• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

Russo Brothers shared during an interview the status of characters that did not appear in Infinity War. One once again is a major Thor character thrown to the wayside.

Avengers: Infinity War’ Directors Confirm Which MCU Supporting Characters Lived or Died

howard-the-duck-mcu-1109138.jpeg

The dapper duck “survived,” Joe Russo said.

thor-jane-foster-1109139.jpeg

Jane’s fate was dubbed “too spoilery.”

matt-damon-loki-1109140.jpeg

He “did not survive,” Joe confirmed, a fate sure to please Matt Damon nemesis Jimmy Kimmel.

betty-ross-1109141.jpeg

“Gone,” Joe said simply.

korg-and-miek-1109134.jpeg

Though they may have survived that initial onslaught, were they wiped out by the snap?

“Spoiler,” Joe said.

black-panther-shuri-1109142.jpeg

Shuri’s fate is a “spoiler,” Joe said.

peter-parker-ned-leeds-1109136.jpeg

“Spoiler,” said Joe.

aunt-may-marisa-tomei-1109135.jpeg

May is “safe,” Anthony said.

lady-sif-1109143.jpeg

HuffPost reports the Russo brothers confirmed she won’t be involved in the Infinity War sequel.

“Gone,” Joe said.

2 hours ago, Ares said:

New Theory

What if those we saw dissolve away stayed in real world alive and  the ones we thought survive actually died?

So, "the snap" shows us who is now in the Soul Stone with Thanos and Gamora? hm 

31 minutes ago, valiantman said:

So, "the snap" shows us who is now in the Soul Stone with Thanos and Gamora? hm 

Think of it.. most of the people dissolving have movies comming up..

Evans, Helmsorth, Downy want out and they all survived (Wink)

I loved it. What a blast of a film!

I'm not sure how anyone can say its not needed to watch at least a few of the movies leading up to this. Other than going deeper into Thanos, there was almost no recapping or back story for any other characters. It was start to finish a slugfest.  If someone isn't familiar with the other films and relationships between characters, they are gonna be lost here. I think they can still enjoy Infinity War, its great action and drama.

Can't wait for the finale! And I am READY for some Captain Marvel

20 minutes ago, speedcake said:

I loved it. What a blast of a film!

I'm not sure how anyone can say its not needed to watch at least a few of the movies leading up to this. Other than going deeper into Thanos, there was almost no recapping or back story for any other characters. It was start to finish a slugfest.  If someone isn't familiar with the other films and relationships between characters, they are gonna be lost here. I think they can still enjoy Infinity War, its great action and drama.

Can't wait for the finale! And I am READY for some Captain Marvel

Yeah. Going into IW, my friend and I (who I was seeing it with) were trying to figure out which MCU movies actually had to have been seen in order to fully understand IW ("had to have" in this case meaning that either a character or a concept was introduced in the previous movie that was used in IW). Before seeing it, all we could think of was Iron Man 2 (we almost included IM3 as well, but it sort of shows how Stark is suffering from something like PTSD post-Avengers, which is still influencing his character through IW). Every other one either introduced a character or one of the stones. After seeing it, I would add Ant-Man to the list and maybe GotG v2 (it introduces Groot as a teen and why Nebula was caught by Thanos, but those were more set-ups that could just be taken as granted in IW, sooo I leave that one as a maybe). Otherwise, every other movie either led directly to the situation of IW or introduced a character or concept in it.

I thought the entire movie was a disgrace. Remember when Disney actually made movies for children? Imagine a 10 year old who has their birthday party to see the Avengers. The kids are all dressed as their favorite hero. Then they get to watch half of their heroes die. Of course none of these characters are actually dead, but the kids don't know that. And Spiderman whimpering that he's scared while in Iron Man's arms. Really, Disney?

3 hours ago, Ares said:

It works pretty well, but the extra scene would imply that Fury "paged" Captain Marvel into the Soul Stone, rather than into the real world (where he went after disintegrating).

1 hour ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

We won't be around to see it be in a 1000 years time, people will be saying Thanos was right about over population

Is that because movies will last longer than documentation of Thomas Robert Malthus?  He beat Thanos by a couple hundred years.

5 hours ago, Ares said:

OOOooooohhhhh, I like it. Feels like "Lost". They're in Purgatory...no they're not...

Which reality is real? Interesting stuff...

I figure Loki and Heimdall are really dead.  Gamora is in the soul stone.  Vision could be brought back, perhaps.  All our other heroes who disappeared in the snap can be brought back.
The "real" deaths will happen in Part II.  It's no coincidence the founding members of the MCU Avengers are still alive.  All of them won't survive the finale. 
That's my guess, anyway. 

1 minute ago, Unca Ben said:

I figure Loki and Heimdall are really dead.  Gamora is in the soul stone.  Vision could be brought back, perhaps. 

This one I agree with. This one, well, her soul is on the soul stone but I think she is dead and that Nebula will bring her back as they played this family thing for quite a few movies. Yes, you would think that Vision will get his gem back when all is said and done.

I disagree with any theory that does not have evidence in something from the movie(s). All the seeds have been planted and are growing to fruition, there is very little, if anything, coming in Avengers 4 IW not foreshadowed in the last 10 years of movies (and in Captain Marvel and the Ant-Man movies). 

2 hours ago, Red84 said:

I thought the entire movie was a disgrace. Remember when Disney actually made movies for children? Imagine a 10 year old who has their birthday party to see the Avengers. The kids are all dressed as their favorite hero. Then they get to watch half of their heroes die. Of course none of these characters are actually dead, but the kids don't know that. And Spiderman whimpering that he's scared while in Iron Man's arms. Really, Disney?

I know. I haven't been the same since Jim Shooter killed Ferro Lad in 1966.