• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2020 at 5:47 AM, Hollywood1892 said:

Glad you finally saw it

We cancelled our Crave/HBO package around the same time we canceled our sportsnet package, so season 2 might be off the books for us too.

We've actually been binge watching alot of shows and right now are watching the 100.

But when it comes to Star Trek in general, I felt it was an ever evolving universe and I looked forward to it continuing...in the case of Picard I'm not 100% sold. Yes great show, don't get me wrong, but it's creative originality was not there for me (alot of James Cameron overtones) and that's the sad thing about movies and tv shows today, is a lack of authenticity and as your watching, it feels like deja vu.

You don't need Crave/HBO if you have the Space/scifi  channel or what ever they call it

Edited by Ares

WHOOPI GOLDBERG OPENS UP ABOUT JOINING STAR TREK: PICARD SEASON 2

Filming for Star Trek: Picard season 2 is slated to begin next month, and Whoopi Goldberg can’t wait to join the cast of the CBS All Access series on set.

In an interview with SFX Magazine to promote her ongoing CBS All Access miniseries The Stand, Goldberg briefly discussed how Star Trek was her entry into genre fiction and looked back how thrilled she was when she landed the role of Guinan in Star Trek: The Next Generation.

When asked if she’s watching Star Trek: Discovery, Goldberg brought up Star Trek: Picard and shared how excited she is to be joining the Patrick Stewart-led series for its sophomore run.

“No, I haven’t seen [Discovery] – but I did watch the first season of Picard, which was great,” revealed the actress in the interview conducted in 2020. “From time to time, I talk to Patrick about Star Trek. Hopefully, I will be joining their cast for a little while next year. I’m very excited about that.”

During an appearance on The View last January, Stewart surprised Goldberg with a “formal invitation” to join the cast of Star Trek: Picard for its season 2. “I’m here with a formal invitation, and it’s for you, Whoopi,” the actor said. “Alex Kurtzman, who is the senior executive producer of Star Trek: Picard, and all his colleagues, of which I am one, want to invite you into the second season.”

Stewart’s offer elicited applause and cheers from the studio audience as Goldberg giggled in disbelief. Still shocked by what she heard, Goldberg stood up from her seat and gave Stewart a big hug. And when the actor begged her to “please say yes,” Goldberg did so with a smile.

In December, Star Trek: Picard star Jeri Ryan revealed that the show's second season would begin on February 1st. It seems things didn't go as plan. The actress who plays Seven of Nine confirmed via Twitter that production was delayed again but that cameras would start rolling "soon." The second season of the CBS All Access series previously faced delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic, pushing production back from 2020 into 2021. Star Trek: Picard is one of three live-action Star Trek shows ready to enter production in 2021, as franchise producer Alex Kurtzman confirmed during a recent magazine interview.

"Things are just starting to shoot again," Kurtzman told SFX Magazine. "We would have been in production already on Picard, but we couldn't be because of COVID. It's pushed our Discovery and Strange New Worlds dates just a little bit, but I think we're actually planning on staying on track for those. By the time they shoot, we will have innovated with a couple shows, and we will know where we are. And we will be a little bit more down with a process."

Ryan played former Borg drone Seven of Nine in four seasons of Star Trek: Voyager. Upon returning for Star Trek: Picard, she struggled to find Seven's new, much more human voice. She says it was co-star Jonathan Del Arco, himself reprising former drone Hugh, who helped get her there.

9 hours ago, alexgross.com said:

wtf is paramount plus?!? just what we all need, yet another subscription service with, at best, two good shows. what happened to the lame cbs app that this show was on last year? 

Paramount Plus is just the new name for the lame CBS app you're asking about.

Is there more on Paramount Plus yet besides Star Trek justifying a subscription?  Still haven't seen any of these new series due to them being put behind that Viacom pay wall that isn't worth the price.

Now, in an interview with SFX Magazine (via TrekMovie.com), showrunners Terry Matalas and Akiva Goldsman have revealed more about what audiences can expect from Star Trek: Picard season 2. Goldsman says that the new episodes are more about "an exploration of [Jean-Luc's] heart," and that because it deals with time travel, the season will show how the only thing that exceeds time is love. Matalas also states that it will be "emotional," and that to make it work, Picard season 2 has to deconstruct Jean-Luc as a main character. Read Matalas' full quote below:

"It’s a time-travel story and all good time-travel tales are emotional at their core, and speak to something that’s happening with your main character. So we started by asking ourselves the question of season one: how do we deconstruct Captain Picard? What don’t we know about him? Why is he on a vineyard by himself with a dog? Why did he never marry Beverly Crusher and have a family of 10? Those are jumping-off points to answer some of those personal mysteries."