• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

No Jim Lee announcement (at least not yet - knock on wood).... but SCOOP will be breaking some MAJOR news about our 2006 guest list later today.

I'll post a link later today.

Here's a teaser - the initials of those who've confirmed so far - only one, well, maybe two, are local (local guests will be announced shortly since we make sure to get a commitment - verbal or written - before we announce them). The rest are all coming in from outside of Ontario:

J_______ A________

B_______ A________

H_______ C________

D_______ C________

A_______ C________

T_______ G________

T_______ H________

S_______ L________

F_______ M________

P_______ M________

J_______ P________

E_______ P________

D_______ S________

J_______ T________

E_______ V________

Hmmm.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian Azarello, Ethan Van Sciver, FRANK MILLER!??, that Jesus guy who draws Wonder Woman?? If you got Frank Millar, wow. If you can get Frank then Jim Lee should surely come!! JIMLEE AGHH

No visits from Jesus, we're not that type of a convention (and no that isn't Satan Lives).

Others you mentioned, I can neither confirm or deny, but there are many pros that have the same initials - did you guess the right ones?

Jessica Abel (Artbabe) WRITER/ARTIST

Brian Azzarello (100 Bullets) WRITER

Howard Chaykin (City of Tomorrow) WRITER/ARTIST

Darwyn Cooke (DC:The New Frontier) WRITER/ARTIST

Amanda Conner (JSA Classified) ARTIST

Tom Grummett (New Thunderbolts) ARTIST

Tony Harris (Ex Machina) ARTIST

STAN LEE

Francis Manapul (fooled ya! Necromancer) ARTIST

Patricia Mulvihill (100 Bullets)COLORIST

Jimmy Palmiotti (Hawkman) WRITER/INKER

Eric Powell (The Goon) WRITER/ARTIST

Dave Sim (Cerebus) WRITER/ARTIST

Jill Thompson (Dead Boy Detectives) WRITER/ARTIST

Ethan Van Sciver (Green Lantern) ARTIST

And as I said in the article, LOTS more in the works.

I'm looking forward to Ethan Van Sciver, Brian Azarello, that Stan guy, anddddd ****JIMLEE****?. I wonder how long the signing lines will be :P

Oh and Kevin, is there a limit to how many comics you can get signed at once?

27_laughing.gif, stan lee. he was the mailman in fantastic four :P

The convention sets no external limits on the number of books signed unless the guest requests it in advance (like Stan Lee has) or we feel that the line-ups warrant it (and the guest is cool with it).

What's Stan Lee's limit? And man, you respond fast! And so you're saying like, I could bring the entire 15 issue run (varients) of Superman For Tommorrow and get them signed by Azarello, at once???!?!? lol! If that's true then OMG. I thought I was gonna have to lign up like 3, 4 times in a row lol. I'm gonna line up like an hour early and run to find Azarello, or Loeb and LEE if they're there 27_laughing.gif.

Stan's limit hasn't been set yet. We've got 8+ months to figure that out, we'll make an announcement when it's all been settled.

I don't see why you couldn't get all of your "For Tomorrow"'s signed at one time by Brian... unless he asks you to limit the number or if his line is really big at the time.

I'll try and get there an hour before the doors open, and speed-walk straight to the table which is hopefully Jim Lee, and if not than Brian Azzarello. That way the lines won't be as huge later on in the day (I would think anyways!). I'm really hoping to get all of my Batman Hush signed, and I'm buying a Superman For Tommorrow set to get signed as well smile.gif

Oh, and is Van Sciver still doing Green Lantern? I know he did Rebirth, but the first issue of Green Lantern he drew, and the second he didn't..

Thanks,

Kyle

Ethan has a project in the works, but he is currently illustrating the occasional issue of Green Lantern. Pacheco is still the main artist.

EVS is doing September's #5

4151_400x600.jpg

and October's #6

4327_400x600.jpg

Because there Toronto"nians" wink.gif

They've brought hope to comic cons in Canada smile.gif Gotta love Paradise and Boyd!

And yeah, do you guys have to like pay for their hotel and flights? If so that would be a fortune!

***JIMLEE*** smile.gif

Gist of it is that we've invited him before and were told no, this time he said yes. We must be doing something right.

With out of town guests that we specifically invite, we cover the costs of their transportation to and from Toronto (flights or alternative means) and for their accomodations while in town.