• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Hey guys just a question since you all are big MM collector's too: Can anybody think of some other MM or MM related books worth adding to my collection? Here's what I have:

MM 1-24

MM 3-D

Apocrypha 1-3

MM Family 1,2

A1 Sketchbook (2 copies on the way in the mail as we speak)

I've heard that A1 #1 has a warpsmith story by Moore and that Neil Gaiman wrote a MM story in Total Eclipse #4. Any other books I should keep an eye out for?

Guys

This is my Miracleman collection as it stands laugh.gif - not to boast - but it's pretty reflective of what exists out there (after a lot of research!) -

Eclipse Miracleman 1-24 (Copies bought as released, except 17 - including the UK variant of no.1 - has Dez Skinn Quality advert on back cover)

Eclipse Miracleman 1-6, 8, 10, 12-17, 20, 24 in CGC 9.0 to 9.8. (No.s 2, 13, 15, 16, 17 and 20 are highest census copies). I'm trying to get every copy graded above 9.0.

Atomeka A1 Sketchbook, Unsigned Leach cover CGC 9.8 x 2

Atomeka A1 no.1 1989, VF lovely Warpsmiths cover & story, under-rated

Atomeka A1 Sketchbook, MINT x 2, WS cover by Leach

Eclipse Miracleman TPBs Books 1-5. I don't have any of the Hard-backs or the US version of The Golden Age (there was a UK and US cover). VF to MINT (my Apoc is factory sealed still).

Eclipse Miracleman 3D, NM

Eclipse Miracleman 2D 893whatthe.gif - no, I haven't got a copy - this is the holy grail of all MM issues. Chris and I think less than 10 exist - see info earlier in this thread. Super-rare and impossible to identify!

Eclipse Apocrypha 1-3, NM

Eclipse Miracleman Family 1, 2 NM - getting scarce in high grade

Eclipse Total Eclipse 1-5 VF-NM - impossible in super high-grade. MM is on the cover of 2, 4 and 5. No.4 contains the 1st Gaiman MM - the 10 page, "The Screaming". Copies are on Mile High.

Eclipse Alex Pressbutton 2 NM, reprints Warpsmiths "Cold War, Cold Warrior"

Image Hellspawn 6 NM, Mike Moran cameo

Image Spawn / MM Litho - retailer incentive, NM, some were signed by McFarlane - quite common on ebay, great art I think

Image Spawn / MM figures, MINT, San Diego 2003

Image MM Statue, MINT, 2003, big version of the above, there's a copy of previews with this as a cover I remember

Bowen Designs, MM Statue - don't have this yet

Marvel UK - MSH 387 FN, 388 (not got), Daredevils 7 VF

Marvel X-Men Archives 2 and 4. Reprints the UK issues above. NM

Quality Warrior 1-26

Quality Marvelman Special

Quality MM, YM, KM badges from 1985

Eclipse "On Sale Here" Poster, cover to MM 1 and DNAgents no.1, VF

Eclipse Issue 2 cover poster

Eclipse Extra 16, 4 page promo with Beckum MM cover, NM

Eclipse MM Square Badge - Beckum art - see back cover of 5 (I think), MINT

Eclipse 10th Anniversary Poster, MINT

Eclipse MM T-shirt, MM logo on chest

Eclipse MM The Golden Age Postcard, 1993 San Diego con

Eclipse MM The Golden Age Coin - one on ebay now, MINT

Known Fanzines - don't have all of these by any means

Advanced Comics 57 - has MM 25 solicitation - rare!

Advanced Comics 64 - has MM Triumphant solicitation - rare!

Comics international 128 - MM cover & inside feature, FN

Comics International 147 - Warpsmiths cover by Leach, VF

Fantasy Express 5 - has Moore as MM cover by Alan Davis - rare!

Fusion 2 & 4 - have Kid Miracleman covers (I believe) rare!

Speakeasy - 50something - has original MM cover by Leach - rare, had this years ago but lost it tongue.gif

Speakeasy 68 - MM cover by Totleben - original sketch, NM - there is a least one copy on Mile High now - go get it!

Arken Sword 17/18 - has extensive Alan Davis interview - and a unique MM / Captain Britain half-page strip! Superb! VF

Amazing Heroes 85, NM, MM cover by Davis

Amazing Heroes 142, MM on cover, Eclipse 10th Anniversary

Foreign

Super Comics - Italian squarebound series reprinting Book 1 on high quality paper. I have no.20 so far. Still investigating this.

