• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your beater Holy Grail !

672 posts in this topic

The owner of Seattle Tix, Ignazio Nicassio, sold me the book and he is solid.

The book is a borderline 4.0, and I figure I paid 1.2 X Overstreet, which is a bargain!!

Even though it's a small scan - I would agree that it looks to lean to closer to the VG side of G/VG - nice deal - at most 1.5 times guide using the seller's grade. Although lower grade GA Caps in general have gone up in the last decade - #74 seems to have stayed at the same value - maybe time for a jump?

Although lower grade GA Caps in general have gone up in the last decade - #74 seems to have stayed at the same value - maybe time for a jump?

Not until I get my copy! crazy.gif

C'mon guys, we've got to keep this thread going! Here's my copy of Zip Comics 22. (No centerfold, no cry...)

zip22.jpg

Did you score this on ebay a few years back - I remember being underbidder on a copy without a centerfold that sold for around $120. Grrrrr!

Thanks, folks! (Yes ripb, this was indeed an ebay win several years ago and is likely the copy you're thinking of...hey, once in a while us bottom-feeders get lucky I guess!) The spine is even worse than it looks, but the book is solid and displays nicely. So many wild covers on those Peps and Zips! I have a few more poor man's MLJ books, which I'll try to post soon.

OK, I'll play along, I got this one at my LCS he wanted $300 but I paid $250, I've always loved this cover... the whole book is nice, cover nice, pages white, very clean, no markings, it's just the cover is completely detached (due to it being one of those WWII "one staple" issues)....also has a one inch spine split at top corner, and a slight spine roll....

Picture202.jpg

Ok, my here's my beater grail copy - Subby's head is missing, as are 3-4 interior panels but who collects this book for the interior anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif

allselect1.jpg

Great books, thedude & drbanner! That Action presents beautifully...I'd be real happy with that one. thumbsup2.gif

yeah, I'll keep it around until I find a nicer one, maybe someday, but the cover is clean and the inks are bright. which makes it appear nicer than it is..