• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REMOVED - posting guidelines - LOCKED - disruptive thread - USPS double box method "illegal"?

175 posts in this topic

On 5/3/2018 at 4:53 PM, Action252Kid said:

Like someone else said.. you run the risk of ticking him off and then he gets to reply to your reply.. and then you can't reply again.

So you'd have: snarky "positive feedback", with your reply below that, then _______ whatever this nut decides to post as the final word.  I would lean toward not replying to his feedback personally.

Good advice.  I don't think many people stop and read what's actually said under positive fb.  If you leave a comment, they might pause and read it, leading them to also read the (negative) positive feedback.  

So I talked to a supervisor or team lead at eBay customer service and they told me that using the system like that for shipping non eBay related items is not what the system is intended for.

I did not name names or try to get anyone in trouble, I just called for clarification.

They also told me that they would report this up the ladder so either the glitch that allows this can be removed or to amend the eBay terms of service.

I still do not understand how one can do that.  I just asked a few other people and they are as clueless as to do that as well.  

After the glitch is fixed and it is no longer possible to do this then please outline how this could be accomplished. 

4 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I still do not understand how one can do that.  I just asked a few other people and they are as clueless as to do that as well.  

After the glitch is fixed and it is no longer possible to do this then please outline how this could be accomplished. 

In the thread I quoted he explains how he did it.

The lady I talked to said she would have never even thought of doing something like that. I guess points can be awarded for discovering the glitch (shrug)

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Just go to any completed sale on ebay and you should see the option to "Print another label". After clicking that it takes you to pay for shipping page with a disclaimer/reminder at the top of the page that states you have already printed a label for this sale.
Simply change the address and shipping method to suit your needs and pay then print the label like normal.
Ebay allows you to print no more than 5 labels per transaction before they cut you off.

The problem with doing this is that the original ebay buyer will receive an email/notification from ebay saying that a shipping label was created.
I suggest choosing an ended sale where the buyer has already left positive feedback. 

lol

Okie dokie.

Any member here is welcome to call eBay customer service and ask the same question I asked... "Is it OK to re-use old transactions to create new labels to ship non eBay transaction related items".

3 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Just go to any completed sale on ebay and you should see the option to "Print another label". After clicking that it takes you to pay for shipping page with a disclaimer/reminder at the top of the page that states you have already printed a label for this sale.
Simply change the address and shipping method to suit your needs and pay then print the label like normal.
Ebay allows you to print no more than 5 labels per transaction before they cut you off.

The problem with doing this is that the original ebay buyer will receive an email/notification from ebay saying that a shipping label was created.
I suggest choosing an ended sale where the buyer has already left positive feedback. 

I suggest not doing this as eBay ( as related to me when I called ) says this is not what their system is intended for.

15 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

That's what I was confused about because I was thinking that the original buyer would receive notification that their item was shipped 'again'.

Yeah... I wouldn't be doing this.

But, as I said, we all have our own moral compass as to what is right and wrong.  I don't think that this is right.  BUT... that doesn't mean I cannot get along with RMA.   If we were to all outline every single one of our faults, myself included, and then say that each of those faults were a deal breaker, I do not believe anyone would ever talk to anyone else ever again. 

8 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

That's what I was confused about because I was thinking that the original buyer would receive notification that their item was shipped 'again'.

But, as I said, we all have our own moral compass as to what is right and wrong.  I don't think that this is right.  BUT... that doesn't mean I cannot get along with RMA.   If we were to all outline every single one of our faults, myself included, and then say that each of those faults were a deal breaker, I do not believe anyone would ever talk to anyone else ever again. 

I disagree. I would never tell anyone they could or couldn't be friends with someone else. Believe it or not we actually share at least one mutual friend I am aware of.

This specific issue isn't about moral compasses, it's about finding a (potentially illegal) loophole and exploiting it for personal gain 2c

13 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

You say this isn't right, but you don't explain why, as I did in the thread concerning "off eBay" transactions. And you keep saying that in the context of being able to get along with me. Who are you trying to convince, me or you...?

We should all be very wary of moral relativism, and conflating best practices with actual right and wrong.

Just now, Logan510 said:

I disagree. I would never tell anyone they could or couldn't be friends with someone else. Believe it or not we actually share at least one mutual friend I am aware of.

This specific issue isn't about moral compasses, it's about finding a (potentially illegal) loophole and exploiting it for personal gain 2c

There aren't enough facepalms in the digital universe. "Potentially illegal"...? Are you actually trying to claim that getting a discount that ANYONE IN THE WORLD CAN OBTAIN FROM THE USPS IF THEY MEET THE REQUIREMENTS is "potentially illegal"...?

You have lost your mind.

You're desperately trying to throw any mud you possibly can, in the hopes that something, somewhere sticks.

21 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

All we need now is for "Joe Vonheeder" (RMA) to tell you your moral compass is wound too tight lol

Edited by CoineesSuck

"So I talked to a supervisor or team lead at eBay customer service and they told me that using the system like that for shipping non eBay related items is not what the system is intended for.

I did not name names or try to get anyone in trouble, I just called for clarification.

They also told me that they would report this up the ladder so either the glitch that allows this can be removed or to amend the eBay terms of service."

"Any member here is welcome to call eBay customer service and ask the same question I asked... "Is it OK to re-use old transactions to create new labels to ship non eBay transaction related items".

7 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Like double boxing a shipment using free USPS shipping supplies?

How is that the same thing at all? I'm not saving any money and I'm using their supplies as intended. Now if I were using them to ship media mail or First Class you would have an argument.

I will call the USPS this week to make sure as I don't want to be doing anything illegal.

Edited by Logan510

12 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
16 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Like double boxing a shipment using free USPS shipping supplies?

How is that the same thing at all? I'm not saving any money and I'm using their supplies as intended. 

What do you mean, you're not "saving any money"...? If you didn't use the double box, you'd have to use more bubblewrap/popcorn, which isn't free. Do you think they "intended" to have people use more than one box per shipment, or is that just a glitch that you're exploiting for your own personal gain...?

11 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

"So I talked to a supervisor or team lead at eBay customer service and they told me that using the system like that for shipping non eBay related items is not what the system is intended for.

They also told me that they would report this up the ladder so either the glitch that allows this can be removed or to amend the eBay terms of service."

"Any member here is welcome to call eBay customer service and ask the same question I asked... "Is it OK to re-use old transactions to create new labels to ship non eBay transaction related items".

I doubt if you talked to anyone who would really know the answer to this question. The whole system is stacked with low-level flappers to keep you from talking to anyone that actually knows a dam thing.

I know that Paypal allows you to generate the same discounted postage, whether there was a Paypal transaction or not.  It goes with Paypal membership, not the fact that items are paid using Paypal.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I doubt if you talked to anyone who would really know the answer to this question. The whole system is stacked with low-level flappers to keep you from talking to anyone that actually knows a dam thing.

I know that Paypal allows you to generate the same discounted postage, whether there was a Paypal transaction or not.  It goes with Paypal membership, not the fact that items are paid using Paypal.

Can you show me this policy and then explain to me how they're the same thing? I'm sincerely interested in finding out.