• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,148 posts in this topic

A whole bunch of packages arrived in the mail today, and as I was frantically opening them all hoping to find this one. I got a really great deal from a forumite on this book. Thanks dmobly ( spelling? sry :P ) for the super deal.

batman227.jpg

Other ton of books arrived but these ones were of most interest to me. I have basically every issue published of Red Sonja's appearances on cover or story now except for the dumb retailer incentives blah blah which I am gathering as they come so now I'm branching out to parodies of her. Naturally the first book I had to get was Howard the Duck #1's cover. Also Cerebus did a great job with a character named 'Red Sonia' the actual Cerebus books are still enroute on mail but the graphic novel came in today w/ her on the cover.

htd1.jpg

socn.jpg

The Red Sonja on the cover of Howard the Duck #1 reminds me of the women Esteban Maroto would draw.

It's that funky seventies eye-shadow. Black-eye chic or something.

I can't find a pic of what I mean. This is all I could come up with.

Maroto's Dracula book by Warren knocked me out with the colors.

marotoDraculaMagazineCovers.jpg

marotodracula02.jpg

maroto_esteban_alma-from-dr.jpg

Here's his Red Sonja.

MarotoSonja.jpg

Edited by BLAM_BLAM_BLAM

The Red Sonja on the cover of Howard the Duck #1 reminds me of the women Esteban Maroto would draw.

It's that funky seventies eye-shadow. Black-eye chic or something.

I can't find a pic of what I mean. This is all I could come up with.

Maroto's Dracula book by Warren knocked me out with the colors.

marotoDraculaMagazineCovers.jpg

marotodracula02.jpg

maroto_esteban_alma-from-dr.jpg

Here's his Red Sonja.

MarotoSonja.jpg

OOh, that's pretty cool.

Just picked up today!! I was looking at these magazines for almost 6 months but was unwilling to pay the high price. Today the owner decides to sell them to me at a really cheap price. He says "Hard to sell whether he is dead or alive!" frown.gif

scan0006-3.jpg