• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Ebay farce of the day. Photo of Detective 27s on a shelf... $5000.00

230 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Wow, you put way too much time and effort into this response.

(shrug)

Neither much time nor effort for me. Everything's relative. We all have different limits. What you perceive as daunting may possibly be child's play for someone else. Or not. Have you ever considered this? Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time. Some cant manage a decent effort at either alone. Everything's relative.  Consult Einstein concerning relativity.  :idea:

Edited by James J Johnson

Just now, James J Johnson said:

What a gyp. That picture would be worth at least $5000 going by 2018 ebay marketplace value. :flipbait:

No I mean just to post the pic here.

2 minutes ago, kav said:

No I mean just to post the pic here.

I know. A lot of work involved. Lots of eye strain. Then, when you find a promising photo, you usually have to go to work on it using image manipulation to identify what the issues. Like any good elephant, I remember!

Then, I did this during Christmas week, 2004.. Are all the websites that hosted the pictures I examined still online?

54 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I think that you care more than you're letting on. Otherwise you wouldn't be spending non-refundable time typing out paragraphs to someone who's opinion you seemingly claim that you "couldn't care less about". Again, my 2c.

The cut of your jib. I like it.

3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I know. A lot of work involved. Lots of eye strain. Then, when you find a promising photo, you usually have to go to work on it using image manipulation to identify what the issues. Like any good elephant, I remember!

Then, I did this during Christmas week, 2004.. Are all the websites that hosted the pictures I examined still online?

I believe if such a pic existed, it would spread like wildfire not remain obscure.

15 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Neither much time nor effort for me. Everything's relative. We all have different limits. What you perceive as daunting may possibly be child's play for someone else. Or not. Have you ever considered this? Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time. Some cant manage a decent effort at either alone. Everything's relative.  Consult Einstein concerning relativity.  :idea:

What am I even reading..?

Just now, RockMyAmadeus said:

The cut of your jib. I like it.

While you may approve of the cut of his jib, his cut and his jib are flawed.. Which is far easier to prove by this being my last post in this thread than it would be to spend 10 hours ago researching photos that I really don't care about at all. Enjoy.. .

I think James is a good guy and I'm not trying to go after him but if there was a photo of action #1, it would have surfaced long ago.  I myself also have an excellent memory-I can remember phone numbers and names of people I met once, 30 years ago.  However, excellent memory is different from the brains re-creating memories, which is a known scientific fact.  Unless you kept diaries from 40 years back, the reality of this is not apparent.