• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More Fun Comics Appreciation Thread
6 6

420 posts in this topic

On 7/15/2023 at 2:37 PM, RareHighGrade said:

I've always liked the last 7 issues of the run with the Howie Post covers.  Do you have the other 6 Marty?

No, this is the last MORE FUN COMICS in my Collection...I do have #121.

On 7/15/2023 at 11:43 AM, Marty Mann said:
On 7/15/2023 at 11:37 AM, RareHighGrade said:

I've always liked the last 7 issues of the run with the Howie Post covers.  Do you have the other 6 Marty?

No, this is the last MORE FUN COMICS in my Collection...I do have #121.

I was lucky enough to find a beater copy (probably G/VG) of the supposedly scarce More Fun 127 in a box at the local comic con last year and the dealer dropped the price down to the equivalent of roughly $105 USD for me to buy it.  :banana:  :whee:

On 7/15/2023 at 4:43 PM, lou_fine said:

I was lucky enough to find a beater copy (probably G/VG) of the supposedly scarce More Fun 127 in a box at the local comic con last year and the dealer dropped the price down to the equivalent of roughly $105 USD for me to buy it.  :banana:  :whee:

:whatthe: does this mean you don't live in the US.:baiting:

Edited by woowoo

• Administrator
On 7/15/2023 at 8:48 PM, lou_fine said:

:fear:  :fear:

THEY are clearly watching you as that took less than 2 minutes.  :eyeroll:  lol

I can't imagine giving  anyone a warning for stating which country they live in.  :smile:

On 7/15/2023 at 5:34 PM, lou_fine said:

Sadly, I cannot answer your question here or I will be sent to the CGC sin bin for another extended period of time to once again cleanse my mind of such aberrant thoughts.  (tsk)  lol

:whatthe:Your right @CGC Mike  got his eye on you.:preach::flamethrower:

On 7/15/2023 at 4:43 PM, lou_fine said:

All of the last few More Fun issues are relatively scarce, especially in grade.  I think that DC issued fewer copies at the end of the run and even those that were issued were not snatched off the shelves by many buyers. 

On 7/16/2023 at 9:09 AM, Marty Mann said:

IMG  MORE FUN COMICS #105  (200 dpi).jpg

I think this one is so neat for this "lost" game.  Did you ever "shoot" marbles?  My father has a big collection of marbles that he won from playing this.

It appears that the first offer to join the Fun Club debuted in New Fun Comics #4 with Jolly Bill, the Chief Funster providing club details and letting us in on the first password and countersign! From my research, More Fun #30 is the last such club page with password and countersign, then it all just disappeared.  :(

New Fun 4 pg 9 1st Fun Club notice (2).jpg