• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

Dude, where are you shopping at. Because I need to be there. Do they have any SSWS(Enemy Ace issues) in NM? Nice looking book from the scan.

Comic says the Great Escape....and his location is Tennessee....so I'd say the Great Escape in Nashville. It is one of the best comic stores I have ever been to, and highly recommended.

Hey Silver. That was my vote for the best cover of the silver age! Beautiful.

I took a trip to a comic book shop today and was able to pick up one of my grails. Not high grade, but still a very pretty copy of a book that I don't see very often.

— Rick

1175751-Superman100sF.jpg

That's a beautiful book! Love those DC greens! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I took a trip to a comic book shop today and was able to pick up one of my grails. Not high grade, but still a very pretty copy of a book that I don't see very often.

— Rick

That's a beautiful book! Love those DC greens! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I just got that same Superman at Wizard World LA a couple of weeks ago. Bedrock City had three copies: 1 with color touch, one in G and the one I got, F-.

— Rick

I'm not a SuperMan fan but that looks like a cool book. SS#4 was a clear #1 choice for me as well.

When I was a kid my friend and I would skateboard about 5 miles to the only shop in town that had any back issues (a bookstore) and drool over the stuff. One day they got a huge SA DC collection - all VGish stuff and we spent ALL of our money there over the next year or so. The books I remember most were Metal Men 2-10, but I never got a #1.

Years later, another shop opened up run by some fat sow with a terrible attitude (typical bad comicshop owner - snooty, hooked on anime & RPGs) and the only book of interest she had was a Metal Men #1 - about GVG. I asked her the price and she said she had a friend who was coming in to grade all her back issues. I waited a month and came back and asked here if she had a price and she said no. I offered her VG guide and she told me to, "watch my instant gratification". I left and never patronized her shop again. She went out of business within a year.

Today I got this bad boy in, so to you mrs. comicshop owner: up yours you porky mouth-breathin dumplin. yay.gif

1178142-metalmen1.jpg

1178142-metalmen1.jpg.bebbf6471363baf47cdf7391ca543151.jpg

Edited by buttock