• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Patrick Stewart is back as Captain Picard
3 3

311 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2018 at 12:09 PM, RedRaven said:

Also, we will need Ian Mckellan as the outgoing Activities Coordinator who develops a romantic relationship with Picard. That covers the appropriate checkbox for those who are trying on this seasons fashionable social conscious.

Magneto and Prof. X back together?  I am in.  But gays are not fad, they have been out and proud ince Stonewall and a normal part of life for a long time.  Why hate?

On 10/8/2022 at 7:29 PM, Rip said:

Season 3 looks really epic. One of my favorite all time Next Generation Villains is coming back....no not Lore, the other guy.

I have not watched any of the new Star Trek stuff because I don't have Paramount+.  But that did look kind of epic. 

And that guy...Very cool.  I hope they do him justice though and don't blow it.  

The last Picard voyage. I am so thankful he came back to do something unique and fun. It's gonna be a misty-eyed time in the armchair when the last episode of this season airs. I'm excited to catch the new trailer!

On 1/31/2023 at 4:54 PM, CrocHntr said:

I think I need to catch up.  Definitely a nostalgia rush for me.

Season 3 ep. 1: first 20 minutes of 'Picard' a slow warm up; last 30 minutes better with addition of heroes and villain(s). Wait for episode 2 for the plot to flesh out.

On 2/16/2023 at 9:51 PM, siro123 said:

First Ep of Season 3 is already 10 times better then all of season 2.

Season 1  Grade B minus

Season 2 Grade F just soo bad

For me, the scenes with Q made season 2 very good. It felt more like a really long episode than a whole season. I didn't hate it - but I can see why others would.

Season 3 started out amazing. Jonathan Frakes instantaneously turns back into Riker - to the point that I'd really be up for a damn Riker show. Call it what you will, but the Picard show seems to really nail it when it comes to rekindling the old interactions. I find no problem in just making a nostalgia show with new perspectives amongst old characters.

Spoiler:

Spoiler

I absolutely loved the fact that Riker is in a bar, knocking drinks back because Troi needs a break from him. To me, that is 100% where Riker ends up in his 60s. Walking around, tilting towards danger, booze and good times.

On 2/18/2023 at 2:26 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Hide contents

I absolutely loved the fact that Riker is in a bar, knocking drinks back because Troi needs a break from him. To me, that is 100% where Riker ends up in his 60s. Walking around, tilting towards danger, booze and good times.

I think that reasoning (i.e. where would these characters be years down the road) is one of the things that caused Stewart to relax his hesitancy and come back and do a final season.  His interview with Colbert seems to validate this. Great start to the show. I'm all in.

Edited by BuscemasAvengers

On 2/20/2023 at 6:39 AM, BuscemasAvengers said:

I think that reasoning (i.e. where would these characters be years down the road) is one of the things that caused Stewart to relax his hesitancy and come back and do a final season.  His interview with Colbert seems to validate this. Great start to the show. I'm all in.

That was great - I wished it were longer. It's interesting - Riker and Picard's clip shown there is a great scene that shows two old friends just meshing back together as if no time has passed at all. The great part about the show is that so much time has passed, that people don't hold the Enterprise crew in awe any longer. It's like this story (the Picard show) picks up many years after everyone got to enjoy the fruits of their valor on the Enterprise - it makes it very compelling.

20 years ago, Picard could have solved any problem, or tackled any enemy with a simple request to an Admiral. It's not so easy for him anymore, because his influence is all but gone (with the exception of doing commencement addresses) - which is how it will work with all of us as we get older. It's just a great show, and I'm happy to have watched it when it was running (I jumped on on 4th season of TNG) and growing old with it to see the new perspective it puts on the old characters.

Another solid episode, but sadly Michelle Hurd (Raffi) continues to anchor the series with poor acting and bad character flaws.

Otherwise - good viewing, with all the gang gathering again.

Hated season 2, Stewart ain't no old man Clint Eastwood, hes just old and sad.

Having said that I'm in for this last hurrah purely to catch the gang once again. Although I'm steeling myself for the oh so rude awakening of the present Troy. Maybe I should stick with my memories instead. Dang she made my heart go pitter pat.

Edited by Dr. Love

On 2/23/2023 at 8:16 PM, Beige said:

Another solid episode, but sadly Michelle Hurd (Raffi) continues to anchor the series with poor acting and bad character flaws.

Otherwise - good viewing, with all the gang gathering again.

I would agree - not a fan of her acting. However, bouncing her off of Worf will likely save her scenes. I was rapidly becoming uninterested in her "secret agent" role until Worf saved the day - which might possibly be my favorite character reveal so far in all the seasons.

The only thing missing was him quipping something like "Today is a good day to die, but the day is not yet over." - which would have been cheesy and on-the-nose, but I would have loved it anyway.

eccd6d2b-8547-4754-ba91-0682f6dcbcac_text.gif.3fa0e302ecf32c52b08d691535911be6.gif