• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Shipping Restrictions???
2 2

166 posts in this topic

I submit to CGC regularly and this is a first.  Since Friday when I was notified my CGC shipment had shipped via FedEx I have been trying to have it redirected to the FedEx location a few miles from my home.  When I get to the final stage of the request it just keeps spinning, no error or notice of any kind. 

I assume FedEx is having a software problem so I wait until Monday and try again, get a little further but still no luck.

Delivery is attempted today but no one is home so I try the automated voice assistant to have the package held.  Again no luck. 

I get an agent on the phone who says CGC put a note on this delivery that it can only be delivered to my home.  This makes no sense so I ask for a supervisor who claims the same.

I just call CGC and I am told there are new shipping restrictions that eliminate packages from being redirected.  When I asked why I was told for security reasons.  I asked if this was just for FedEx and the answer was for all carriers.  When I asked why customers weren't notified they didn't have an answer.

This is wonderful.  So now I have a FedEx package that is in limbo and unless my wife or I take a day off from work cant be delivered and will be returned (hopefully to CGC).  So in other words the likelihood of my sub being lost has gone up exponentially.

Thanks CGC!

I tried to do this myself over the weekend and couldn't get it redirected either. Now I know why. It's dumb that CGC is doing this. Only the recipients are having packages redirected, so I'm not sure how this service is any less secure for CGC.

I will add that I ALWAYS have my Fedex packages from CGC redirected. I do this for two reasons. 1) I don't want to sit around all day waiting for the delivery only to miss it if I'm on a call or in the shower when the package arrives and 2) there is a less likely chance that the package will be misdelivered if I have sent to a FedEx location rather than my home.  Maybe if enough customers complain CGC will walk back this new "policy."

Edited by MadGenius

1 minute ago, MadGenius said:

I will add that I ALWAYS have my Fedex packages from CGC redirected. I do this for two reasons. 1) I don't want to sit around all day waiting for the delivery only to miss it if I'm on a call or in the shower when the package arrives and 2) there is a less likely chance that the package will be misdelivered if I have sent to a FedEx location rather than my home. 

Same for me - each and every time I have had them held at FedEx and it was perfect with no inconvenience whatsoever.

38 minutes ago, MadGenius said:

I will add that I ALWAYS have my Fedex packages from CGC redirected. I do this for two reasons. 1) I don't want to sit around all day waiting for the delivery only to miss it if I'm on a call or in the shower when the package arrives and 2) there is a less likely chance that the package will be misdelivered if I have sent to a FedEx location rather than my home.  Maybe if enough customers complain CGC will walk back this new "policy."

There is a difference between redirecting and scheduling delivery to FedEx location.  I have all my invoices sent to local FedEX office. Just put address on CGC paperwork as

(insert your name)
c/o FedEx
(insert FedEx address here)

You are still the only one that can sign for it unless you note someone else on the paperwork.

Easy peasy.

38 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

There is a difference between redirecting and scheduling delivery to FedEx location.  I have all my invoices sent to local FedEX office. Just put address on CGC paperwork as

(insert your name)
c/o FedEx

You are still the only one that can sign for it unless you note someone else on the paperwork.

Easy peasy.

All good, but I can usually receive my packages at home, and would rather not have to go to the FedEx location every time I have a package coming, but have, and would still like to be able to redirect packages when I need to. You have to have a photo ID when you pick them up at a location. Heck it's probably more secure that way. There could be any old, pale, skinny dude from Woburn standing in my drive way ready to scribble for a package and steal my goodies.

18 minutes ago, MCMiles said:

All good, but I can usually receive my packages at home, and would rather not have to go to the FedEx location every time I have a package coming, but have, and would still like to be able to redirect packages when I need to. You have to have a photo ID when you pick them up at a location. Heck it's probably more secure that way. There could be any old, pale, skinny dude from Woburn standing in my drive way ready to scribble for a package and steal my goodies.

Which FedEx office?  You know, just in case some old, pale, skinny dude from Woburn is in the area.

Well this is troubling, because I have to have all of my FedEx and UPS shipments redirected and held for shipment, as I am never, ever home when they attempt to deliver. Makes no sense.

If you disagree with this recent change to CGC shipping policies, I encourage you to make your voices heard. Please email CGC to let them know you do not want them to place delivery restrictions on your shipments. Feel free to use the template below to voice your concerns.

