• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paradise Comics Toronto Comicon 2006

735 posts in this topic

Less than two days...! Big week for books.

A few Signature Series opportunities! Villains United Special... Checkmate #1...

I think your a little too time obsessed Kevin really nice suit this morning too.

thumbsup2.gif

SUIT?

Was he on TV?

I picked up my suit at the dry cleaners across the street from Paradise this morning.

What do you need a suit for Kev ??

If its a black suit it means someones dying

Holy schnikees! This this is coming up fast. A day and five hours until the 2006 Toronto Comicon!

POPIMAGE PRE-SHOW ARTICLE:

www.popimage.com

TORONTO STAR WOMEN OF COMICS ARTICLE:

www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=1146001825684&call_pageid=978552666364&col=978552666551

THE METRO ON WOMEN OF COMICS:

www.metronews.ca/entertainment_news_detail.asp?id=15736

THE METRO REVIEWS WORK BY THE WOMEN OF COMICS:

www.metronews.ca/books_review.asp?id=15610

PLUS: Revised floorplan!

http://torontocomicon.com/story.asp?storyID=37

Follow the link for seating assignments!

revised_floor_plan_web.jpg

Mine is simple.

Went Friday after work(could not go any other days)

Nice vibe. Great people.

Found the one book I have been looking for a long time( Superman Vs Spider-man) And some Autographed Captain Canuck issues

Bought the Original cover art to ION issue 2.

Met the Cover Artist Kalman Andrasofszky. Cool guy.

Which I had more money with me or I would have bought the covers to Issue 3 and 4

Congrats to all the guys in T.O. I'm sure it was a great show, sorry I missed it by a few weeks. 893applaud-thumb.gif

deleted because I obviosly got my dates wrong

A lot of people were saying that to me, but it's not the case. We had a big space, and lots of things going on.

I'll have some numbers later this week. But it is my understanding that the Saturday attendance surpassed the entire 2005 attendance (which was around 4200 attendees for the weekend)

Because of Women of Comics we had about double our normal guests at the event, so more attendees were in various lines. Plus, we had many "standing room only" panel programming events that kept people off the show floor at various times.