• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New CGC Shipping Restrictions???
2 2

166 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, brian's comics said:

The problem is definitely caused by very poor service from the shippers. I have had nothing but problems with both FedEx and UPS. It would be nice if one of the following could be done =>

1) if CGC expanded to more cities (franchise?) so I could drop of my comics locally and pick up locally. This would get rid of the shipping problem, provide faster service, and save me time and money and aggravation.

2) if CGC opened hubs where you could drop off you books and pick them up when finished. CGC could have its own trucks picking up and dropping off. Then they could charge a shipping fee and keep the money themselves.  

I think CGC should open up next door to my home so I never have to leave. I can just hand my books out the window and their staff can hand them back to me when they're done. Easy peasy.

19 hours ago, MadGenius said:
21 hours ago, brian's comics said:

I tied to have my package held and was told by FedEx that the carrier (CGC) put shipping restrictions, so it cannot be redirected or held. It must be delivered to the address on the package and signed. FedEx told me to contact the shipper (CGC) and they can modify the instructions.

So I called CGC and they said that they will not (company policy) modify the shipping once shipped. So now I have to take the day off just to sign for the package.

CGC told me that they had problems with packages being redirected, then picked up by someone other than the owner (since it seems anyone can sign, no ID required ... hummm).

No good solution here. Stuck taking the day off to get my package. In the future I will have them sent to work where someone is there that can sign for them.

Why is this CGC's problem? That's on Fed Ex. CGC's liability for your order ends when they hand it off to the carrier. If the carrier messes up, your package gets lost or stolen that's between you and the carrier.

Also, if the carrier can't be trusted to let just anyone pick up a package without ID, then why should we trust them to deliver to the correct address and/or obtain a signature? Also, why is it okay to have the package shipped to the carrier facility (i.e. Fed Ex Office) directly. Doesn't this offer the same "danger" that CGC is trying to avoid?

It's definitely sounding like it's a carrier issue.

Laziness, rushing, apathy causing carriers to deliver packages to people without checking ID is a problem and CGC changing their policy to protect themselves puts the burden on the customer.

This sort of thing should be taken up with Fed Ex directly to get their carriers to follow protocol.

It's a serious problem that I bet doesn't only happen in comics.

And while we're at it, please get rid of the new boxes, and bring back the old, double wall boxes. Raise the price to whatever needs to cover it. These boxes are causing books and slabs to be damaged, and you can't use those boxes to ship back to you. Not being able to ship back to you = fewer subs.

I have a cheaper test run ten book submission I will be shipping off tomorrow with the return address being my local Fedex. I hope this works because if it doesn't I'm not sure if I can keep submitting books because no one will be at home that can sign for them.

Luckily Comiclink still allows the customer to dictate how they would like their own books to be shipped. Just rerouted my latest wins to my local FedEx office for pickup, where I’ll be required to show a photo ID to get them at my convenience. 

Edited by mysterio

It cannot be overstated how ridiculous this new policy is.

Take a look at what I just pulled off FedEx's own website (https://smallbusiness.fedex.com/hold-for-pickup.html). Yeah, this is where FedEx itself is telling small business shippers how awesome it is for them and their customers to use the redirect/hold at FedEx options. CONVENIENCE! SAFETY! SECURITY! ID REQUIRED! PEACE OF MIND! SENSITIVE ITEMS THAT ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO OUTSIDE CONDITIONS!

Sounds damn near perfect for shipping valuable collectibles. :frustrated:

image.png.49f52df480bedc0e6d9fc53e36659fb1.png

Edited by EC ed

On 8/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, EC ed said:

Take a look at what I just pulled off FedEx's own website (https://smallbusiness.fedex.com/hold-for-pickup.html). Yeah, this is where FedEx itself is telling small business shippers how awesome it is for them and their customers to use the redirect/hold at FedEx options. CONVENIENCE! SAFETY! SECURITY! ID REQUIRED! PEACE OF MIND! SENSITIVE ITEMS THAT ARE SUSCEPTIBLE TO OUTSIDE CONDITIONS!

Quoting this is worth a bump back to page 1.

On 8/11/2018 at 3:30 PM, mysterio said:

Quoting this is worth a bump back to page 1.

It sure is. :bump:

On 8/9/2018 at 2:34 PM, EC ed said:

I renewed my membership yesterday and updated shipping address to my local fedex location. Unfortunately, I already have a batch with CGC that's slated for return to my residence. Sorry if this has been mentioned, but can I change the destination for those books as well? If yes, just give CGC a call or can that be done online?

27 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I renewed my membership yesterday and updated shipping address to my local fedex location. Unfortunately, I already have a batch with CGC that's slated for return to my residence. Sorry if this has been mentioned, but can I change the destination for those books as well? If yes, just give CGC a call or can that be done online?

You can call them to change the shipping address. I think that's the only way.

3 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Call them and they will send you an email (they require it over email to have documentation) requesting the change and you need to reply with the invoice number and the new address

19 minutes ago, pjray55 said:

Call them and they will send you an email (they require it over email to have documentation) requesting the change and you need to reply with the invoice number and the new address

Thanks. This is how it went down. Easy enough...spoke to Rachel and she was great. Account information updated on my end for future submissions, and books in-process are fixed with a simple e-mail (hopefully).

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:53 PM, buttock said:

I've always had to show my ID when I redirect a FedEx package.  Not sure what problem this solves.  

100% agree.

If ID's weren't being checked before handing over packages, CGC's issue is with the carrier.  I'm not sure why customers are getting hit with restrictions. 

Well, this is rather annoying, and I know this is my fault, but I would have been able to fix this previously.  I transposed two digits in my address and now I can’t reroute my package that’s to be delivered tomorrow. Thanks for the extra security CGC.  

Edited by Gsims718

On 8/7/2018 at 6:00 PM, MadGenius said:

Why is this CGC's problem? That's on Fed Ex. CGC's liability for your order ends when they hand it off to the carrier. If the carrier messes up, your package gets lost or stolen that's between you and the carrier.

Absoloutly false

The purchased item is not the purchasers responsibility until it is in the possetion of the buyer

Insurance is purchased by the sender.

21 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

Absoloutly false

The purchased item is not the purchasers responsibility until it is in the possetion of the buyer

Insurance is purchased by the sender.

Is it? I ship under my personal Fedex account number, so CGC isn't actually paying for anything in terms of shipping or insurance in that scenario.