• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this unacceptable or is it just me?
4 4

213 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

In this very specific case and with this specific individual there has been numerous attempts of people asking this individual both publicly and privately to take a breath and to just hit the "pause" button.  It's a shame because otherwise I am sure he would be an enjoyable person to be around.  

I can honestly think of more than one person in this thread that would apply to. 

28 minutes ago, wombat said:

I can honestly think of more than one person in this thread that would apply to. 

I can honestly say that I am absolutely a joy to be around and I'm exactly the same here as I am in person. I've never really understood the whole "online persona" thing.

I read a decent amount of this post, but not all of it. Don't want to ruffle feathers, but what about comic books that don't contain any ads? Technically they could be sent media mail and the argument can be made there is no advertisements in the comic. Sort of like TPB and Graphic Novels. Most don't have ads.

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I can honestly say that I am absolutely a joy to be around and I'm exactly the same here as I am in person. I've never really understood the whole "online persona" thing.

Likewise.  And despite the few here who think I'm just awful, in real life people flock around me.  

Doesn't the USPS DMM define advertising as, "Advertising includes paid advertising and the publishers‘ own advertising in display, classified, or editorial style."?
In my opinion, this would mean any advertising paid for, at any time, whether applicable to todays times or not, thus disqualifying most comic books from media mail.

I've shipped a more that a few old FOUR COLOR DELLS and honestly could say to the postal guy..... No, they don't have any ads, cuz from front cover to back cover it was ALL comics 

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

girllol.gif

This is me.  No no really..... it's me jsilverjanet.......  that's what I look like.  Really, 

c'mon, I'm not kidding..... that's me.  I was in the photo booth and 

was watching some old FLEE posts.  I didn't know the camera was on me.

No really, I didn't know......  

I hope this doesn't go viral 

1 hour ago, Philflound said:

I read a decent amount of this post, but not all of it. Don't want to ruffle feathers, but what about comic books that don't contain any ads? Technically they could be sent media mail and the argument can be made there is no advertisements in the comic. Sort of like TPB and Graphic Novels. Most don't have ads.

Yes indeed. Marvel Graphic Novels, for example, all qualify for Media mail, without question. Most TPBs do, too. 

1 hour ago, DeadOne said:

Doesn't the USPS DMM define advertising as, "Advertising includes paid advertising and the publishers‘ own advertising in display, classified, or editorial style."?
In my opinion, this would mean any advertising paid for, at any time, whether applicable to todays times or not, thus disqualifying most comic books from media mail.

But where is "at any time" found in the DMM? 

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

This is me.  No no really..... it's me jsilverjanet.......  that's what I look like.  Really, 

c'mon, I'm not kidding..... that's me.  I was in the photo booth and 

was watching some old FLEE posts.  I didn't know the camera was on me.

No really, I didn't know......  

I hope this doesn't go viral 

So how's Demi's sloppy seconds working for you...?

11 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Postmaster? Yes. The "clerk behind the counter"? No.

8 pages...? I think your math is off.

It's an interesting discussion, regardless of the divergence of opinions. Why disparage the discussion...? There are 18 (actual) pages of argument in the Metropolis is suing Voldy thread. Is that a problem...?

There's a really easy solution for those who complain about what other people want to talk about: don't revisit the thread. Instead, you choose to complain, creating tension and discomfort where it need not be. It's one of the actual problems this board has that the noobs are always going on about.

I'm not complaining. In fact, I find it quite entertaining and, in your words, interesting. I'm not your enemy, why try to define me as such?

Also, my math wasn't off. My statement was on page 8 of 8 (now page 8 of 9).

I'm just amused by how far people can take an argument, especially over matters with simple solutions (like, just don't use media mail in the first place).

I fail to see how my original statement was a complaint, or how it created any additional "tension and discomfort."

But it's 2018, and people seem to have terribly thin skin.

RMA - the thing that impresses me about you is your dedication to debate, even after someone (like me, in this instance) agrees with you.

I remember our first debate a few years ago. You seemed absolutely shocked that I saw things your way and was able to change my mind. Sorry for taking the wind out of your sails back then, and I'm sorry for doing it now.

In regards to this debate, I see the validity of your argument...my side is that the post office simply won't care. Of course, you're free to spend your time arguing with the USPS if you wish. I have much better things to do. Best of luck. :foryou:

9 hours ago, Logan510 said:

I'm tired of this excuse. BUT...BUT...in /REAL/ life...

Your "online persona" is absolutely part of who you are in REAL life...probably even more revealing of your true character, since the Internet shields one from the sort of immediate consequences that could arise from soneone's "uncensored" remarks or actions in face-to-face situations.

If you're unpleasant online, the chances of you being unpleasant in real-life rise exponentially. 2c

On 5/11/2018 at 9:27 PM, newshane said:

If you (people in general, not YOU) think the average postal employee is going to give enough of a flyin' baby-making maneuver to spend more than two neurons on the validity of advertisements based on age...then you're out of your gourd my friend.

The reality is that the post master would tell you to eff yourself over the extra 7 or 8 dollar charge...then he would spend his lunch hour laughing and talking about you.

Sure, take him to court...how much are you really willing to pay for the principle of the matter?

Or...spend hours on the phone trying to work it out.

As for me, more worthwhile things await...like sitting back in a lawn chair downing a beer...or going to the dentist...

You would be surprised how many packages I get mailed to me via media mail that are opened by the USPS. It happens more than 50% of the time, and always requiring me to pay additional postage at time of delivery.  It may be that the PO by me employs lots of workers that are 1-2 years away from retirement, and they are more “old school” in their approach to the rule book. 

Edited by joeypost

On 5/11/2018 at 10:17 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh, hey, thanks! That was PRECISELY the "official notice" was referring to earlier with this post:

Now, you're not paying attention, or you would know the answer to this question already:

Is that in the DMM...?

If the answer is "no"...and it is...then that statement has absolutely zero relevance to anything whatsoever, utterly and totally regardless of the website on which it appears.

:hi:

If it's not in the Domestic Mail Manual...the "DMM"...it...is...meaningless.

Go ahead...ask anyone who works at the USPS. 

That was two years. I had two boxes returned and read the messages from USPS. It does not meet qualifications. Funny, both packages had only $50 worth of junk comic books so I have to tell my buyers that I have to use Priority Mail or First Class from now on.

That seller is definitely a miser.

I have heard that if anything that qualifies for media mail is in the box, that the entire contents of the box qualify for media mail.

That being said, I have received comics via media mail before that had 1 sheet of music in the box. Sheet music qualifies for media mail.

Would this be an acceptable way to ship comics media mail?