this is all mixed up with "the Destroyer of Worlds" Quake and some other stuff...but I did note that no one seemed to disappear from the series after Thanos's "snap".