• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

45,000 ducks were spotted in Bloor Subway Station on Tuesday morning at 11:03AM.

Missed them? That's unfortunate. Alas, there are no pictures.

ACTOR Booth Signing Schedule

Friday April 28

Talent Caldwell 3:00-5:00

George Perez 3:30-5:30

J.G. Jones 5:30-7:30

Saturday April 29

Mike Mayhew 10:30-12:30

Talent Caldwell 10:00-12:00

Ty Templeton 12:30-2:30

David Lloyd 2:30-4:30

George Perez 4:30-6:30

Sunday April 30

Talent Caldwell 11:00-1:00

George Perez 11:30-1:30

Dave Johnson 1:30-3:30

Your support is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry fellas, but I was just contacted by the Metro Toronto police organized crime unit - gambling. Seems a concerned citizen faxed over the details of the Tournament to the Organized Crime Squad.

There's too much conflicting information here for my liking. One office of the government gives out a permit, while another says that people will be arrested. I prefer not to have anyone arrested or my name associated in any way with this.

So I am personally cancelling the poker tournament.

I'm sorry fellas, but I was just contacted by the Metro Toronto police organized crime unit - gambling. Seems a concerned citizen faxed over the details of the Tournament to the Organized Crime Squad.

There's too much conflicting information here for my liking. One office of the government gives out a permit, while another says that people will be arrested. I prefer not to have anyone arrested or my name associated in any way with this.

So I am personally cancelling the poker tournament.

I wonder who the concerned citizen was. Probably some [embarrassing lack of self control] who was trying to cause trouble. My best friends Dad is on the force, I wonder if I could find out who it was that called in.

ACTOR Booth Signing Schedule

Friday April 28

Talent Caldwell 3:00-5:00

George Perez 3:30-5:30

J.G. Jones 5:30-7:30

Saturday April 29

Mike Mayhew 10:30-12:30

Talent Caldwell 10:00-12:00

Ty Templeton 12:30-2:30

David Lloyd 2:30-4:30

George Perez 4:30-6:30

Sunday April 30

Talent Caldwell 11:00-1:00

George Perez 11:30-1:30

Dave Johnson 1:30-3:30

Your support is appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

hi Kevin,

what are ACTOR BOOTH signings? does that mean all of these creators are charging to signing a book?

stan

Stan, ACTOR is a charity that raises funds for comic book creators who require financial assistance. For more information please go their site:

www.actorcomicfund.org

They set up booths at comic book conventions all over the place including BOTH big Toronto conventions and recruit creators to sign and/or sketch at the booth for certain set periods of time. This is to help raise awareness and hopefully encourage fans to donate to this worthy cause.

You are not required to, but are encouraged to, make a donation to ACTOR when you get your books signed by those creators when they are at the ACTOR booth.

If they are sketching, they will ask for a specific amount be given to ACTOR for the sketches.

All of these guests have tables of their own at the convention. When they are not at ACTOR, or at a panel. They will be at their table.

Floor plan is available on the Toronto Comicon website. www.torontocomicon.com - look under the news section at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks,

Kevin