• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I miss Ian Levine...

121 posts in this topic

Does anyone remember her at the start of her career? She made millions from her first album and then when she got together with Chris Evans decided to retire at the age of 18! Glad she came to her sensees and realised how boring life would be after retiring so young screwy.gif

Congrats on your 2000th post. thumbsup2.gif

In just under three months, natch. blush.gif

cool.gif

You'll have overtaken me by this time next year. 893whatthe.gif

Of course you do realize you've sacrificed your soul to these boards already. Just try not posting here for 24 hours - I double dare you. devil.gif

Does anyone remember her at the start of her career? She made millions from her first album and then when she got together with Chris Evans decided to retire at the age of 18! Glad she came to her sensees and realised how boring life would be after retiring so young screwy.gif

Congrats on your 2000th post. thumbsup2.gif

In just under three months, natch. blush.gif

cool.gif

You'll have overtaken me by this time next year. 893whatthe.gif

Of course you do realize you've sacrificed your soul to these boards already. Just try not posting here for 24 hours - I double dare you. devil.gif

No one would notice poke2.gif I think i posted twice on saturday and once or twice on sunday insane.gifshy.gif

Those are old pics...

This is more like the real deal...

asis617200545444PM.jpg

Jim

I'd take my better half over her any day of the week.

Me to, your better half that is. grin.gif

Those are old pics...

asis617200545444PM.jpg

Jim

[austin] she's a man, baby, yeah [/powers]

That ain't no wo-man. It's a man-man!

foreheadslap.gifyeahok.gif

Those are old pics...

asis617200545444PM.jpg

Jim

[austin] she's a man, baby, yeah [/powers]

That ain't no wo-man. It's a man-man!

foreheadslap.gifyeahok.gif

Congratulations on 4000 posts. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Those are old pics...

asis617200545444PM.jpg

Jim

I'd take my better half over her any day of the week.

Me to, your better half that is. grin.gif

Dang! You beat me to it smile.gif

I saw a Dr. Who special on CBC the other night, and thought "Gee, I wonder how Ian is doing with his collection of everything DC? Did he find that last elusive comic?"

Here I am. I still keep logging on to check for messages. Thankyou for starting such a thoughtful thread.

Sadly no, I never got the last comic.

New Adventure 26 has become an irritating bug - a thorn in my side - and all the excitement of completing my collection has long since faded.

Plus there was an Uncle Sam 5 on e-Bay a few weeks back (although it's not strictly DC, it is part of the numerical run that became Blackhawk), and we bid $500 but the bid was blocked because it was from outside the USA, even though I have a US address at my Mothers. Anyway it went for $87, and neither the buyer or the seller even responded.

Interestingly, a couple of weeks ago there were mid-grade copies on e-Bay of New Adventure 23 and 25.

23 went for $290, and 25 went for $330.

A far cry from the $15,000 that DTA asked, isn't it ???

I've talked with Ian online from time to time in the last couple months. He's been quite active on the main Doctor Who message boardsat Outpost Gallifrey, as we all have during the run of the first new series. But now that the show will be going away until Christmas, maybe he'll be back here again. Time will tell.

Ha ha ha ha ha.

How bloody accurate was THAT ?????????

I know that Ian did find the very elusive Warlord Remco comic and he will be sending me a scan of it once it gets to him. I will then post it up for all to see. As far as I know the only scans of this comic is through the action figure blister pack.

Yes I will indeed. I'm waiting for it to arrive, but it's safely up in Wakefield.

And I wouldn't have found it without the help of the awesome Metarog, DC sleuth extraordinaire.

That's CRAZY TALK Ian! Your quest is near an end - don't give up now!

It was "near an end" a full year and four months ago.

It's still exactly the same "near an end" as it was then.

Not exactly cause to celebrate.

Ian.

You have 32,999 of the 33,000 DC comics EVER PUBLISHED. Remain calm. Eventually you will find one, and eventually your quest will be complete. How cool will that be?

Ian.

You have 32,999 of the 33,000 DC comics EVER PUBLISHED. Remain calm. Eventually you will find one, and eventually your quest will be complete. How cool will that be?

We know where two copies are. One of them is the DTA copy that is outrageously priced. The other one is owned by a guy I know who is a true collector and who never sells or trades his books and who wants his identity kept confidential, but might be willing to do a cash/trade deal if he could get some other books he needs along with some cash. A deal could potentially be done if we could find some of the following to use as trade bait along with cash:

Wow (1936) #1-3, Keen Komics V2#1, Master #4-6 and Bob Scully (1933).

Anyone have any of these? confused-smiley-013.gif

We know where two copies are. One of them is the DTA copy that is outrageously priced. The other one is owned by a guy I know who is a true collector and who never sells or trades his books and who wants his identity kept confidential, but might be willing to do a cash/trade deal if he could get some other books he needs along with some cash. A deal could potentially be done if we could find some of the following to use as trade bait along with cash:

Hopefully I am not dredging up too much drama, but I missed the discussion on DTA. Who is this and why the high price? I assume its because they know Ian needs it? confused-smiley-013.gif

DTA' s consigning the book. apparently for someone with a - charitably put - inflated sense of the value of said book

Ian.

I've seen the Bob Scully before and know of two copies of it. But neither of them will ever see the light of day as they are locked away in collections.

See, I knew he'd show up again.

The real reason is that he's following me from board to board because he likes me. smile.gif

Shouldn't it be the other way around.......the Master following the Doctor? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As grateful as I am that you located this other copy, your friend's lack of urgency suggests to me it might never happen. I was a bit excited when you first told me about it, but as each week passes, I've mentally written it off to save me from a fall if it never comes off.

I mean lets face it, he's not exactly rushing to do a deal, is he ???