• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Shipping Restrictions???
2 2

166 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NP_Gresham said:

Absoloutly false

The purchased item is not the purchasers responsibility until it is in the possetion of the buyer

Insurance is purchased by the sender.

CGCs form specifically says “ship under my self insured fedex account”

Called and talked to CGC, morning they can do to redirect either, their answer is to hope they don’t sign for it and keep it and then fedex sends it back.  

Again, I know this is my fault, but this use to have such a easy fix available.  

2 hours ago, NP_Gresham said:

Absoloutly false

The purchased item is not the purchasers responsibility until it is in the possetion of the buyer

Insurance is purchased by the sender.

The sender being CGC? Or the submitter?

Because CGC doesn't insure packages once they leave their possession. That onus is on you.

This is a few years old at this point, but did anyone ever get resolution on how to work with this?  I'm struggling to get books that paid to have graded. 

FedEx doesn't have weekend deliveries and I'm not home during the day throughout the week.  My wife has been traveling for work so she hasn't been home during the day.  During one of her few days home, she was out for 15 minutes picking up a prescription for our kid when FedEx driver knocked on the door.  Now she's out of town for another two weeks. 

So I can't have them held at a FedEx facility for pickup and they won't leave the boxes at the door.  I'm not really sure what my options are, but I'm slowly coming to the realization that I will eventually have to pay double shipping for these two packages in order to get them many weeks after they were originally supposed to arrive. 

Anyone know of any ways to get CGC to be at least a little flexible in their policy? 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:09 PM, Turtle said:

This is a few years old at this point, but did anyone ever get resolution on how to work with this?  I'm struggling to get books that paid to have graded. 

FedEx doesn't have weekend deliveries and I'm not home during the day throughout the week.  My wife has been traveling for work so she hasn't been home during the day.  During one of her few days home, she was out for 15 minutes picking up a prescription for our kid when FedEx driver knocked on the door.  Now she's out of town for another two weeks. 

So I can't have them held at a FedEx facility for pickup and they won't leave the boxes at the door.  I'm not really sure what my options are, but I'm slowly coming to the realization that I will eventually have to pay double shipping for these two packages in order to get them many weeks after they were originally supposed to arrive. 

Anyone know of any ways to get CGC to be at least a little flexible in their policy? 

I'd say maybe contact CGC and see if they can allow them to be dropped off to a FedEx location.