• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top 5 most iconic hero costumes or emblems ?

21 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Rank em' !  Here are mine : 

1.Supes

2. Batman 

3. Captain America 

4. Wonder Woman 

5. Robin. 

No Spider-Man? :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe:

Based on world-wide multi-cultural instant recognizability on a par with Mickey Mouse...

1. Superman

2. Original Captain Marvel's Thunderbolt emblem

3. Batman

4. D*ck Tracy

5. Captain America

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

What? no Phantasmo - shocking!

Seriously though, it is hard to think of any others not already mentioned if personal likes are not in play.  The main DC characters have been around so long and displayed in various mediums throughout the years so it would be hard to beat them.  Perhaps at one point, the King Features heroes had some sway like Flash Gordon and the Phantom but I can't imagine now many folks would know them.  That to me is sad.

0.thumb.jpg.7d0cf257d7b1d477339f3ba890a5d564.jpg

On 5/6/2018 at 5:47 AM, Mercury Man said:

Maybe I would switch out Robin with the Green Lantern or Flash anyone else just for kicks. 

:whistle:

Yes, that even includes Butt Man (posted by telerites)

Edited by Gotham Kid

50 minutes ago, waaaghboss said:

I feel like more people would recognize a Popeye costume over a wonder woman costume.

Or at least should.

rantrant

Without Popeye in it, it's just a sailor suit and a corn cob pipe. 

On 5/6/2018 at 5:11 PM, telerites said:

What? no Phantasmo - shocking!

Seriously though, it is hard to think of any others not already mentioned if personal likes are not in play.  The main DC characters have been around so long and displayed in various mediums throughout the years so it would be hard to beat them.  Perhaps at one point, the King Features heroes had some sway like Flash Gordon and the Phantom but I can't imagine now many folks would know them.  That to me is sad.

0.thumb.jpg.7d0cf257d7b1d477339f3ba890a5d564.jpg

I agree with you. The artwork on Flash Gordon was incredibly good; so was much of the artwork on the Phantom (depending on who was drawing it). Quite a bit of TLC went into some of the old serial newspaper strips.