"Hello,

I have recently been made aware of delivery restrictions that CGC has placed on shipments going through Fed Ex and other carriers. These restrictions are preventing recipients from having packages redirected and held at local carrier facilities (i.e. local Fed Ex Office locations) and will greatly inconvenience your customer base. Fed Ex and other carriers allow packages to be redirected in this manner for the convenience of both the recipient and the carrier. This service allows the recipient to pick up packages on their timetable rather than having to be at home to receive their package. This service also eliminates repeated unsuccessful delivery attempts by the carrier which drastically reduces the chances of a package getting lost or being returned to sender. As many of your customers work during the day, it is not always possible for them to be at home to receive a delivery. And even when they are at home, there is no guarantee they will be available at the exact time the carrier attempts to deliver the package. Many of us rely on having our packages held at local carrier facilities for both convenience and security and CGC’s recent change to restrict delivery to the recipient’s home only will do more harm than good.  If there are security concerns on the part of CGC, please be aware that the recipient is required to show photo ID at the carrier facility before they are allowed to take possession of the package.There is no downside to the utilization of the delivery customization services offered by the carriers.

I encourage CGC to reconsider this recent policy change and allow your customers to have their packages held at local carrier facilities for convenient pickup. Keeping this restriction in place will not only greatly inconvenience your customers and the carriers you partner with, but it will also have the unintended consequence of increased incidents of shipments being lost or returned to sender.

Thank you for your consideration."
Edited by MadGenius

21 hours ago, GACollectibles said:

(insert your name)
c/o FedEx

Easy peasy.

Show off 

Just now, Pirate said:

Hmm can't see how they can control my own personal account.  

They can.

Before I started getting packages rerouted, I inquired about having the "signature required" removed as a couple of times FedEx claims they tried to deliver ( when I was home ) but no one answered the door. I was told by FedEx that CGC noted to them that a signature was required and even though it was my account they couldn't change that and I would have to get CGC to do so.

CGC response:

"Yes, we are no longer permitted to re-direct a package once it ships out.  We can change an address prior to it shipping but not once it leaves our building.  If you would like to provide a different address now we can change that or if you're not sure you will be here or not, we could put a note to contact you before we ship it out.  Just let me know what you prefer."

2 hours ago, MadGenius said:

If you disagree with this recent change to CGC shipping policies, I encourage you to make your voices heard. Please email CGC to let them know you do not want them to place delivery restrictions on your shipments. Feel free to use the template below to voice your concerns.

"Hello,

I have recently been made aware of delivery restrictions that CGC has placed on shipments going through Fed Ex and other carriers. These restrictions are preventing recipients from having packages redirected and held at local carrier facilities (i.e. local Fed Ex Office locations) and will greatly inconvenience your customer base. Fed Ex and other carriers allow packages to be redirected in this manner for the convenience of both the recipient and the carrier. This service allows the recipient to pick up packages on their timetable rather than having to be at home to receive their package. This service also eliminates repeated unsuccessful delivery attempts by the carrier which drastically reduces the chances of a package getting lost or being returned to sender. As many of your customers work during the day, it is not always possible for them to be at home to receive a delivery. And even when they are at home, there is no guarantee they will be available at the exact time the carrier attempts to deliver the package. Many of us rely on having our packages held at local carrier facilities for both convenience and security and CGC’s recent change to restrict delivery to the recipient’s home only will do more harm than good.  If there are security concerns on the part of CGC, please be aware that the recipient is required to show photo ID at the carrier facility before they are allowed to take possession of the package.There is no downside to the utilization of the delivery customization services offered by the carriers.

I encourage CGC to reconsider this recent policy change and allow your customers to have their packages held at local carrier facilities for convenient pickup. Keeping this restriction in place will not only greatly inconvenience your customers and the carriers you partner with, but it will also have the unintended consequence of increased incidents of shipments being lost or returned to sender.

Thank you for your consideration."

If receiving the deliveries at home is not likely to happen anyways why not just change delivery address to FedEx station as I mentioned above?

13 minutes ago, I like pie said:

CGC response:

"Yes, we are no longer permitted to re-direct a package once it ships out.  We can change an address prior to it shipping but not once it leaves our building.  If you would like to provide a different address now we can change that or if you're not sure you will be here or not, we could put a note to contact you before we ship it out.  Just let me know what you prefer."

I got a similar response. Nobody is asking CGC to change anything. We are asking the carrier (Fed Ex, UPS, etc.) to hold the package until we can pick it up rather than attempting to deliver it when we're not going to be at home to sign for it. My response from CGC indicated this was for the "security of the package." Yet, they also say they can change the shipping address prior to it being shipped out. How is that process more safe than the recipient redirecting to a carrier facility for holding? Couldn't anyone with the submitters account number and invoice number have the shipping address changed from what's on the form? Doesn't make sense.