• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) Junk Sale!
5 5

265 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Popular Comics 1940's Christmas Cards empty box. Great colors and graphics. Scarce comic book related item. Excellent condition. I am pretty sure I have a couple of these cards laying around some where. If it sells, I will try and dig them out and include them as well.

$40.

popularcomics.jpg

Take. Where do you get this neat stuff?

13 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cracked Magazine #6 Dec 1958

Classic MAD imatator and actually quite good with great art. Russ Heath cover.

A solid, tight, complete copy with a nice spine and just very minor wear. These are getting harder and harder to find. Much scarcer than MADs.

$25.

cracked1.jpg

cracked2.jpg

Well if no one wants it I'll take it.

7 minutes ago, JustJimN said:

Take. Where do you get this neat stuff?

Popular Comics Christmas Card Box goes to Jim! I have literally spent close to 50 years haunting flea markets, antique stores, garage sales and shows grabbing cool stuff I like. This is tip of the iceberg I'm afraid...

8 minutes ago, JustJimN said:

Well if no one wants it I'll take it.

Cracked #6 to Jim. You will really love this. I had fun thumbing through it when I posted it. If you like these MAD imatators, let me know and will dig some more out for later on in the week.

Spirit #1 1952 Friction House Publications

Wonderfull all horror issue. The FH Spirit issues are full of great horror and crime stories. Underrated books!

This is a bright complete but fragile reader copy. It is numerous small chips out of edges and corners of cover and interior pages. Staples are popped. Nothing to really mar this great cover. Interior pages are cream to light tan but remarkably supple except on edges. Can be read carefully without pieces falling off. Due to it’s fragile shape it is being sold “as is”.

Was $50. Did I say "fragile" and sold "as is"?... Now $45.

spirit1.jpg

spirit2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Abbott & Costello #34 Dec 1955 St. John Publishers

Nice GGA cover. These early issues are full of GGA and are starting to take off due to their covers and content.

Nice, flat and bright complete copy. Has a couple light ink letters stamped in upper right corner. Top staple popped. Neat, clean splits at top and bottom of cover spine. Spine is rather weak but still attached. Some small, edge tears and light creases. Nice, off white interior paper.

$25.

abbottcostello34a.jpg

abbottcostello34b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Justice League #29 August 1964 DC Publications

Crisis on Earth Three, First SA appearance of Starman Key issue.

Clean, tight, bright complete copy. Has some overall light wrinkling and creasing to cover. Spine is tight but shows some light wear. Has a couple light interior water spots on front cover. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

$30.

justiceleague29a.jpg

justiceleague29b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Popular Comics Christmas Card Box goes to Jim! I have literally spent close to 50 years haunting flea markets, antique stores, garage sales and shows grabbing cool stuff I like. This is tip of the iceberg I'm afraid...

I think you need to open a museum Bob so we can all take a look at the neat stuff.

11 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Cracked #6 to Jim. You will really love this. I had fun thumbing through it when I posted it. If you like these MAD imatators, let me know and will dig some more out for later on in the week.

Would like to see more of these.

SOLD!

Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse Magazine #1 winter 1956

Big, fat, slick magazine dedicated to the first MM Club on TV. Lots of photos and features all the club member bios, Walt Disney's life story, Spin and Marty and an early Disneyland feature right after the park opened.

Has a long, thin "subscription" crease down center. Some small corner creases. A tiny piece of surface paper off bottom center. Solid and complete copy of this scarce mag

Was $25.   Now $20.

mouseclubmag1.jpg

mouseclubmag2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Abbott & Costello #34 Dec 1955 St. John Publishers

Nice GGA cover. These early issues are full of GGA and are starting to take off due to their covers and content.

Nice, flat and bright complete copy. Has a couple light ink letters stamped in upper right corner. Top staple popped. Neat, clean splits at top and bottom of cover spine. Spine is rather weak but still attached. Some small, edge tears and light creases. Nice, off white interior paper.

$25.

abbottcostello34a.jpg

abbottcostello34b.jpg

Take. Always liked A&C.

Romantic Marriage #9 Jan 1951 Ziff Davis Publishers

Painted cover. Carefree, romantic couple in kitchen on their anniversary cover. Big 52 page issue! Lottsa love here!

Has a small chip out of right top cover edge as well as one out at top middle. Cover is mostly neatly detached from book. (Split at top down to bottom staple and split at bottom up to bottom staple. A few small edge tears and creases. White interior pages

As $20.  Now $15.

romanticmarriage1.jpg

romanticmarriage2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Georgie #6 Summer 1946 Marvel Publications

Great issue where Georgie visits the Timely offices. Shows staff in story.

This copy was sold to me by Stephen Ritter as a Big Apple Copy. Sadly, it is maybe the lower graded copies in the collection. Right side has some color loss due to water damage. Looks like another book was once partially stuck to it in spots. Has a tear in upper right corner as well. Back is water wrinkled and lightly stained although no color loss. Otherwise, a pretty nice copy. Tight, smooth spine. No other tears, or creases. Book and centerfold bound well to book. Interior paper is off white but shows light water staining through out. Grab a cheap “pedigree” reading copy of this fun book.

Was $35.   Now $30.

georgie6a.jpg

georgie6b.jpg

georgie6c.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Roy Rogers #85 Jan 1955 Dell Puplications

Annother real nice copy as are the next two I will list from a recent find. Hard to find these real clean as kids read them to death.

Has a slight spine bend in lower left corner. A press would take care of this fine. No color broken. Back cover has a very small light crimp about 1/8" in upper right. Super small lower right tip of cover has a tiny crease. Fresh and clean!

Was $35.   Now $30.

royrogers85a.jpg

royrogers85b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Roy Rogers #87 March 1955 Dell Publications.

Same find as the other ones.

Upper right corner has a slight bend. Also, a tiny thumb bend on right side about 3/4 way down on book. A couple tiny spine bends. Looks un-read.

Was $30.   Now $25.

royrogers87a.jpg

royrogers87b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Roy Rogers #93 Sept 1955 Dell Pubs

Same collection again. Worst of the three.

Lower right corner cover bend and 1-1/6" crease on tip. A few super light indentations in cover. Spine has two very tiny crimps.Very bright and glossy!

Was $30.   Now $25.

If these sell, I could be pursuaded to maybe dig out a few more Roys, Genes and maybe Lone Rangers...

royrogers93a.jpg

royrogers93b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

All right, last book of the day and it's a cool one!

Flash #123 Feb 1961 DC Publications

Intro GA Flash, Origins both Flash's, First mention of Earth II

Nice, bright complete copy. Has a bit of a flattened spine roll. Bottom staple popped. Cover and first page have been folded and flattened out. Does not break color. A propper press would do wonders I suspect. Light general wear. No stains or missing pieces. No tears or other major creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice, supple, interior pages

$250.

flash123a.jpg

flash123b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, gang, that's it for today. Kinda seeing stars. Gotta get ready to out with some of illegal Mexican friends for a few Coronas and a little Dojer baseball on Cinco de Mayo. Will be back tomorrow with another big batch of weirdness.