• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Shipping Restrictions???
2 2

166 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

If receiving the deliveries at home is not likely to happen anyways why not just change delivery address to FedEx station as I mentioned above?

The problem with this is, with the current TATS, I have to provide this information up to 3 months in advance. Unlikely, but what if my local Fed Ex office store goes out of business during that time and I'm not aware of it? Then my shipment is held up and (maybe) gets to returned to CGC if I'm lucky. 

1 minute ago, MadGenius said:

The problem with this is, with the current TATS, I have to provide this information up to 3 months in advance. Unlikely, but what if my local Fed Ex office store goes out of business during that time and I'm not aware of it? Then my shipment is held up and (maybe) gets to returned to CGC if I'm lucky. 

It's a very manageable situation. Email Customer Service with invoice number and change of delivery address at ANY time during the process(except after it ships). 

Easy peasy.

And keep an eye on the status of the FedEx office :baiting:

Thankfully, for some reason, FedEx just redirected my package to the location that I wanted to pick my package from today after they missed the delivery.

Looks like I just can't request it in advance but since FedEx always does it the same day, I won't have the need to request it.

Let's hope my next few subs are the same.

4 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

It's a very manageable situation. Email Customer Service with invoice number and change of delivery address at ANY time during the process(except after it ships). 

Easy peasy.

And keep an eye on the status of the FedEx office :baiting:

But what problem is CGC solving by making this restriction? Delivery to a FedEx location is an option that is more convenient for their customers and at least as secure (if not moreso) than home delivery. So what is this accomplishing?

9 minutes ago, mysterio said:

But what problem is CGC solving by making this restriction? Delivery to a FedEx location is an option that is more convenient for their customers and at least as secure (if not moreso) than home delivery. So what is this accomplishing?

1) I don't know, maybe it's a liability issue. Usually the answer to "why?" is money.

2) If it is more convenient and at least/more secure then why wouldn't you just change the delivery address to FedEx station?

3) What it is accomplishing is your text that I bolded, it may turn what looks like an inconvenience into a better situation.

Regarding a delivery that is in transit, it has been stated in this thread that a delivery may not be redirected- has anyone tried to have a package held for pickup from FedEx hub?

I used to do this at the local hub if I missed the first or second delivery attempt, I called FedEx and they would pull package off the truck when it returned and hold at hub for me to come and get.  I had to show ID to get the packages so it was just as safe, especially if I knew I would not be around for the third attempt.

20 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Regarding a delivery that is in transit, it has been stated in this thread that a delivery may not be redirected- has anyone tried to have a package held for pickup from FedEx hub?

I used to do this at the local hub if I missed the first or second delivery attempt, I called FedEx and they would pull package off the truck when it returned and hold at hub for me to come and get.  I had to show ID to get the packages so it was just as safe, especially if I knew I would not be around for the third attempt.

FedEx just makes one attempt with CGC packages in my parts.

In the past, unless you request it, it would just be held at the main hub.

I then requested that it be held at a FedEx Office but after they all closed in Canada, they automatically directed it to an authorized ship location that is two blocks from where I live so it was even more convenient.

I normally just allow them to miss delivery and then have it automatically redirected.

6 minutes ago, greggy said:

FedEx just makes one attempt with CGC packages in my parts.

In the past, unless you request it, it would just be held at the main hub.

I then requested that it be held at a FedEx Office but after they all closed in Canada, they automatically directed it to an authorized ship location that is two blocks from where I live so it was even more convenient.

I normally just allow them to miss delivery and then have it automatically redirected.

Yeah, but it's all junk anyways.

I'm not a lawyer, but doesn't CGC's liability end once they ship to the address on the submission form? Once the shipment is accepted by the carrier, wouldn't the carrier then assume liability for anything that goes wrong? And wouldn't there be more liability on CGC's end if they ship to a different address than what is on the submission form because the "customer" called or emailed to request a change? This entire policy doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

43 minutes ago, GACollectibles said:

Yeah, but it's all junk anyways.

