• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

Look at you!! Busted your hump the past 72 hours and here you are up-and-at-em. Thanks for putting on such a good show Kev. I liked the location with the high ceilings. Very similar to WW Philly.

I liked the location with the high ceilings. Very similar to WW Philly.

Well, it looks like next year they'll have high ceilings AND early June show dates in common... foreheadslap.gif

I was hoping to pick those two shows as my travel shows for next year, too. Not gonna happen now, I guess... frown.gif

But if the Philly 2007 guest list is as uninspiring as this year's, Toronto will be the obvious choice...

- Bill

I'm actually very sick right now. I can hardly stand and I'm hacking up a lung.

Next year we are not on the same weekend as WW Philly. I'll leave it to Wizard to make the announcement of when they are scheduled.

Obviously our choices are limited. Not just due to other shows but due to other events here in town and holidays. I would not want to do a show on a holiday long weekend.

June 8-10, 2007

Very interesting. I hope "you know who" has vacation plans that week (or two).

Wiz Philly is most likely June 1-3. At least thats the weekend they have been on.

But you never know with them. Who has Wizard World's 2007 dates?

Look at you!! Busted your hump the past 72 hours and here you are up-and-at-em. Thanks for putting on such a good show Kev. I liked the location with the high ceilings. Very similar to WW Philly.

I second Tim's sentiments. I thought the show (despite the fact that I only showed up on Sunday) was great. The location was the best that I've ever seen this show held. The lighting, high cielings and layout all worked to give it a "Big Show" feel. Great work Kev!

On a side note, are you going to Philly Tim?

Wiz Philly is most likely June 1-3. At least thats the weekend they have been on.But you never know with them. Who has Wizard World's 2007 dates?

They don't release them until the 2006 show.

Wiz Philly is most likely June 1-3. At least thats the weekend they have been on.But you never know with them. Who has Wizard World's 2007 dates?

They don't release them until the 2006 show.

Then how do you know that you do not conflict with them?

You know the WW philly show has some good names. But When you have seen all of them it just makes no since to go.

Exactly. It's basically the usual Wizard guest list and all the usual Northeast show guests. And my original point was that having them a week apart may affect the Toronto show's ability to get guests to some extent. It won't affect the comic budget of most Toronto fans or the success of Toronto comic area dealers like two Toronto shows in two weeks might, but it will still steal some of the buzz from Toronto. Makes it more of a strictly regional thing, and less of a buzz show folks might travel to.

- Bill

The show was definitely a success this year, and it looks like we saw the same kind of growth as in previous years.

I'll write up a more detailed report when I'm a bit healthier and I get the final numbers in from all sources. Wish someone had thought of counting all of those kids 12 and under we let in for free.

Peter is still racing around getting people to the airport. David Lloyd (who I really enjoyed talking with on Thursday night) and Nicola Scott (wish I had a had a chance to talk with her more) are leaving for home shortly.

This con kicked the living [embarrassing lack of self control] out of me. Lack of sleep, lack of proper food, high stress, high energy... I was so sick by the time I got home last night that I couldn't finish lifting my long boxes out of the back of the rental van and had to call someone to help. I also had to bail on a final visit to the hotel to make my good-byes.

I've been alternately sleeping and drinking a lot of water today, but I did make a short walk over to the drug store and got some lunch and more Coke Zero for the apartment. I'll be heading back to bed in a minute.

You know the WW philly show has some good names. But When you have seen all of them it just makes no since to go. The only person there that I want to meet is alex horley.

So Kris, help me to understand. Are you saying once you've seen every creator, then a con with no one new to you is just not worth attending??

You know the WW philly show has some good names. But When you have seen all of them it just makes no since to go. The only person there that I want to meet is alex horley.

So Kris, help me to understand. Are you saying once you've seen every creator, then a con with no one new to you is just not worth attending??

shy.gif

This I gotta hear!!!