• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

I have a full run, minus the last two issues and #15... just wondering if #15 being reprinted has affected the value/sales of the original release? With the Neil Gaiman issues currently being reprinted, will that affect the value of those original last couple of issues with the low print run, in whoever's educated opinion?

..... there will always be a market for the genuine artifact. I don't actively collect CA slabs..... but I recently snagged a CGC 9.6 copy of MM 15 and I really love it. The book oozes with "street cred" and I love any and all Moore/Totleben stuff. It set me back almost 200 bucks..... and I'm really a GA and SA collector. Cool is Cool...... sometimes you just have to say " eff the concensus...." GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I have a full run, minus the last two issues and #15... just wondering if #15 being reprinted has affected the value/sales of the original release? With the Neil Gaiman issues currently being reprinted, will that affect the value of those original last couple of issues with the low print run, in whoever's educated opinion?

..... there will always be a market for the genuine artifact. I don't actively collect CA slabs..... but I recently snagged a CGC 9.6 copy of MM 15 and I really love it. The book oozes with "street cred" and I love any and all Moore/Totleben stuff. It set me back almost 200 bucks..... and I'm really a GA and SA collector. Cool is Cool...... sometimes you just have to say " eff the concensus...." GOD BLESS....

What's the consensus on this book/series? I for one, love this series. It's an amazing dark tale with incredible art that managed to influence many comics that aspired to deconstruct the super hero. Issue no.15 - the epic battle with the Warpsmiths, Firedrake, Miracleman, Miraclewoman, and of course Kid Miracleman is a fight no one should miss!

What's the consensus on this book/series? I for one, love this series. It's an amazing dark tale with incredible art that managed to influence many comics that aspired to deconstruct the super hero. Issue no.15 - the epic battle with the Warpsmiths, Firedrake, Miracleman, Miraclewoman, and of course Kid Miracleman is a fight no one should miss!

I'm really unsure about consensus and probably could have worded my post better. The spirit I intended was one of just buying that book you love regardless of it's "hotness" (or not...) in the market. Personally, I would insist on having the 15 in my run.... it's just kind of naked without it. With this book, Moore kind of said, "let me show you what you CAN do in a comic...." ...and things were never really the same again. GOD BLESS....

..... Count, I'm so glad you chose to stay with the boards.... I've really come to enjoy your contributions.

I think the significance of Moore's contributions kind of gets lost in the sheer volume of exceptional material that was coming out in the CA. It really was something of a trendsetter (MM 15)...... It kind of raised the bar and opened the doors for stuff like Sandman, Walking Dead, Faust, etc..... GOD BLESS...

4Pobmfs.jpg

zYYcxi1.jpg

lB3TJsD.jpg

Very nice Count, I need to get a couple more Moore Fanzines

Some of these look strangely familiar (?) :)

Ha, I'd guess at least 80% of Alan Moore/MiracleMan related fanzines on the market came through you. I'm still thrilled I got your Fe#5 awhile back. Wish I could meet Mr. Moore and have him sign it.

Anyone know why Marvel released issue #1, 2 and 3 at two week intervals, but issue 4 is 1 month? And will the rest of the series be 1 month or 2 week release dates?

perhaps it's a tribute to the original Eclipse release schedule - 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 16 months, 23 years etc ;)

4Pobmfs.jpg

zYYcxi1.jpg

lB3TJsD.jpg

Very nice Count, I need to get a couple more Moore Fanzines

Some of these look strangely familiar (?) :)

Ha, I'd guess at least 80% of Alan Moore/MiracleMan related fanzines on the market came through you. I'm still thrilled I got your Fe#5 awhile back. Wish I could meet Mr. Moore and have him sign it.

:) many thanks

I've actually got my 2nd copies of MSH 387 & 388, SE 52, SE 68 & Warrior 1 ready for ebay on Sunday

the Warrior no.1 is NM- about as good as you can get them

I received this along with several Warrior magazines that I ordered from Quality comics in the UK. I was emailing Dez Skinn about shipping costs to the US and told him that with this order, I will have collected all the Warrior magazines. He said congrats and that he would include something special along with the Warriors. Here is what I got: a Miracleman #1 UK edition signed by Dez

Miracleman%201%20UK%20Signed%20Dez%20Skinn%201_zps2prumjrs.jpg

Miracleman%201%20UK%20Signed%20Dez%20Skinn%202_zpssc1ckaym.jpg