• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

REMOVED - posting guidelines - LOCKED - disruptive thread - USPS double box method "illegal"?

175 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I will call the USPS this week to make sure as I don't want to be doing anything illegal.

Edited 14 minutes ago by Logan510

8 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

How is that the same thing at all? I'm not saving any money and I'm using their supplies as intended. Now if I were using them to ship media mail or First Class you would have an argument.

I will call the USPS this week to make sure as I don't want to be doing anything illegal.

I was just bringing it back to topic.
To me, both are related, except that ebay has no specific rule but the USPS actually does, regardless how anyone, including me earlier in this thread, tries to spin it.

The real question regarding the double box OP should be, "Does it warrant negative ebay feedback?". My answer would be NO!

Would the printing of discounted shipping labels for off ebay transactions be such an issue if say the savings were passed along to the consumer? I think going in with the assumption that RMA is using this for personal , monetary gain is a bad premise to begin with.
it's also bad form to follow a fellow member around the forums with vague, snide, off topic comments. It doesn't serve any purpose other to antagonize.

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
8 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I doubt if you talked to anyone who would really know the answer to this question. The whole system is stacked with low-level flappers to keep you from talking to anyone that actually knows a dam thing.

I know that Paypal allows you to generate the same discounted postage, whether there was a Paypal transaction or not.  It goes with Paypal membership, not the fact that items are paid using Paypal.

Can you show me this policy and then explain to me how they're the same thing? I'm sincerely interested in finding out.

Google it yourself.  I could find no policy against it, just posts from when eBay was connected to Paypal saying you could use Paypal shipping to send non-eBay related packages.

If there was an actual Paypal policy against it, you wouldn't have the option to generate non-Paypal paid for items.  You do have that option in Paypal.

1 minute ago, DeadOne said:

To me, both are related, except that ebay has no specific rule but the USPS actually does, regardless how anyone, including me earlier in this thread, tries to spin it.

The real question regarding the double box OP should be, "Does it warrant negative ebay feedback?". My answer would be NO!

Would the printing of discounted shipping labels for off ebay transactions be such an issue if say the savings were passed along to the consumer? I think going in with the assumption that RMA is using this for personal , monetary gain is a bad premise to begin with.
it's also bad form to follow a fellow member around the forums with vague, snide, off topic comments. It doesn't serve any purpose other to antagonize.

You mean like you just did with me? lol

So, can you please point out the specific policy from the USPS where it says double boxing using their free supplies and using the shipping service they're intended for is against their rules?

Thank you :foryou:

Reader's Digest version:

"Logan510" is accusing me of doing something "potentially illegal" by using the eBay top rated seller shipping discount that I had earned and was entitled to use, which anyone in the world could negotiate with the USPS...and he shipped his personal comics on his employer's FedEx account. Did he reimburse Leica Microsystems for using THEIR account? Was he entitled to ship PERSONAL packages with his EMPLOYER'S account...? Did he even PAY for the shipment...?

I don't know. Maybe "Logan510" can clear it up: is he the owner of Leica Microsystems, and therefore entitled to use their FedEx account to ship his personal items...?

Just now, lizards2 said:

Google it yourself.  I could find no policy against it, just posts from when eBay was connected to Paypal saying you could use Paypal shipping to send non-eBay related packages.

If there was an actual Paypal policy against it, you wouldn't have the option to generate non-Paypal paid for items.  You do have that option in Paypal.

Yes, but you don't have that option on eBay. You have to go to an old label and re-use it and enter in a different address. I can't tell if you really think that's how their system was intended or you just like busting my chops because a buddy of yours is upset with me (shrug)

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
5 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

You mean like you just did with me? lol

So, can you please point out the specific policy from the USPS where it says double boxing using their free supplies and using the shipping service they're intended for is against their rules?

Thank you :foryou:

Can you please point out the specific policy from eBay where it says that using your Top Rated Seller account and discount to ship items that aren't a specific eBay transaction is against their rules?

Thank you. :foryou:

42 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I disagree. I would never tell anyone they could or couldn't be friends with someone else. Believe it or not we actually share at least one mutual friend I am aware of.

This specific issue isn't about moral compasses, it's about finding a (potentially illegal) loophole and exploiting it for personal gain 2c

Casey to make myself clear, I never thought you were.  I will say it publicly here that I do not think you are trying to tell people who they should and should not associate with.   I should have made that clear and can see that the way I worded it insinuated something I did not mean it to.  

Edited by Buzzetta

37 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

"So I talked to a supervisor or team lead at eBay customer service and they told me that using the system like that for shipping non eBay related items is not what the system is intended for.

I did not name names or try to get anyone in trouble, I just called for clarification.

They also told me that they would report this up the ladder so either the glitch that allows this can be removed or to amend the eBay terms of service."

"Any member here is welcome to call eBay customer service and ask the same question I asked... "Is it OK to re-use old transactions to create new labels to ship non eBay transaction related items".

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:
7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Yes, but you don't have that option on eBay. You have to go to an old label and re-use it and enter in a different address. I can't tell if you really think that's how their system was intended or you just like busting my chops because a buddy of yours is upset with me (shrug)

Actually, I wish you'd quit posting these crusades to create strife and discomfort here.  I wouldn't classify RMA as a buddy of mine, however, I do not follow him around like you do to antagonize him, and I'm not openly hostile to him.  I do give him the benefit of the doubt, which is something you long ago lost due to carp like this.

3 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Can you please point out the specific policy from eBay where it says that using your Top Rated Seller account and discount to ship items that aren't a specific eBay transaction is against their rules?

Thank you. :foryou:

I was just going to ask that as well. It's not there. Neither is the specific rule on double boxing, although I think a greater argument can be made by the USPS more so than ebay.

See... not antagonizing, just relating the current discussion back to the original topic. lol 

1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Actually, I wish you'd quit posting these crusades to create strife and discomfort here.  I wouldn't classify RMA as a buddy of mine, however, I do not follow him around like you do to antagonize him, and I'm not openly hostile to him.  I do give him the benefit of the doubt, which is something you long ago lost due to carp like this.

Actually this is Logan's thread so he's not doing any 'following'.

Just now, kav said:
2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Actually this is Logan's thread so he's not doing any 'following'.

Good point.  He's done an excellent job of getting under my skin again.  Bye.

Just now, lizards2 said:

I called Paypal and you are correct about their service, you can use Paypal shipping for non Paypal items. The guy did say that has nothing to do with eBay of course, but I didn't know you could do that with Paypal, so thank you for pointing it out.

As for the rest...(shrug)

Just now, lizards2 said:

Good point.  He's done an excellent job of getting under my skin again.  Bye.

Talk about someone I didn't expect to have a thin skin.

download.jpg