• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

On 2/24/2023 at 4:12 PM, Dr. Love said:

Maybe I should stick with my memories instead. Dang she made my heart go pitter pat.

I had a guest artist pass at 2008 NYCC and after I got my credentials at the event, got to chat with her on the escalator. Thankfully, I didn't nerd out and get weird - to which she was absolutely wonderful towards a complete stranger and still stunning-looking. I'm excited to see her again on-screen.

This new character Captain Shaw, played by long time small role character actor Todd Stashwick, has gotta be one of the best casting decisions I've seen in a dogs age. He commands any scene he's in, the other actors step up their game just by having him to react to.  Superb.

As to the notion that Sir Patrick himself is knocking this last season out of the park?

Yeesh. We've lurched a long ways from

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". "Or the one".  The most heart rending teachable moment in Star Trek lore

to

"He's my son!"  

Oh well on with the show. Amanda Plummer's villainous Vadic is so over the top as to be maybe fun. Riker never disappoints.  And more Worf please!

On 2/26/2023 at 11:21 AM, Dr. Love said:

Yeesh. We've lurched a long ways from

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". "Or the one".  The most heart rending teachable moment in Star Trek lore

to

"He's my son!"  

Oh well on with the show.

You're right. In every single episode (or movie) of every iteration of Star Trek, an individual, especially a main character or someone close to them, has been abandoned because saving them involved risk. Or is it the opposite? hm

Another very good episode on what is becoming a terrific season.

It''s been a very,very long time since Star Trek got the 'action' and 'feelings' in one episode in 100% balance - this is one of those times.

The Good:

SFX - outstanding

Worf

The Riker / Picard relationship

The suprising return of a very old, and very well known race.

The Bad:

Michelle Hurd, Michelle Hurd......and Michelle Hurd

The Ugly:

I gotta say, Dr Crushers plastic surgery is possibly the most horrific thing ever seen on Star Trek

If the pacing of this series continues, this could be the best yet.

I was actually impressed with McFadden’s scenes - for me, a marked improvement over the typical Beverly Crusher delivery of old.

Awesome episode, great cliffhanger and the Riker/Picard tension on the bridge worked so well, it made me uncomfortable to watch it. Good stuff.

On 3/3/2023 at 3:33 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

"Seventeen Seconds" was a great episode. Now that Picard has 'doomed' the crew (the old fart), how are they going to get out of this one?

I would be 100% in favor of an epic Geordi LaForge rescue!

On 3/4/2023 at 1:54 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I would be 100% in favor of an epic Geordi LaForge rescue!

On 3/3/2023 at 9:33 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

"Seventeen Seconds" was a great episode. Now that Picard has 'doomed' the crew (the old fart), how are they going to get out of this one?

Not sure about LaForge as his daughter is onboard - I'm guessing something familiar lies in that Nebula - and it begins with 'B' (think of the pulse emissions)

Just watched Part Four. Gotta say I'm lovin it, even with Beverly's forced line after the 'star babies' start floating. Great scene between Picard and Riker at the beginning. And the flashes Jack experiences at the end of the episode are good cliffhangers. Bring on Part 5.

If I take anything out of this excellent season - it's that Captain Shaw cannot be killed off.

Too good a character, he should go into another show - even his own.

Todd Stashwick is excellent.

On 3/11/2023 at 3:24 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Have the Borg assimilated a planet of changelings?

I know it's Star Trek...but is that even possible?

Maybe they have formed an unassimilatable alliance that will carry forward to another show - like Wolf 359 opening the DS9 series?

Be a great segue into a Capatain Shaw led series.....

Edited by Beige

Ensign Ro in the House!

Anyone else getting the feeling the JC's 'visions' look awfully like the dungeon where a creature had to 'go through the door' to escape in another ST series?

And I don't trust the USS Titan Doc at all...just sayin'

Episode 5 of Picard is like a rippin' guitar solo wrapped around a stripper served on a cheeseburger with a touch of sadness. My emotions can't take it.

eddie-munson-gif-guitar-solo.gif.798732d0406737cc4f1beba2f61746dc.gif
dance-stripper-blonde-busty.gif.767182d04b9d30ba1847d6ad6739309c.gif
burger.gif.ee387bacae198bc522c85672c082e704.gif

sadpanda.gif.060de01d5775768f67f64b15405e520f.gif

And am I the only one who thinks Captain Liam Sharpe needs his own show? What a great character.