• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) Junk Sale!
5 5

265 posts in this topic

Don Winslow of the Navy Plaster Statue

Circa 1941. 7" tall  Marked: "Don Winslow FV Martine 670" on base. Came in a set that you cast the plaster then painted it. I have seen many characters including many Fawcett ones.

Nice casting and un-painted with no damage. Very unusual!

Was $65.   Now $55.

donwinslowfig1.jpg

donwinslowfig2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Patsy and Hedy #30 August 1954 Atlas Pubs

Nice GGA Al Hartley boating cover!

Has some light water spotting at bottom of both covers. Upper spine is neatly split down to top staple and about 1-1/2” at bottom. Book is neatly detached from book. Some cover folds and wrinkles. Bright, glossy and clean with nice interior paper

Was $18.  Now $15.

patsyhedy30a.jpg

patsyhedy30b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

GI Combat #114 Nov 1965 DC Publications

Key issue with the Battle origin of the Haunted Tank. Russ Heath cover.

A very nice clean, bright complete copy. Tight, smooth spine. No tears or creases. Glossy with nice corners. Book and centerfold bound tight to book. Interior pages are white to off white. Pretty copy with just very minimal wear.

Actually better than the one in my own collection. But mine has several autographs…

Now $120. (I don’t mind keeping this one…) Now $110.

gicombat114a.jpg

gicombat114b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Capt. Easy #11 Jan 1948 Visual Publications

Nice GGA cover probably by Schomburg. Wild dancing girls inside + a cool Egyptian crime adventure story.

Bright, clean complete copy. Has a pretty big spine roll and a couple very tiny edge tears. No other tears or creases. Book and centerfold secure to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and nice.

$40.

capteasy11a.jpg

capteasy11c.jpg

capteasy11d.jpg

capteasy11b.jpg

I'll take this 

Hap Hazzard #12 Dec 1946 Ace Publishers

Outstanding GGA cover! Great teenage title. So hard to put this run together. Very similar to Archie.

Has a big spine roll. Cover is torn at top of spine about 1-1/4” down. A few other smaller spine tears. Some light pencil tracing in “Hap” in title. Back cover has a tear at top to match the front cover tear. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Yellowed, supple interior pages.

$25.

haphazzard1.jpg

haphazzard2.jpg

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #59 Aug 1957 Atlas Pubs

Cool, Bill Everett cover! Real decent interior stories and art

Numerous small wrinkles, creases and edge tears. Spine shows wear. Solid book with white interior pages

$40.

journeyunkworlds1.jpg

journeyunkworlds2.jpg

SOLD!

My Love Affair #2 Sept 1949 Fox Publications

Cool, sleezy Fox romance book. Lots of “sugesstive” stuff as these all have.

Front cover looks pretty nice. Back cover has a couple upper left corner creases. Spine is a little rolled. A few very minor edge tears and general wear. Everything attached well to covers. Interior pages are off white but have some lighter “bleached” corners at top. If you collect these Fox romance books, you know how hard they are to find…

$35.

myloveaffair1.jpg

myloveaffair2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

My Love Affair #2 Sept 1949 Fox Publications

Cool, sleezy Fox romance book. Lots of “sugesstive” stuff as these all have.

Front cover looks pretty nice. Back cover has a couple upper left corner creases. Spine is a little rolled. A few very minor edge tears and general wear. Everything attached well to covers. Interior pages are off white but have some lighter “bleached” corners at top. If you collect these Fox romance books, you know how hard they are to find…

$35.

myloveaffair1.jpg

myloveaffair2.jpg

Take

SOLD!

The Last Supplement March 1971 Underground

Great Crumb cover. Fat 128 page issue of Hippie weirdness.

Tight, clean copy. Slight spine roll. No tears or creases. Just minor wear. Yellowed, supple paper

Was $20.   Then $15.  Now $10!

supplement1.jpg

supplement2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Any Charlton collectors out there? I recently picked up a few very nice ones in a small collection. I don't usually buy them but know they are about impossible to find in grade. These were all nice first issue titles so I thought I'd give them a try. The next 4 books are all Charltons from this collection. They are all beauties!

Attack #1 Sept 1971 Charlton

Beautiful copy. Looks un-read. Has a few small bends and crimps that do not break color. Tight, flat, glossy and smooth spine. White interior pages.

$20.

attack1.jpg

attack2.jpg

Hanna Barbera Parade #1 Sept. 1971 Charlton

Beautiful copy. Looks un-read. Has a few small edge tears (like Marvelchipping but not as severe). Small bend in back cover. Tight, flat, glossy and smooth spine. White interior pages.

$25.

hannabarbera1.jpg

hannabarbera2.jpg

Haunted #1 Sept 1971 Charlton Pubs

All Steve Ditko cover to cover!

Beautiful copy. Looks un-read. Has a few small bends and crimps that do not break color. Tight, flat, glossy and smooth spine. White interior pages.

$35.

haunted1.jpg

haunted2.jpg

Bugaloos #1 Sept 1971 Charlton Pubs

Classic Sid and Marty Krofft TV show book

Beautiful copy. Looks un-read. Has a few small bends and crimps that do not break color. Two very tiny rough trim spots probably due to a dull knife trim at bindery at bottom right side. Tight, flat, glossy and smooth spine. White interior pages.

$25.

bugaloos1.jpg

bugaloos2.jpg

Astonishing #14 June 1952 Atlas Publications

Cool cover on this nice pch book.

A few small spine tears that go through whole book. Numerous small wrinkles. Creases and edge tears. Bottom staple is rusty. Two interior pages have small pieces out of top that very slightly affect readability. Cover is just still holding on to book. Nice interior paper. Cool reader.

$35.

astonishing1.jpg

astonishing2.jpg

First Love #37 Feb 1954 Harvey Pubs

“Gangster’s Girl” story. Some rough treatment going on in this one. Sexy “Bedeviled” GGA story. These Harvey Romance books are real sleepers!

Nice, clean, tight, bright copy. Some minor edge wear. Back cover has a tiny corner crease, a tiny tear and a little light spotting at top. Yellowed, supple interior paper.

$20.

firstlove1.jpg

firstlove2.jpg

firstlove3.jpg

firstlove4.jpg

Cowboy Action #5 March 1955

Maneeley cover.

Bright, glossy, tight complete copy. Has a tiny chip out of top right corner. A couple small “Marvel chips” on right side of cover. Spine has numerous small crimps but tight and smooth. Small “Marvel chip” at top of back cover. Book and centerfold tight to covers. Nice, off white interior paper.

Was $25.   Now $20.

cowboyaction1.jpg

cowboyaction2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Zany Magazine #3 March 1959

Weird, short run MAD ripp off title. Great Bill Everett Monster cover.

A bright, glossy flat copy. Has just minor corner and edge wear. Back cover has a few real small stain marks. Cover bound well to covers. Nice yellowed, supple pages.

Man, these are hard to find!

$25.

zany1.jpg

zany2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man