• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

Thanks to both Kevin and Brian.

When I wrote Kev the other day, he told me that Dave does sketches. I didn't want to bother Kev as I know he'll be mucho busy at the show.

I'll definitely write a letter to Dave as I'm enjoying the phonebooks immensely. thumbsup2.gif

When I wrote Kev the other day, he told me that Dave does sketches. I didn't want to bother Kev as I know he'll be mucho busy at the show.

I'll definitely write a letter to Dave as I'm enjoying the phonebooks immensely. thumbsup2.gif

Phone books?

confused.gif

Any surprise guests lined up? flowerred.gif

hi.gif

You are actually going to show up? 893whatthe.gif

Yep

This year no conflicts on my schedule!

After all I have to Pick up Stan at the Airport

headbang.gif

27_laughing.gif, really? ur picking up stan lee?

No. My buddy Stan Johnson

Phone books?

confused.gif

The Cerebus Trades thumbsup2.gif

Phone books?

confused.gif

The Cerebus Trades thumbsup2.gif

AHHHh

I have a full set of the trades thanks to Peter and doug at paradise.

each autographed by Mr Sim

Nice reads

Is there anyone going to this show that I could send three CGC'd Stan Lee file copies to so they could get signed by "The Man" and put into a Sig Series holder? If I can work this out with someone I will give them one of the three books for their trouble.

Thanks,

OG

Is there anyone going to this show that I could send three CGC'd Stan Lee file copies to so they could get signed by "The Man" and put into a Sig Series holder? If I can work this out with someone I will give them one of the three books for their trouble.

Thanks,

OG

You just need to contact Paradise and make arrangements to have them signed. No need to give up one of your file copies.

Thanks,

OG

You just need to contact Paradise and make arrangements to have them signed. No need to give up one of your file copies.

SHHHH

SHHHH thats a book I could have gotten

Thanks,

OG

I tried that, but communication died off. I'll try contacting Peter again. At this point I feel like I need a plan "B".

What do you guys think I should get signed by Stan Lee? Do you think ASM 300 would be a good idea?

If you get someting signed by him it should be something he wrote or helped draw!

I want to get something signed by HIM, CGC SS strickly to sell it. I have no idea what to get 27_laughing.gif

JUST ADDED!

TOKYOPOP'S DRAMACON CREATOR SVETLANA CHMAKOVA

AND BABY-SITTERS CLUB ARTIST RAINA TELGEMEIER!

The Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon is proud to announce the following additions to our growing guest list:

SVETLANA CHMAKOVA

www.svetlania.com

Svetlana was born and raised Russian, and came to Canada at the tender age of 16. She finished high school here, then graduated Sheridan College with a three-year Classical Animation Diploma and is currently a freelance artist, as well as a fledging North-American equivalent of a manga-ka. She has been in a love-hate relationship with comics and manga for several years now because she is too weak to break it off.

Svetlana has drawn for how-to-draw-manga books, RPG manuals, toy designs, animation, book covers and a bunch of online comics.

PUBLISHING CREDITS:

-creator of "DRAMACON", published by TOKYOPOP--fall 2005

-creator of "Night Silver", e-published by RazorStudio at Wirepop.com--fall 2003, ongoing

-creator of "Chasing Rainbows", e-published by ModernTales at Girlamatic.com--spring 2003, ongoing

-contributing artist to Christopher Hart's MangaMania books, published by Watson-Guptill:

..."How To Draw Japanese Comics"

..."Fantasy Worlds"

...""

-interior illustrator for "Stargazer", by Maria Shaw, published by Llewellyn Worldwide Inc.

-contributing illustrator to the "Victoriana" RPG, published by Heresy Gaming

RAINA TELGEMEIER

www.goraina.com

Raina grew up reading comics and moping in the fog of San Francisco. She eventually moved to New York City to attend the School of Visual Arts, and graduated with a BFA in Illustration in May 2002. She has worked in various fields, including book publishing, radio promotions, and film production. Raina currently resides in Brooklyn, NY, but she likes to go to new places whenever she can.

Comics

The Baby-sitters Club

Book #1: Kristy’s Great Idea

(2006, Grapix, an imprint of Scholastic, Inc.)

