• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When u order graded books from ebay...
1 1

36 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Kevin76 said:

I buy my own boxes for slabs...I think I can spare the 75 cents  rather than hand out refunds

How do you manage a 75 cent box? 

9 hours ago, boatfund said:

Actually it's seller's responsibility to pack it well, simply putting it in a Priority Mail box with a little padding and blaming the USPS for damage is a joke. Those free Priority Mail boxes are so flimsy they are going to get crushed.   This reminds me of sellers putting a raw comic in a manila envelope (and no cardboard wrap) and blaming the post office when it arrives damaged.  I hope the slab is ok and the selling did a good job wrapping the slab for protection. 

If the seller packages properly and the book is still damaged, in most cases a refund is still granted. A loss either way, raw or slabbed.

If the book is boxed and sufficiently wrapped in bubbles/peanuts/whatever, it's hard to blame the seller, even if it does end up damaged.  Sometimes it just happens.

I got a box from @Ricksneatstuff yesterday that was covered in BBQ sauce.  So either Rick used the box as a napkin after eating ribs, or I should look elsewhere for someone to blame. :whee: 

6 minutes ago, entalmighty1 said:

If the book is boxed and sufficiently wrapped in bubbles/peanuts/whatever, it's hard to blame the seller, even if it does end up damaged.  Sometimes it just happens.

I got a box from @Ricksneatstuff yesterday that was covered in BBQ sauce.  So either Rick used the box as a napkin after eating ribs, or I should look elsewhere for someone to blame. :whee: 

What!? You don’t like barbecue on your comic boxes??

B93B4084-86D4-44AA-B8FE-A484EBBE3B80.gif

11 hours ago, paperheart said:

an invitation for someone having a bad day using it as a frisbee

This.  A few years ago, our regular UPS guy at work told me that he doesn't recommend putting fragile stickers on the box because it's pretty much a guarantee that someone will see how far they can chuck it across the warehouse.  

7 hours ago, entalmighty1 said:

I'm from Memphis sir.  I would eat barbecue off a hubcap. :cloud9: 

I like Memphis.  They have excellent BBQ.  I am partial to the Commissary in Germantown, where some of my wife's family lives.  I will be there later this month actually and plan to gorge myself.

5 minutes ago, Spyder! said:

I like Memphis.  They have excellent BBQ.  I am partial to the Commissary in Germantown, where some of my wife's family lives.  I will be there later this month actually and plan to gorge myself.

Not to derail this thread, but as a lifelong Memphian, you can do better than Commissary. (thumbsu 

Try the BBQ Shop on Madison in midtown.  I've never known anybody to be disappointed there.

1 minute ago, entalmighty1 said:

Not to derail this thread, but as a lifelong Memphian, you can do better than Commissary. (thumbsu 

Try the BBQ Shop on Madison in midtown.  I've never known anybody to be disappointed there.

Will do!  

I use medium priority flat rates for slabs, never had an issue.  Put enough bubble wrap and packing peanuts and random cardboards/crumpled paper (maybe a few sucky free comics too) to make sure it doesn't move, and it should be fine.  If you live on the east coast, its probably cheaper to ship another way if the customer is also on the east coasts/south (which is where most of the population is).  But on the west coast, most buyers are far enough away to justify flat rate (especially if you like to pack it heavy [secure]). 

40 minutes ago, jason4 said:

Glad your Turok #1’s 9.8 arrived safely. J/k I see what it is now

Probably cost about as much after the Preacher 1 crash lol

On 7/12/2018 at 8:05 AM, DocHoppus182 said:

This.  A few years ago, our regular UPS guy at work told me that he doesn't recommend putting fragile stickers on the box because it's pretty much a guarantee that someone will see how far they can chuck it across the warehouse.  

Newman.jpg