• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

By the way, did you see the GIC Mass copy you sold me? Got it graded and you were spot on with your grading....spot freaking on.

No, I didn't. Do you have a scan? Glad it came back dead on.

I posted this in the GA forum, but though it might be cool to share it here as well.

Yesterday afternoon I had the great pleasure of coming into the last ever comic books owned by Collectors Bookstore of Hollywood. Many of you have probably heard about this famous comic shop that turned into the foremost seller of movie memorabilia and collectibles.

You've probably seen many pictures and read/heard numerous stories about the glory days of this store in the 1960's - 1980's. They stopped selling comics quite a few years ago. But, one batch remained in an obscure file cabinet in the basement, until recently.

It is nice to have a piece of comic history, and books from legendary dealer Malcolm Willits.

Here is a group shot of them below. The lone SA book is a stunning ASM 14, that has some of the nicest gloss and colors of any copy that I've ever owned of this book. It looks so fresh and new. The others are all essentially mid-grade with the occasional 6.0 - 7.0

Hope you enjoy seeing these as much as I am enjoying them.

My buddy Rich Olson, who has known Mal since the shop opened, put me on to the books

willitssmall.jpg

starranger.jpg

By the way, did you see the GIC Mass copy you sold me? Got it graded and you were spot on with your grading....spot freaking on.

Where's the Mass. pedigree notation?

Where's the Mass. pedigree notation?

forgot to put it on the submission form :( oh well, I know it's heritage.

I posted this in the GA forum, but though it might be cool to share it here as well.

Yesterday afternoon I had the great pleasure of coming into the last ever comic books owned by Collectors Bookstore of Hollywood. Many of you have probably heard about this famous comic shop that turned into the foremost seller of movie memorabilia and collectibles.

You've probably seen many pictures and read/heard numerous stories about the glory days of this store in the 1960's - 1980's. They stopped selling comics quite a few years ago. But, one batch remained in an obscure file cabinet in the basement, until recently.

It is nice to have a piece of comic history, and books from legendary dealer Malcolm Willits.

Here is a group shot of them below. The lone SA book is a stunning ASM 14, that has some of the nicest gloss and colors of any copy that I've ever owned of this book. It looks so fresh and new. The others are all essentially mid-grade with the occasional 6.0 - 7.0

Hope you enjoy seeing these as much as I am enjoying them.

My buddy Rich Olson, who has known Mal since the shop opened, put me on to the books

willitssmall.jpg

starranger.jpg

I used to go to a place called Bond Street Books off of Hollywood BLVD. in the 70's, such a cool place. During the 70's there was half a dozen cool comic and movie poster stores on Hollywood BLVD.

Is it possible to see pg.3?

I just can't do it. If I ever decide to sell the secret of page 3 will be a dynamite marketing tool.

:roflmao:

This is actually even funnier if you read October's answer and glance at his avatar.

GI_1.jpg

I am not a fan of cover signatures, but the size and placement of this one could make a believer of me. hm It's almost as if the original art was signed in this manner. (thumbs u