• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,136 posts in this topic

Won this beauty last night. Can't wait to receive this one as I have been wanting a high grade copy with pages better than cream for a very long time. When it arrives I will upload a better scan. It is a 9.4 by the way. Thanks for letting me share.

1170457-showcase79.jpg

Scott

good God i want that book.

congrats on a nice pickup!

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Won this beauty last night. Can't wait to receive this one as I have been wanting a high grade copy with pages better than cream for a very long time. When it arrives I will upload a better scan. It is a 9.4 by the way. Thanks for letting me share.

1170457-showcase79.jpg

Scott

Thanks alot Sal! I have been wanting this book for awhile. I am not 100 percent certain, but I think this may have been one of the only books Jay Scott Pike ever did. Too bad as he was definitely a talented artist as the cover indicates.

Pedigree has had one with cream colored pages on their site for awhile for 300. I got this one with off-white pages for a little less than that which i feel is a good deal considering there are only 4 9.4's in the census and three 9.6's. None of these ever come up for sale as they are like me and intend on keeping it in their permanent collections. Once it arrives and if it looks as sharp as the bigger scan I have, it might get the re-submit treatment with the hopes for a 9.6 as it might get the old label boost alot of books seem to get. Have to see and wait though. wink.gif

Scott

1170457-showcase79.jpg

Scott

Thanks alot Sal! I have been wanting this book for awhile. I am not 100 percent certain, but I think this may have been one of the only books Jay Scott Pike ever did. Too bad as he was definitely a talented artist as the cover indicates.

Pedigree has had one with cream colored pages on their site for awhile for 300. I got this one with off-white pages for a little less than that which i feel is a good deal considering there are only 4 9.4's in the census and three 9.6's. None of these ever come up for sale as they are like me and intend on keeping it in their permanent collections. Once it arrives and if it looks as sharp as the bigger scan I have, it might get the re-submit treatment with the hopes for a 9.6 as it might get the old label boost alot of books seem to get. Have to see and wait though. wink.gif

Scott

Pike did a lot of stuff for Atlas in the 50s. Nothing like that though. Great book!

I am not 100 percent certain, but I think this may have been one of the only books Jay Scott Pike ever did. Too bad as he was definitely a talented artist as the cover indicates.

Pike had a longer career than you think. He was interviewed in Alter Ego 52 if you want to know more about him.

Here's his list of credit from Jerry Bails' Project - +JAY'>Jay Scott Pike 893crossfingers-thumb.gif the link works.

I am not 100 percent certain, but I think this may have been one of the only books Jay Scott Pike ever did. Too bad as he was definitely a talented artist as the cover indicates.

Pike had a longer career than you think. He was interviewed in Alter Ego 52 if you want to know more about him.

Here's his list of credit from Jerry Bails' Project - +JAY'>Jay Scott Pike 893crossfingers-thumb.gif the link works.

Thanks for the heads up guys. That is why I love these boards as they can be truly educational (when they want to be). I was not familiar with his other work at all. thumbsup2.gif

Scott

st3label2ze.jpg

st3fc2ze.jpg

What's up with the cream pages? 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Ask Heritage. They've been flooding the market with 9.4 and 9.6 copies of this book. sorry.gif

Hey Silver. That was my vote for the best cover of the silver age! Beautiful.

I took a trip to a comic book shop today and was able to pick up one of my grails. Not high grade, but still a very pretty copy of a book that I don't see very often.

— Rick

1175751-Superman100sF.jpg

1175751-Superman100sF.jpg.98fdb4cc9feaf720ff775bf7bd927c92.jpg