• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Miracleman
5 5

919 posts in this topic

Unfortunately....I wished Marvel leaves Spider-man unmolested too! Too many books are overpriced.

I noticed on amazon with the pre order of the reprints moore's name is not even listed, it says "original writer".

will he not allow his name on it at all?

Correct. From what I understand Moore didn't want his name anywhere on the reprints. I'm guessing he didn't want MARVEL to make money off his name.

Have been having a lengthy Miracleman vacation (mostly brought on by a sulk about multiple Marvel covers) but predictably I'm now back...

I understand we're on no.6 now? I see on ebay there appear to be at least 4 or 5 different covers to each issue - plus some convention specials?

Does anyone know what each of them are please? and what the "ratio's" are?

And why are there so few graded copies?

Has it sold well? All the back issues seem to have sold out at my LCS.

Back on the original run, are there any new 9.9s? There were previously no.12, no.15 and no.17 ?

thanks guys - new fanzine finds coming soon :)

Have been having a lengthy Miracleman vacation (mostly brought on by a sulk about multiple Marvel covers) but predictably I'm now back...

I understand we're on no.6 now? I see on ebay there appear to be at least 4 or 5 different covers to each issue - plus some convention specials?

Does anyone know what each of them are please? and what the "ratio's" are?

And why are there so few graded copies?

Has it sold well? All the back issues seem to have sold out at my LCS.

Back on the original run, are there any new 9.9s? There were previously no.12, no.15 and no.17 ?

thanks guys - new fanzine finds coming soon :)

Hi Ewan, hope you are well.

I have only bought the #1 Buckingham cover so far in CGC 9.8 s/s; I've not been that interested in getting any more from the Marvel reprints so far. I was hoping your avatar would be considered for a cover:

MiraclemanAshleyWood.jpg

From the Eclipse series there are still only four 9.9's: #12, #15, #15 and #17 with only two in registry sets. All quiet on the registry front with mschmidt still in total domination with the top two sets.

I know it's off-topic, but I've got this page from the criminally unreleased Miracleman Triumphant for sale/trade. Pencils by Mike Deodato. If interested, feel free to PM or drop me a line at veronesepk@gmail.com. - Keith

6rouxi.jpg

Popped the Miracleman Triumphant original art on eBay - here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201100792696

Totally cool piece that got me thinking.

What are the chances of this and the unfinished #25 from the regular series ever seeing print once the reprints are done?

I think it's definitely going to happen. I'm not sure if it they are going to use the art that was done in the early 90s for issue 25, but I bet Buckingham/Gaiman are going to pick up with issue 25.

Popped the Miracleman Triumphant original art on eBay - here's the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201100792696

Totally cool piece that got me thinking.

What are the chances of this and the unfinished #25 from the regular series ever seeing print once the reprints are done?

I think it's definitely going to happen. I'm not sure if it they are going to use the art that was done in the early 90s for issue 25, but I bet Buckingham/Gaiman are going to pick up with issue 25.

Good to here and seems like I already knew that.

Did Buckingham retain the art for #25 or has it been scattered?

Just picked up the new Book 1 TPB. 20% discount at the Special Edition NYC Comic Com, through Midtown Comics. Flipped through then looked at the back cover and noticed they used my Warrior #2 cover art for the back cover of the book! A nice little treat for me!

Agree, a little thing for the money. But then again we used to pay a lot less for a lot more back in the day. In fact those old 10 cent comics have as much or more than the comics of today in them, and today's price is quite a bit higher. That's quite a markup for glossy pages and a wider color palette!

Hari

Just saw the latest circulation numbers. Unfortunately, the print run has been falling steadily. I still maintain that Marvel's goal from the outset should have been to get the book into as many hands as possible. Instead, the first issue came with a $5.99 (or was it $6.99?) price tag. A non-starter. Now the first HC collection comes out for $30. It's thin, only 4-5 issues worth of material. Another non-starter.

Seems like Marvel only thought to serve the nostalgia market, which would be totally backwards. They don't need the revenue from a 20K print run. Better to treat the early issues/trades as a loss leader. The $9.99 volume 1 TPB model now heavily used by Image is the way to go. Marvel can afford it; the key is to give as much exposure to the property as possible. Feels like they've choked the potential with a short-sighted strategy.

Still not too late, though. Hope they figure it out.

Just saw the latest circulation numbers. Unfortunately, the print run has been falling steadily. I still maintain that Marvel's goal from the outset should have been to get the book into as many hands as possible. Instead, the first issue came with a $5.99 (or was it $6.99?) price tag. A non-starter. Now the first HC collection comes out for $30. It's thin, only 4-5 issues worth of material. Another non-starter.

Seems like Marvel only thought to serve the nostalgia market, which would be totally backwards. They don't need the revenue from a 20K print run. Better to treat the early issues/trades as a loss leader. The $9.99 volume 1 TPB model now heavily used by Image is the way to go. Marvel can afford it; the key is to give as much exposure to the property as possible. Feels like they've choked the potential with a short-sighted strategy.

Still not too late, though. Hope they figure it out.

I agree 100%.

They went about this in a totally wrong manner.

Hell,

My preference would have been 4 "updated" trades (or more if they want to split it up better).

Then start releasing the new issues. People would go bonkers. Maybe have started the reprints with 23 & 24 to give people a refresher, the entire story, and not have to wait an eternity.

Patrick