• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

To all the above books, a big hail.gif

I got these raw Hong Kong Phooeys in today smile.gif ........ i know.......big deal, but...

Hong Kong Phooey #2 - VF/NM

Hong Kong Phooey #3 - FN/VF

Hong Kong Phooey #4 - NM-

Hong Kong Phooey #5 - NM- file copy

Hong Kong Phooey #6 - VF/NM file copy

Hong Kong Phooey #7 - NM- file copy

Hong Kong Phooey #8 - NM-

All look good with my CGC #1 9.4 smile.gif

Just need a nice #9 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Just got this today, my first Golden Age book!

I always wanted to have at some point a Mac Raboy's Captain Marvel Jr. This one's a nice CGC 8.5 OW 893applaud-thumb.gif It's also a special book to me since my mother & father were both born in 03/1944...

cap-marvel-jr-17.jpg

One particularity: it was manufactured with only one staple, straight in the middle of the spine, the end result being that the spine is in tremendous shape!

Whoopps. foreheadslap.gif Darn you people and plastic cases. That book was meant to be read.

Yes I agree...does anybody knows if there is a reprint of the comic book works of Mac Raboy ?

...and regarding the one staple, i'm an insufficiently_thoughtful_person! looking at other CMJ, I did'nt see one with two staples so it was the norm back then! (probably because of the war effort)

One staple on Fawcett books are not uncommon. Far as reprints, I don't think there are any Alan Lights around but it is worth checking. You might be better off finding a low-grade reader of this one though.

Then perhaps not. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Edited by Timulty

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think you just turned me on to the Atom. I forgot just how cool all of his covers were!

dammit, Andy!

frustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.giffrustrated.gif

why not post some freaking cherry GLs, i ain't moving that way yet, you [embarrassing lack of self control my shiny white butt]!

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

27_laughing.gifflowerred.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I think you just turned me on to the Atom. I forgot just how cool all of his covers were!

dammit, Andy!

why not post some freaking cherry GLs, i ain't moving that way yet, you [embarrassing lack of self control my shiny white butt]!

893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

gl66.jpg

gl73.jpg

gl85.jpg

dammit, Andy!

poke2.gif

gl66.jpg

gl73.jpg

gl85.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I may just buy those too. gossip.gif

gaaawd i need a new scanner. this 4-in-1 sucks moose butt. these books have excellent colour and gloss, but you'd never know by looking at these pics

tec4389dj.jpg

tec4409by.jpg

bats2278cu.jpg

bats2241nk.jpg

dammit, Andy!

i can't believe i've never seen that GL #73 cover - VERY nice...........kinda like Avengers #57...........the Large figure in the reddish swirling mist........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

poke2.gif

gl66.jpg

gl73.jpg

gl85.jpg

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I may just buy those too. gossip.gif

Well, I finally got a comic that I've spent a few years looking for. It's "Superman and Wonderwoman: The Hidden Killer" anti-mine comic put out by Unicef for South America. It is sort of a follow up to the "Superman: Deadly Legacy" comic for Bosnian mine awareness. At least this second one was available in english. You don't run across them too often, and the fact that I got it for $1 makes it all the better.

ef_1.JPG

Well, I finally got a comic that I've spent a few years looking for. It's "Superman and Wonderwoman: The Hidden Killer" anti-mine comic put out by Unicef for South America. It is sort of a follow up to the "Superman: Deadly Legacy" comic for Bosnian mine awareness. At least this second one was available in english. You don't run across them too often, and the fact that I got it for $1 makes it all the better.

ef_1.JPG

Congrats! always nice to finally find a book you've been looking for. thumbsup2.gif

ef_1.JPG

Congrats! always nice to finally find a book you've been looking for. thumbsup2.gif

Nice price to , i paid $20 for my copy 893whatthe.gif

ef_1.JPG

That book is Da BOM!

(oh, sorry.)

Well after a busy of couple of months selling, I decided its been a long while and went to visit Mr Ted this weekend.

For those who have never been to Superworld, it like a mini con at his place. Just an amazing assortment of books, and highly suggest you drop by when in Boston. After going through some boxes, I pulled a few keepers for more collection, enjoy and I hope I dont bore you.

This one had amazing cover gloss, and just a sweet Doom cover:

th_hulk144.jpg

Also picked up a few more Marvels, all showed excellent gloss, with minor minor defects:

th_av116.jpgth_av118.jpgth_im25.jpg

I really liked this Cap cover

th_cap119.jpg

Now a few DCs:

Continuing to add to my Detective Comics run, I picked this one up:

th_dc405.jpg

I was inspired by October when he posted his copy, and picked one up. Again, a real cool cover with amazing gloss:

th_atom38.jpg

Of course buying DCs is never complete until you add a few Horror copies:

th_hos86.jpgth_wh3.jpgth_wh11.jpgth_wh17.jpg

This one was very sweet, and I think it has a real good shot for a HG

th_hos105.jpg

Not a GL fan, but this cover blew me away. My first GL book:

th_gl78.jpg

Last book I pulled was just a war book, and I really liked the cover:

th_gi151.jpg