• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,143 posts in this topic

Negro Romance #1 stupid myslabbedcomics making me buy comics

IMG_0001_zpsfd39eb4d.jpg

IMG_0002_zpsf0f8f65f.jpg

Was this the one that PBS did a documentary about with Prof. Bill Foster?

Yes! That documentary is what sparked my interest with this book!

Crimebuster was my backup raffle Santa, and he pulled through with amazing results!

12915442803_76af8be5f1_z.jpg

I've always loved Rex W. Lindsay. Jughead (as many of you know) is my favorite Archie character. When I opened the package I was floored, and for good reason! I love it, I'm even getting it framed!

Happy to have gotten this before the prices go any higher. Strange Tales is the first title that I began collecting when I started back in the hobby, so this is a great addition to completing that run.

8NGho4nl.jpg

Congratulations David! That's a nice looking copy!smiley-gen130.gif

bought this here on the boards for hella cheap.

Cardy cover with WHITE pages? (I didn't even notice PQ when I bought it)

IMG_24201_zps1be54a5e.jpg

I'm getting this signed by Vinny Chase and Mandy Moore

Edited by Revat

As a valiant fan I am geeking out. I posted this in the art forum but...

I took home the Solar 11 Page from last week off eBay. I really wanted this page as it had a few things going for it.

• My favorite valiant character has always been Eternal Warrior.
    Pre Unity Valiant Art
  • Page comes from the second appearance of the Eternal Warrior which storyline in
  • Solar that introduces the character.
  • There were a few problems from in the listing and the seller had the notes wrong on this piece as well. I had recently inquired about another page from this issue and was quoted a price of about $2000 because Ditko had his hand on the page. The auction listed the piece as being done by penciller David Lapham and inker Gonzalo Mayo. However, the piece was really done by Steve Ditko doing the breakdown pencils, Ted Halsted on finishing pencils and Gonzalo Mayo doing the inks. It may not be a silver age Spiderman page, but Ditko worked on the page containing one of the earliest appearances of my favorite Valiant character. All of this for 1/5th the price I was quoted.
  • Yes I am pleased as this was always a valiant grail piece for me.

90A5EB21-A5FE-46FA-9D95-47B769F79E20.jpg