• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,725 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2021 at 3:37 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Of the three puzzles that you showed, you definitely bought the best one.

I bought these three back in 1974 (photos from the web, I got rid of mine a few years back) at the toy store.  I want to say all three were shrink wrapped together as a bundle, but that's really stretching my memory.

I must have loved them, because some of the pieces broke off from wear.   The Spider-Man Thor one is odd, because all it has for a villain is Dr. Ock's tentacles.

Educa Puzzle The Spider-man #13676 Marvel 1000 PC RARE for sale online |  eBay

Spider-Man with Hulk Puzzle Can by HG Toys, 1974

Image 1 - Spider-Man With Thor 75 Piece Jigsaw Puzzle HG Toys 1974 12" Round

Nice Cap an Spidey cover on that puzzle can👍‼️😷

On 4/17/2021 at 9:47 PM, bababooey said:

:whatthe:

tumblr_m0p2xzyrL81rntezlo1_400.gif

Your outness has been cemented, TripleB :bigsmile:

Current Uptown Top Rankings:

1. Marwood's Sister - 54 minutes (I told you she was good)
  2. Marwood's Mum - One hour and 55 minutes

Mum.thumb.jpg.1f9be9ec59317ee261b3a6c6bd6ec06b.jpg
Marwood's Mum

Jack.thumb.jpg.e044912dbe47f02f9226691aa98b22c5.jpg
Marwood's Sister

6 minutes ago, ganni said:

Hey Marwood ! Try solving this !

asm jp1.jpg

Is there nothing that online cannot take over. 

Give me physical things Ganni. I want to hold them in my hands.  

13 minutes ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

I don't make my way around the intranets very often and so was completely unaware of this thread, despite the fact that Ross Andru is my favorite Spidey guy. Thanks to Reggie for making me aware of it.

I went to a small art con in NJ, yesterday and saw this page. I wrestled over spending the dough to get it, but caved for two main reasons.....

1) I don't see many Ross Amazing Spidey splashes around (I had actually never seen this original piece, prior to yesterday).

2) That is an example of the PERFECT Spider-Man. From pose, to  figure work, to the inks provided (It is either Dave Hunt of Frank Giacoia). When I saw this, I was immediately reminded of the Spidey's physicality, after Superman pulled his punch. 

I am 7 years old, every time that I look at this original piece of art.

I consider myself a lucky guy, for many reasons. This has become one of them. 

Ross Andru - Amazing Spider-Man #144 page 22 SPLASH, in Fred Chamberlain's Original Artwork Comic Art Gallery Room (comicartfans.com)

AmazingSpidey144p22cafjpg.jpg

Welcome to the thread, Fred. That's a ffooosshing lovely page I must say :)

31 minutes ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

I don't make my way around the intranets very often and so was completely unaware of this thread, despite the fact that Ross Andru is my favorite Spidey guy. Thanks to Reggie for making me aware of it.

I went to a small art con in NJ, yesterday and saw this page. I wrestled over spending the dough to get it, but caved for two main reasons.....

1) I don't see many Ross Amazing Spidey splashes around (I had actually never seen this original piece, prior to yesterday).

2) That is an example of the PERFECT Spider-Man. From pose, to  figure work, to the inks provided (It is either Dave Hunt of Frank Giacoia). When I saw this, I was immediately reminded of the Spidey's physicality, after Superman pulled his punch. 

Ross Andru - Amazing Spider-Man #144 page 22 SPLASH, in Fred Chamberlain's Original Artwork Comic Art Gallery Room (comicartfans.com)

Fun! :x Glad you DID pick it up! 

1 hour ago, Fred Chamberlain said:

I don't even want to know what you spent on this Masterpiece, but I guarantee you will look back at this purchase down the road and be as happy as you are today.

I posted a couple of pages back about the roles of the primary inker and the background inker, although admitting there was no delineation of what was what sometimes.  I'm guessing this is all Giacoia here, as not a lot of background in it.

I had never seen this piece before today either.  I was actually just thinking about it the other.

Not a lot of us on this thread, but we have fun, pull for one another, and all enjoy the work of Mr. Ross.:tink:

9 hours ago, FoggyNelson said:

I feel like getting a superhero puzzle now😷😷👍 to do next winter ☝️👍👍a hard 500 piece one ‼️

If you want a hard puzzle the third- eye black light ones are really tough to do, take hours/days. Unfortunately they are expensive, no Ross Andru art but several Kirby and the BWS Conan one is a thing of beauty. 

7 hours ago, ganni said:

Guess John Romita Sr inking didn't make the grade

asm#151

Oh man, knew I would forget someone.  And he actually inked two issues as well, ASM 125 & ASM 151.

1.  Romita

2.  Giacoia

3.  Mooney

4.  Esposito

5.  McLeod

6.  DeZuniga