• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Giant Size Appreciation Thread
7 7

275 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2022 at 12:35 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Got lucky and pounced on a G-S Conan #2 today, so my 9.6 WP collection is complete.  Just need 26 more (!!) to have the whole Giant-Size set upgraded from 9.4.  (Thankfully GSX #1 is already taken care of.)

lol I'm glad it is 26, and not infinity and beyond!

Favorite disney movie to infinity and beyond disney GIF on GIFER - by  Stoneworm

On 3/2/2022 at 10:54 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4 9.8 just went for $7601 on ComicLink. I thought my bid was a lock, but it was 2K short.

GSFF4

That was my book. It is just stunning but Mrs. Donut has an expensive kitchen coming.

On 3/3/2022 at 5:07 AM, FlyingDonut said:

That was my book. It is just stunning but Mrs. Donut has an expensive kitchen coming.

Fantastic result, Nuts! But great for you and Mrs Ds kitchen. 

On 3/17/2022 at 8:46 PM, WernerVonDoom said:

After much internal debate, I decided to put my Giant-Size registry set on ComicLink. I love these, but I need an FF #5. Ugh. Anyway, they should be up in April.

I think I saw them last night scheduled for the April auction.  No pictures yet, but descriptions.  Thanks for letting us know. Paul 😊

On 5/15/2022 at 8:13 PM, picon3 said:

Recently added Giant-Size Conan #2 (with a tip of the hat to Batmiesta for the lead-many thanks :cheers:).  Just need the #1 issue to complete the short set. 

Paul~

Giant-Size Conan #2 CGC 9.6 Off-White to White.JPG

Congrats! And good luck 🤞

Managed to complete the short set in record time.  (At least for me considering that I often collect obscure stuff with only 4-5 on the census).  So I've already posted #2, 4, and 5 of Giant-Size Conan.  Here are the other two (both White pages).  Both new to the census I believe.  Thanks to everyone who was my cheering section.  :cheers: Paul~

Giant-Size Conan #3 (CGC 9.6) White.jpg

Conan GS #1 002.jpg

Edited by picon3
wrong slab picture

On 6/16/2022 at 7:09 PM, picon3 said:

Managed to complete the short set in record time.  (At least for me considering that I often collect obscure stuff with only 4-5 on the census).  So I've already posted #2, 4, and 5 of Giant-Size Conan.  Here are the other two (both White pages).  Both new to the census I believe.  Thanks to everyone who was my cheering section.  :cheers: Paul~

Giant-Size Conan #1 (CGC 9.6) White.jpg

Giant-Size Conan #3 (CGC 9.6) White.jpg

So this is completion and of yet another! Good show, to stay focused lol

I'll admit haphazard can work too, but nice to see the focus comes back. It takes true appreciation to come back !!! ^^

Cheers

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I've chickened out on a lot of giant sized issues. Some of the covers are great, but I'm usually doing slabs and the raws while easier to come by, are harder for me to keep in nice condition lol

Y'all have me thinking. As many bronze giant size there are, my lone Spider-Man#4 gs is lonely hm

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/16/2022 at 7:56 PM, pickycollector said:

I was lucky to buy most of my Giant-Size issues from zillaf4 more than 15 years ago when he had those raw file copies for sale.

I just heard about that particular boardie in other threads, apparently had too notch stuff.

Nice how his reputation holds up all these years later!

On 6/17/2022 at 1:56 AM, pickycollector said:

I was lucky to buy most of my Giant-Size issues from zillaf4 more than 15 years ago when he had those raw file copies for sale.

I was lucky to win some of those, got them graded and they were all 9.6/8, sold a lot of them far too early. :frown: