• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nearly a 20 year pursuit comes to an end - The Nedor Heroes Are Complete
4 4

246 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, telerites said:

Going to stop here for tonight and will pick up to end this run and hopefully start to share the Black Terrors.

Thanks the comments and reactions and allowing me to post.

Thank YOU; it's an awesome gesture on your part to take the time and effort and share them with us. Congrats on your collecting achievement! 

You asked in your initial post if it's a social faux pas to do this thread -- quite the opposite; we're here to celebrate stuff like this! (The only social faux pas, IMHO, is preferring "seasoned veteran" to Total Newbie. I figured it was the top title, dripping with sarcasm and irony and all. At least, of the two, I prefer it. (shrug))

AND the obligatory .... hoarder! :baiting: aWhen's the undercopy sale???  :grin:

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

Of course! Just a tremendous accomplishment. Any that were really difficult to find?

It is surprising, Dan.  Many that you think may be hard turned up or I happen to be in the right online place at the right time.  Lots of them I scored here.  There are a few Gerber no-shows that I found early on but there were many that seemed tough to snag that really aren't that sought after.  When I started, I was my much younger, married, and a new dad to my only child.  Now I am much older, divorced, and my daughter will be a college senior. :frown:

Amazing collection and achievement. An awesome publisher to collect. I've just been working on mostly the war Schomburg ones and after about 15 years am very close myself. I've picked up some of the earlier non-Schomburg covers as well. Many are quite hard to find. Can't wait to see them all. 

Incredible accomplishment 

:golfclap:

it takes a lot of patience and focus to put together a GA grouping like you have done.  Thank you so much for sharing the story and books with us.  Really looking forward to seeing the other books!

Warmest Regards,

Jason

15 hours ago, telerites said:

I hope this thread doesn't come across as being egotist.  Earlier this year, I finished a nearly 20 year collecting goal.  I set about to complete all the titles of America's Best Comics, Black Terror. Exciting Comics, Fighting Yank, Startling Comics, Thrilling Comics, and Wonder Comics.  After the long pursuit, I found the last book I needed (actually I found two coverless copies and a complete albeit restored copy but it was enough for me to finish).  All books are CGCed.   Not an overly high grade collection but some are nice, some lower grade, many mid-graders, some PLODS and even some peds scattered about as well. 

Hidden minor agenda with this thread - I have been on the boards for over 10 years and am not an overly abundant poster but gosh darned it, I would like to move up from Total Newbie to Seasoned Veteran :cry:

So going to start with America's Best Comics and post as I am able to.  If anyone thinks this is a socially crappy faux pas, let me know and I cut it off.  If not, thanks for allowing me to share some of my collection. :foryou:

Congrats on this achievement, telerites!! :applause: I'm sure we're all looking forward to seeing the collection! (thumbsu

17 hours ago, sagii said:

The Thread i have been waiting for from you Jeff :golfclap:

What an achievement! I have said this many times, and will continue to say (unless/until you 'Berk' :D ) yours is an incredible collection, so eclectic with deep runs rife with marquee books and rarities. As @Readcomix said, no, thank you for sharing this with us. It's what we're all here for. Take your time if you must, but PLEASE see it through: all titles and issues! And yes, back stories on toughies or ones you found 'common'  would be nice too,

Thanks Corey.  I remember you posting that a parade thread would be nice when I closed out the collection earlier this year.  Hope all is well, my friend.   Oh and I still envy your awesome collection of great books :foryou:

9 hours ago, jhutton2 said:

Incredible accomplishment 

:golfclap:

it takes a lot of patience and focus to put together a GA grouping like you have done.  Thank you so much for sharing the story and books with us.  Really looking forward to seeing the other books!

Warmest Regards,

Jason

No where near your Planets, Jason, but it was both fun and exasperating to collect.   

5 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Can't wait for the camp coded Okajima Black Terror #6.  My absolute favorite.  Glad to know I have one fewer competitor out there for these comics.  Congratulations on completing the set.

lol If I ever get rid of that book, you will be my first choice as next custodian, TIm.