• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

For all of you fellows that want Jim Lee in Toronto, Jim made the following statement today in Part V of his Wizard World Chicago Convention Report at Newsarama:

http://www.newsarama.com/forums/showthread.php?s=d9cc997e0b6cd96a09f0553f4834f6af&threadid=41315

"I make it in 5 steps (to the Wizard party) and then run into Peter (Dixon), a good egg/retailer who also happens to run a con in Toronto (The Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon). He buys me a brew (thanks, Peter!) as I apologize and explain why I can’t do his show. He’s been asking me for ages and I keep putting his con off. Fact is, there is another con organizer in Toronto who has been courting me for a lot longer and I would feel bad if I chose one con over the other at this point."

So even though everyone is trying, you won't see Jim Lee at either Toronto convention for the foreseeable future.

I hope you guys realize that both Toronto cons (sorry, they don't like that word - the Toronto Con and the Toronto Expo) are out there working to get you the best big professional guests around, and only Jim Lee has expressed this sentiment to us (to my knowledge). I'm actually glad that he decided to make this statement publicly so that the fans understand why neither event has been able to secure him as a guest. I hope it's obvious that we would all be trying.

Peter, in particular, is working very hard... working until all hours of the day and night to convince these guys to come to Toronto for the Paradise show. I was very proud of him in Chicago, he was schmoozing his heart out. He's working for you guys...

I just hope you appreciate that we try to get professional guests of all kinds, not just the top of the sales charts, and I hope that shows in the well-rounded nature of our guest list and in the relaxed atmosphere we have worked very hard to create at the PCTC.

Kev

I hope you guys realize that both Toronto cons (sorry, they don't like that word - the Toronto Con and the Toronto Expo) are out there working to get you the best big professional guests around, and only Jim Lee has expressed this sentiment to us (to my knowledge). I'm actually glad that he decided to make this statement publicly so that the fans understand why neither event has been able to secure him as a guest. I hope it's obvious that we would all be trying.

Peter, in particular, is working very hard... working until all hours of the day and night to convince these guys to come to Toronto for the Paradise show. I was very proud of him in Chicago, he was schmoozing his heart out. He's working for you guys...

I just hope you appreciate that we try to get professional guests of all kinds, not just the top of the sales charts, and I hope that shows in the well-rounded nature of our guest list and in the relaxed atmosphere we have worked very hard to create at the PCTC.

Kev

We do! flowerred.gif

Michael Turner would be coooool 27_laughing.gif

Anyways, I was wondering if you guys had VIP passes like WizardWorld. Give away some stuff, give special access to signatures or sketches or what not, if so I'd definately buy one smile.gif

Also, when you buy your tickets in advance online (which I'm planning to do) how do you receive the tickets? Thanks,

Kyle

Michael Turner usually appears at the other TO show. We do talk to him though.

We are working out the details for online ticket sales and VIP passes, but the details won't be announced until the new year. You will be able to buy tickets through the website (using Paypal). We do not print out and mail tickets - if you choose to buy advance tickets we ask you to bring your Paypal receipt and some identification to the event and you can pick up your pass at the advance ticket booth.

Hey Kev hi.gif

I know we've discussed the (im)possibility of on-site grading in the past, but what if it was limited exclusively to Sig Series books done at your show? By reducing the volume of submissions, maybe CGC could come & set-up on a smaller scale. It would be a great promotion for not only your show..but the CGC Signature Series as well. thumbsup2.gif

Chris

I don't want to jinx anything, but I think things look pretty good in that area. Sig Series has grown quite a bit over the last year and was a big part of Chicago on-site grading. I think the way next year's show is shaping up it would be wise to have some sort of on-site grading, especially for Signature Series. This is obviously something we are discussing with CGC and hope to know about soon, one way or the other.