• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,135 posts in this topic

...AWESOME!!,..I suppose you already know that awkward yellow splash that says "80 Page Giant",..was to cover the word "Giant",..it was originally suppose to be Giant Superman Annual #9 and the DC house adds actually show the coming attractions as that,..it was changed to 80 Page Giant #1 at the last minute before it went to print,...

eBay purchases, just arrived...

80pggiant1.jpg

This just came in...don't see this book that often, and I was lucky enough to snag the "D" Crippen copy:

SupMag2v3.jpg

Fits nicely into my growing collection of anti-Asian propaganda covers:

Close up of Chump:

SupMag2v3Chump.jpg

Close up of Chimp (looks like Rocketeer's avatar 893scratchchin-thumb.gif):

SupMag2v3Chimp.jpg

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

This just came in...don't see this book that often, and I was lucky enough to snag the "D" Crippen copy:

SupMag2v3.jpg

Fits nicely into my growing collection of anti-Asian propaganda covers:

Close up of Chump:

SupMag2v3Chump.jpg

Close up of Chimp (looks like Rocketeer's avatar 893scratchchin-thumb.gif):

SupMag2v3Chimp.jpg

..that has to be the most horrific propaganda cover I've ever seen,... blush.gif

..that has to be the most horrific propaganda cover I've ever seen,... blush.gif

Yeah, if for no other reason than to encourage all of the boys and girls to turn the Jap into a Monkey. foreheadslap.gif

Wow. That's incredible and I've never seen that cover before. I am also interested in some of the WW II racist propaganda covers. They are amazing cultural snapshots.

I finally started my golden age collection this past week. For my first, I went with a Raboy war cover and a pedigree to boot. One down, many more to go ...

master42.jpg

Congratulations Joe! Welcome to the fold! thumbsup2.gif

I finally started my golden age collection this past week. For my first, I went with a Raboy war cover and a pedigree to boot. One down, many more to go ...

master42.jpg

Congratulations Joe! Welcome to the fold! thumbsup2.gif

... get out while you can poke2.gif

currently the oldest comic in my collection

WhizComics38CGC7.jpg

I like covers that make it appear that the pages are being flipped back -- it's like an invitation to read the comic! cloud9.gif

Jeff, the focus of that particular part of your collection would make a great article. You should write one up, if the topic hasn't been covered before.....

Brad

I know I own several GA books that could benefit from a Press. But they are sitting in old label holders, and quite frankly, are just fine the way they are. cloud9.gif