MM was also published by companies in Spain & Brazil.

There is also a French & Portuguese hard-cover versions of Book 1. The French one is quite common on ebay.

And that's everything I know of...

But... I haven't got any original art! frown.gif

Hey guys just a question since you all are big MM collector's too: Can anybody think of some other MM or MM related books worth adding to my collection? Here's what I have:

MM 1-24

MM 3-D

Apocrypha 1-3

MM Family 1,2

A1 Sketchbook (2 copies on the way in the mail as we speak)

I've heard that A1 #1 has a warpsmith story by Moore and that Neil Gaiman wrote a MM story in Total Eclipse #4. Any other books I should keep an eye out for?

That is a TIGHT collection already! Most people would kill to have that collection! I think you are set already!

The big time rare ones are the MM #1 signed by Moore and another version of #1 signed by 2 others (not remembering who at this point) both come with a COA and were released at the SDCC the year they were printed.

Warrior #1 is a must also...at least in my opinion!

Yes - forgot the Gold & Blue Editions! I have neither.

Okay, I'm interested but also a bit confused. Any clues on the best place to find the A1 Sketchbook with Miracleman? It looks like Mile High has them at $12. I've never seen one elsewhere.

gossip.gif I have been unable to find any in online comic stores, but MH does list them on ebay for waaaaaaay cheaper, although they have not listed any in the past 2 weeks...not that I would buy anymore anyways cloud9.gifgossip.gif

and they are also signed versions...which appear much easier to get stateside (EwanUK, thoughts? )

Yes mate, they were done for a US convention. I haven't seen any on sale in the UK. But as Atomeka is a UK company the unsigned ones are mostly here.

Actually it is part of a collection of Marvel UK items that have been sold to a collector in the UK, I thought I would post the cover since there wasn’t a scan online anywhere else. I do agree that of all the Moore Marvel UK books that MSH is the hardest to find, and all Moore UK books are hard to find in high grade.

I must say Ewan you have a great collection, but if using it as a list of Miracleman appearances and variants then shouldn’t Warrior’s #19 and #22 – 26 be excluded. All of them have V For Vendetta stories by Moore, but I don’t think there are any MM appearances.

Stan

Edited by 4colorheroes

I like the -script and pencil scans. I've seen them on eBay, but I keep waiting for a website to post some. The OA for the page you posted the pencil scan of went for $3600 on ebay a couple of months ago - a little too rich for my tastes.

I like the -script and pencil scans. I've seen them on eBay, but I keep waiting for a website to post some. The OA for the page you posted the pencil scan of went for $3600 on ebay a couple of months ago - a little too rich for my tastes.

The price they want for the -script and art scans on eBay is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I mean $250.00 for copies of the original pages is a bit much but original Moore scripts are hard to come by.

Does anyone here have any original Moore scripts?

Stan

4ColorHeroes

The price they want for the -script and art scans on eBay is a bit ridiculous in my opinion. I mean $250.00 for copies of the original pages is a bit much but original Moore scripts are hard to come by.

Does anyone here have any original Moore scripts?

Stan

4ColorHeroes

I don't have any. I agree with you though, $250 is way too much to pay for them. I've heard his stuff is super detailed - how's the MM#11?

I don't have any. I agree with you though, $250 is way too much to pay for them. I've heard his stuff is super detailed - how's the MM#11?

The Miracleman #11 -script is not nearly as detailed as some of his other scripts, like say Big Numbers #3 which is over 250 pages for a 48 page book.

The -script itself is 35 pages (over double what the printed story was) and does have some great bits in it. Like the fallowing sequence on page 3 panel 4, where Johnny Bates is being taunted by the other children.

panel_4.jpg

Good Stuff thumbsup2.gif

I bet I've got a signed version of the A1 Sketchbook nobody else has got smile.gif -

leachsigned1vt.jpg

My wife got me the original art for the cover and the back cover (the Miracleman and Bates pin-ups) for Christmas and they arrived today. She got them through Rufus Dayglo (one of Leach's buddies and a darn good artist in his own right!) and this was in the peackage when I opened it today smile.gif.