• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Daredevils 7 is reletively 'easy' to get hold of in the UK - but not in super high grade (as it has a white cover) - it goes for betwen £10 and £20 - it's a 'known' issue now I think.

I have a nice copy in VF+

MSH 387 & 388 are virtually impossible here too - I have a copy of 387 in VG - and it's the only one I've ever seen. They're printed on low-quality paper.

I had a 388 in FR but sold it thinking I'd get a better copy....!

Unfortunately, Marvel UK titles are not generally collected in the UK but you occassionally find them in bargain bins.

Here's the cover for 387 - can't find 388 anywhere!

marvelsuperheroes387.jpg

I just got a hold of two copies of the A1 Sketchbook Variant myself. It's really tough to get unsigned copies. Man if these ever get some interest comparable to the other MM books watch out! The book is a year old and it's already really hard to get.

One way to tell that this is an underrated book is by looking at Milehigh's website. If this book was in demand I'm sure they would be asking for more than $12.

as far as one's without signatures, these are very tough to get...I have one and can't find anymore!

that's because I've got them all! wink.gif

most of them are signed because the issue was first released at a convention (see my earlier post)

wonder if I should sell one of my remaining 9.8s...

Seriously, if I see any more here, I'll buy them - and PM you

I think what happened (key word: think)

is that the remaining amount was offered in Previews. Leach signed them all and they were offered as such. Obviously the majority of the variant must have been offered through Previews. My guess is somewhere in the 300+ issues offered range, as it appears plentiful with the signature, and hey...why 2 colors unless one was running dry..huh huh...which could mean a ton of books signed...

I paid more than I wanted to for the unsigned version...$18, but less than cover for the signed copies I have. Go Figure. Either way, I can live with it...

I think between the 3 of us (now 4 of us shedoskj...welcome!) we are gobbling everything up, but I still stray from MH Website for copies...don't want to give them any thoughts that this book is HOT HOT HOT!!

Hey guys just a question since you all are big MM collector's too: Can anybody think of some other MM or MM related books worth adding to my collection? Here's what I have:

MM 1-24

MM 3-D

Apocrypha 1-3

MM Family 1,2

A1 Sketchbook (2 copies on the way in the mail as we speak)

I've heard that A1 #1 has a warpsmith story by Moore and that Neil Gaiman wrote a MM story in Total Eclipse #4. Any other books I should keep an eye out for?

Hey guys just a question since you all are big MM collector's too: Can anybody think of some other MM or MM related books worth adding to my collection? Here's what I have:

MM 1-24

MM 3-D

Apocrypha 1-3

MM Family 1,2

I've heard that A1 #1 has a warpsmith story by Moore and that Neil Gaiman wrote a MM story in Total Eclipse #4. Any other books I should keep an eye out for?

Miracleman was in Total Eclipse 1-3 too (I think at least...). You might want to get the X-men Archives: Captain Britain #2 too, since it reprints Daredevils #7 (which, along with the Marvel Superheroes issues, I would get too). If you want to get the McFarlane stuff, you could get the HellSpawn issues with Mike Moran in them, the Image 10th Anniversary Hardcover and Spawn #150 (both "Man of Miracles" references). I want to say I'm forgetting some stuff, so everybody else chime in if they think of anything - Keith

Okay, I'm interested but also a bit confused. Any clues on the best place to find the A1 Sketchbook with Miracleman? It looks like Mile High has them at $12. I've never seen one elsewhere.

MM 1-24

MM 3-D

Apocrypha 1-3

MM Family 1,2

That is a TIGHT collection already! Most people would kill to have that collection! I think you are set already!

The big time rare ones are the MM #1 signed by Moore and another version of #1 signed by 2 others (not remembering who at this point) both come with a COA and were released at the SDCC the year they were printed.

Warrior #1 is a must also...at least in my opinion!

Okay, I'm interested but also a bit confused. Any clues on the best place to find the A1 Sketchbook with Miracleman? It looks like Mile High has them at $12. I've never seen one elsewhere.

gossip.gif I have been unable to find any in online comic stores, but MH does list them on ebay for waaaaaaay cheaper, although they have not listed any in the past 2 weeks...not that I would buy anymore anyways cloud9.gifgossip.gif

and they are also signed versions...which appear much easier to get stateside (EwanUK, thoughts? )

I bought my sketchbooks from midtown comics. Originally it was on their website, but when I went to buy 2 copies it was listed as backordered. I figured there was no way they were gonna get me any copies. Well low and behold, they found 2 copies and I got them today. This book is sweet! I'm gonna take the better of the two and get it slabbed along with my MM #15 and MM #24, which are both in pristine condition.

I think the the sketchbook was born to be slabbed with that awesome front and back cover.

I bought my sketchbooks from midtown comics. Originally it was on their website, but when I went to buy 2 copies it was listed as backordered. I figured there was no way they were gonna get me any copies. Well low and behold, they found 2 copies and I got them today. This book is sweet! I'm gonna take the better of the two and get it slabbed along with my MM #15 and MM #24, which are both in pristine condition.

I think the the sketchbook was born to be slabbed with that awesome front and back cover.

I know - the book would look nice slabbed (especially after seeing the pics of EwanUK's 9.8). Were these issues signed? Does anybody know if CGC would give them a qualified grade if they are?

Anything not signed in front of a SS Witness, regardless of COA (even from Wizard or DF etc) would be qualified.

IF I can find anymore unsigned copies I am going to get at least one slabbed. When Ewan showed that one...I had to have my precious 27_laughing.gif

gossip.gif I have been unable to find any in online comic stores, but MH does list them on ebay for waaaaaaay cheaper, although they have not listed any in the past 2 weeks...not that I would buy anymore anyways cloud9.gifgossip.gif

and they are also signed versions...which appear much easier to get stateside (EwanUK, thoughts? )

I'm still confused. foreheadslap.gif Is this the regular version on Ebay http://search.ebay.com/a1-sketchbook_W0Q...2d1QQsofocusZbs with the Fabray cover? I guess I'm looking for the "variant" with the Leach cover. Is that right?

I'm still confused. foreheadslap.gif Is this the regular version on Ebay http://search.ebay.com/a1-sketchbook_W0Q...2d1QQsofocusZbs with the Fabray cover? I guess I'm looking for the "variant" with the Leach cover. Is that right?

Nope, its not that over (that's the regular one). The variant (here's a link - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...%3AIT&rd=1) has a sketch cover by Garry Leach. There are two versions of the variant, a signed version and an unsigned version, and it looks like the signed version is actually easier to get. I hope that answers what you needed - if not, we'll get a better answer to ya. - Keith