• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(CLOSED) Junk Sale!
5 5

265 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

All right, last book of the day and it's a cool one!

Flash #123 Feb 1961 DC Publications

Intro GA Flash, Origins both Flash's, First mention of Earth II

Nice, bright complete copy. Has a bit of a flattened spine roll. Bottom staple popped. Cover and first page have been folded and flattened out. Does not break color. A propper press would do wonders I suspect. Light general wear. No stains or missing pieces. No tears or other major creases. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Nice, supple, interior pages

$250.

flash123a.jpg

flash123b.jpg

What the heck! :takeit:

5 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

OK, gang, that's it for today. Kinda seeing stars. Gotta get ready to out with some of illegal Mexican friends for a few Coronas and a little Dojer baseball on Cinco de Mayo. Will be back tomorrow with another big batch of weirdness.

Go Giants.

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Thanks Badger, I don't do a lot of SA but this has always been one of my favorites...

I don't do a lot of Silver Age, and almost no DC, but this is a favorite. :)

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Hey, I won't hold it against you. I love the game. No hate here. The way we are both playing I'm afraid we are heading for the choker series...

It's a long season. Wouldn't be surprised if they both made it to the playoffs.

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Justice League #29 August 1964 DC Publications

Crisis on Earth Three, First SA appearance of Starman Key issue.

Clean, tight, bright complete copy. Has some overall light wrinkling and creasing to cover. Spine is tight but shows some light wear. Has a couple light interior water spots on front cover. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

$30.

justiceleague29a.jpg

justiceleague29b.jpg

:takeit:

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Hey gang, about to get started. I got quite the pile for you today. Hopefully something you just can't live without. So, go let the dog out, grab a cold one and I'll get started in about 15 minutes!

Love your sales threads Robot. Even when I'm not buying it's a spin of the wheel with every refresh to see what cool stuff you're gonna offer up. (thumbsu

OK, here we go!

SOLD!

A Whole Lotta Love!

This is a lot of 6 1950’s Romance books + Two complete covers. Books include:

Heart Throbs #10

Dream Book of Romance #5

Love Experiences #29

My Romantic Adventures #57

Popular Romances #29

Patsy Walker #75

And complete covers only for

Popular Romances #19

Lovers #62

Condition is basically lower grade. Roughly good or a little better or worse

Was $45. For the lot + $7.50 postage   Now $40.

lovelot1.jpg

lovelot2.jpg

lovelot3.jpg

lovelot4.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Yak Yak Four Color #1186 (#1) 1961 Dell Publications

A great MAD takeoff humor book all by Jack Davis cover to cover. Outstanding art and content. Check out the centerspread!

A nice, clean, tight complete copy. Small grease pencil arrival date in title. Back cover has a tiny ¼” square out of bottom spine. A couple light cover bends that do not break color. No tears or creases. Book and centerfold are tight to covers. Nice interior pages.

$25.

yakyak1.jpg

yakyak2.jpg

yakyak3.jpg

SOLD!

Manhunt #9 June 1948 ME Publications

Very cool, underrated crime/horror hybrid title. Awsome cover. Has interior stories by LB Cole and Ogden Whitney. Bondage and GGA as well. Great title!

A clean, tight complete copy. Has a small cover tear on right side. A ¼” spine split in center of spine. Tiny chip at top of spine. A tiny hole in back cover on spine. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

$100.

manhunt1.jpg

manhunt3.jpg

manhunt4.jpg

manhunt5.jpg

manhunt6.jpg

manhunt4.jpg

manhunt2.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

SOLD!

Capt. Easy #11 Jan 1948 Visual Publications

Nice GGA cover probably by Schomburg. Wild dancing girls inside + a cool Egyptian crime adventure story.

Bright, clean complete copy. Has a pretty big spine roll and a couple very tiny edge tears. No other tears or creases. Book and centerfold secure to covers. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and nice.

$40.

capteasy11a.jpg

capteasy11c.jpg

capteasy11d.jpg

capteasy11b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Manhunt #9 June 1948 ME Publications

Very cool, underrated crime/horror hybrid title. Awsome cover. Has interior stories by LB Cole and Ogden Whitney. Bondage and GGA as well. Great title!

A clean, tight complete copy. Has a small cover tear on right side. A ¼” spine split in center of spine. Tiny chip at top of spine. A tiny hole in back cover on spine. Yellowed but supple interior pages.

$100.

manhunt1.jpg

manhunt3.jpg

manhunt4.jpg

manhunt5.jpg

manhunt6.jpg

manhunt4.jpg

manhunt2.jpg

Take

Action Comics #293 Oct 1962 DC Publications

Key issue, Origin Comet the Wonderhorse

Has a small punch hole at top through the book. A few very minor tears and creases at bottom of book and a tiny chip out of top right corner. Bottom staple very neatly pulled. A very tight, clean copy otherwise.

$25.

action293a.jpg

action293b.jpg

Jann of the Jungle #10 March 1955 Atlas Publications

Williamson/Colletta cover. Good jungle girl art inside.

Small piece out of top of cover at spine. Back cover has a long “subscription” crease. Just minor wear otherwise. Tight to covers. Interior pages are off white.

Was $30.   Now $25.

jannjungle10a.jpg

jannjungle10b.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Planet Stories Pulp #6 Spring 1941 Friction House

Nice, early issue of this seminal title with a cool cover!

Book is taped down length of spine. A couple of small pieces out of right edge of cover. Numerous small edge tears and creases as is common on pulps. Near complete spine paper. Yellowed but supple interior paper with no interior damage.

Was $30. Just think what this would be if it were a comic not a pulp…Now $25.

planetpulp1.jpg

planetpulp2.jpg

planetpulp3.jpg

Edited by Robot Man