Graphic Novel adaptation of the novel by Ann M. Martin

Bizarro World

The Justice League of America in: Take Your Kids to Work Day

(2005, DC Comics)

Pencils, inks, separations, colors

Smile

(2004- GirlAMatic.com)

Patty-Cake and Friends

Scott Roberts

(2004, Slave Labor Graphics)

Guest Cartoonist

Take-Out Comics

(2001-2005, Self-published)

Issues 1 - 7

Not My Small Diary

(2004, 2005 Self-published)

Featured Cartoonist

Moo-Cow Fan Club Magazine

(2004, 2005)

Final Funnies Cartoonist; Illustrator

Broad Appeal

(2003, Friends of Lulu)

Featured Cartoonist

Shutterbug Follies

Jason Little

(2002, Doubleday Graphic Novels)

Winner: 2002 Ignatz Award for Outstanding Online Comic

Background Inker; Digital Colorist

Reflux Comics

(2002, Self-published)

Featured Cartoonist

InkStains Magazine

(2001-2002, School of Visual Arts)

Editor, Issues 4 – 8

Getting the Sex Out of the Way

Matthew K. Manning

(2002, Meathaus Press)

Featured Cartoonist

Awkward Moments

Wayne Gignac and Rick Segal

(2001, Specific House Publishing)

Illustrator

Awards and Honors

2005 Eisner Award for Talent Deserving of Wider Recognition: Nominee

2003 Ignatz Award for Outstanding Mini-comic (Take-Out): Nominee

2003 Ignatz Award for Promising New Talent: Nominee

2003 Kim Yale Award for Promising New Talent

2002 Alumni Society Merit Award

2002 Rhodes Family Award For Outstanding Students

2001 Excellence in Women’s Leadership Award

For the full guest list and information about the convention please visit www.torontocomicon.com

Thanks,

Kevin

NEW GUESTS ADDED SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH!

RUNAWAYS ARTIST ADRIAN ALPHONA

AND INDUSTRY LEGEND MARIE SEVERIN!

ADRIAN ALPHONA

product_G6628.jpg

Adrian Alphona is the artist on Marvel Comics' monthly Runaways title, written by Brian K. Vaughan. After a successful first volume, the same creative team is back working on volume two. For those who missed the first run, it is now collected in both trade paperback and hardcover editions. Adrian has also done cover work and a back-up story for Udon's Street Fighter title.

MARIE SEVERIN

Only scheduled appearance for 2006!

t-subm22.jpg

Marie Severin was born in Long Island, New York. She had secretly aspired to be a stained glass artist. However, her brother, John Severin, talked her into coloring comics at EC. After that, Marie worked as a colorist for Marvel for many years, and touched nearly every single Marvel character ever created. Most notably, Marie Severin has done 'Dr. Strange', 'Submariner', 'The Incredible Hulk', and 'King Kull' during the 1960s and 1970s. Together with her brother, she also worked for Mad Magazine for a while.

Marie was assigned to Special Projects under Sol Brodsky and John Romita Sr. in the 1980s. Special Projects handled any non-comic book licensing job, from toy maquettes to designing movie costumes. They also handled movie and television tie-ins like 'The A-Team'. They initiated the short-lived Marvel Books children's book division.

On April 29 & 30, 2006 (Saturday & Sunday) Stan Lee will be appearing as the Guest of Honor at the Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon in Toronto, Canada. Due to anticipated demand, panel discussions, interviews and other concerns Stan will be able to sign only a limited number of comic books at the convention.

However, Mr. Lee has agreed to sign a specific number of comic books in advance for Paradise. We would like to allow collectors the opportunity to include their books as part of that number for submission to CGC as part of the prestigious Signature Series label.

The comic books will be signed in the presence of an authorized CGC witness at Mr. Lee's office in Los Angeles (not at the convention) in March and April 2006 and will be sent directly to CGC for Grading from there.

Provided that the comic does not receive a Qualified or Restored grade, the books will receive the prestigious CGC Signature Series yellow label with a notation. Comics will be returned to you in a timely manner (see CGC for expected turnaround times for the specific tiers).

Process:

(A) Submit your books directly to either Peter Dixon or Kevin Boyd at the CGC booth at one of the following comic book conventions:

2005 Nov. 4-6 - Wizard World Dallas

2005 Nov. 18-20 - The Big Apple National Convention (NYC)

2006 Feb. 24-26 - MegaCon (Orlando FLA)

2006 Feb. 24-26 - New York Comicon (New York City)

OR

(B) Contact Paradise Comics directly by e-mail: paradisecomics@on.aibn.com / 416-487-9807 to arrange to have your comics shipped directly to the Paradise Comics store in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Comics can also be dropped off at the store in person: 3278 Yonge Street.

Comics must be submitted in a Silver Age Mylar with backing board and a label affixed to upper right corner of the mylar with the following information: your FULL NAME, COMIC BOOK TITLE & ISSUE #.

Comics will be prioritized in February 2006 (before MegaCon and the New York Comic Con). Comics submitted for the Higher Tiers (Standard, Express, Walkthru) will be given higher priority over comics submitted for the Lower Tiers (Economy, Modern). After that, comics will be processed in a first come, first paid basis.

Please note that a portion of the costs involved will be donated to ACTOR - A Commitment to Our Roots to support veteran comic creators in financial need.