But you don't ship my orders via FedEx

1 hour ago, GACollectibles said:

I was able to do this yesterday but only after asking for a FedEx supervisor.  It was one of the biggest s shows I have ever been involved in.  First it was a half hour drive.  Then Security had to call in my tracking number and you waited for them to walk it out.  I was told the walk was like an eight of a mile.  He comes out the first time with no package and says the trucks not there.  I explain the supervisor said the package was there and being held and that I drive 30 minutes for it.  He goes back.  Again he comes back with no package and says the trucks there but it’s not unloaded.  I say I’m not dealing with this agin tomorrow.  He says I’ll unload the truck.  He comes back a third time saying they unloaded the truck and no package.  So does that mean it’s lost?  Before he can answer the phone rings saying they found it.  Another guy walks it out.  I Was there over an hour.

On 7/24/2018 at 4:02 PM, GACollectibles said:

There is a difference between redirecting and scheduling delivery to FedEx location.  I have all my invoices sent to local FedEX office. Just put address on CGC paperwork as

(insert your name)
c/o FedEx
(insert FedEx address here)

You are still the only one that can sign for it unless you note someone else on the paperwork.

Easy peasy.

I'm doing this from now on and I appreciate the suggestion. :applause:

2 hours ago, pjray55 said:
4 hours ago, GACollectibles said:

I was able to do this yesterday but only after asking for a FedEx supervisor.  It was one of the biggest s shows I have ever been involved in.  First it was a half hour drive.  Then Security had to call in my tracking number and you waited for them to walk it out.  I was told the walk was like an eight of a mile.  He comes out the first time with no package and says the trucks not there.  I explain the supervisor said the package was there and being held and that I drive 30 minutes for it.  He goes back.  Again he comes back with no package and says the trucks there but it’s not unloaded.  I say I’m not dealing with this agin tomorrow.  He says I’ll unload the truck.  He comes back a third time saying they unloaded the truck and no package.  So does that mean it’s lost?  Before he can answer the phone rings saying they found it.  Another guy walks it out.  I Was there over an hour.

I would say your mileage using this method may vary depending on where you are and how helpful FedEx is, for me I've had no hassle "hold for pickups" except for the time I got sent to the wrong hub. So hopefully you would only have to use this method as a backup plan, and waiting an hour is better than your books getting sent back to CGC. 

But now you know what can be done to avoid this situation(changing ship to address), it should be smoother from here on out.

7 hours ago, MadGenius said:

I got a similar response. Nobody is asking CGC to change anything. We are asking the carrier (Fed Ex, UPS, etc.) to hold the package until we can pick it up rather than attempting to deliver it when we're not going to be at home to sign for it. My response from CGC indicated this was for the "security of the package." Yet, they also say they can change the shipping address prior to it being shipped out. How is that process more safe than the recipient redirecting to a carrier facility for holding? Couldn't anyone with the submitters account number and invoice number have the shipping address changed from what's on the form? Doesn't make sense.

My CGC  books came UPS today?

Seems odd to fix a problem where none seems to exist.  It would be nice to know what security threat they are addressing with this change.

Also odd to make a change to a long standing policy without informing your clients.  Perhaps they should have a thread on the boards for announcing changes.  Maybe something on the main page here in Comics General.  They could put it at the top of the page and call it “CGC Announcements.”

Oh, wait.

17 hours ago, MadGenius said:

I got a similar response. Nobody is asking CGC to change anything. We are asking the carrier (Fed Ex, UPS, etc.) to hold the package until we can pick it up rather than attempting to deliver it when we're not going to be at home to sign for it. My response from CGC indicated this was for the "security of the package." Yet, they also say they can change the shipping address prior to it being shipped out. How is that process more safe than the recipient redirecting to a carrier facility for holding? Couldn't anyone with the submitters account number and invoice number have the shipping address changed from what's on the form? Doesn't make sense.

I find that typically the people in charge of making these decisions have very little idea why they're making them.  

30 minutes ago, walclark said:

Seems odd to fix a problem where none seems to exist.  It would be nice to know what security threat they are addressing with this change.

Also odd to make a change to a long standing policy without informing your clients.  Perhaps they should have a thread on the boards for announcing changes.  Maybe something on the main page here in Comics General.  They could put it at the top of the page and call it “CGC Announcements.”

Oh, wait.

Or heaven forbid, actually do a little research with their customer base before making these decisions.  But that seems a little too crazy to me.