• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,200 posts in this topic

I just won this in the recent Jerry Weist auction on eBay.....may he rest in peace. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

BLACKRIDER1.jpg

A Special Book

.....Only a dealer like Jerry could turn up stuff like this. All of his recent auctions have been attributed to a single long term collector....I've wondered if maybe Jerry, himself, was that collector. Now I have to decide whether to de-slab it....it sure would look sharp in a mylar and to let it breathe....like the fine Wines that Weist also collected. GOD BLESS....

P.S. "The Million Year Picnic" .....what a concept. I still get a total charge out of his ads in the earlier OSPG's where he's holding an armful of multiple copies of Batman 1, Superman 1, Cap 1, and so on and so on. :cloud9:

Interesting theory about his books Jim. I was watching some of his auctions end tonight. There were some really nice books, wish I could have picked up a couple.

I just won this in the recent Jerry Weist auction on eBay.....may he rest in peace. GOD BLESS...

BLACKRIDER1.jpg

A Special Book

.....Only a dealer like Jerry could turn up stuff like this. All of his recent auctions have been attributed to a single long term collector....I've wondered if maybe Jerry, himself, was that collector. Now I have to decide whether to de-slab it....it sure would look sharp in a mylar and to let it breathe....like the fine Wines that Weist also collected. GOD BLESS....

P.S. "The Million Year Picnic" .....what a concept. I still get a total charge out of his ads in the earlier OSPG's where he's holding an armful of multiple copies of Batman 1, Superman 1, Cap 1, and so on and so on. :cloud9:

Interesting theory about his books Jim. I was watching some of his auctions end tonight. There were some really nice books, wish I could have picked up a couple.

I get as excited over new Jerry Weist auctions as much as anything the big houses put on.....always stuff you just NEVER see. I hope he and Billy Gaines have themselves barricaded in God's Wine cellar right about now. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

Straight from the Boston show:

This PEP is structurally great, and I don't usually look at books w/ tanning pages or covers, but for some reason I just can't find this title from this period in anything close to this condition. I've asked around, and that seems to be most Archie collectors experiences (I had two dealers tell me this was a "tough" book).

Oh, another great Harry Lucey cover

CCF05012011_00002.jpg

A nice SA Archie out of a $3 box:

CCF05012011_00001.jpg

And an unread Gold Key Digest for a couple of bucks:

CCF05012011_00000.jpg

Wish I actually had more than 15 minutes to hunt.

BLACKRIDER1.jpg

A Special Book

I get as excited over new Jerry Weist auctions as much as anything the big houses put on.....always stuff you just NEVER see. I hope he and Billy Gaines have themselves barricaded in God's Wine cellar right about now. GOD BLESS...

Hey Jimbo,

I'm glad you finally got a nice copy of BLACK RIDER RIDES AGAIN! That sure us a nice copy (not as nice as mine ;) but a nice copy!

Bill

like I said, this book is downright rare; but for you, I could sell it, it would need to be a strong offer, so feel free to suggest a number and I could be persuaded to let it go, but only for you :baiting:

like I said, this book is downright rare; but for you, I could sell it, it would need to be a strong offer, so feel free to suggest a number and I could be persuaded to let it go, but only for you :baiting:

That was some of my Stoogesque humor. :kidaround: The CGC label say to "Flip Book" Nyuk, Nyuck, Nyuck!

Edited by Junkdrawer

That was some of my Stoogesque humor. :kidaround: The CGC label say to "Flip Book" Nyuk, Nyuck, Nyuck!

I know, mine was supposed to be soogesque as well; I guess to complete the flip though I should have thrown in that the pages are Snow Bone White in this unread gem; how this did not get a 9.9 is beyond me! etc etc etc

I know, mine was supposed to be soogesque as well; I guess to complete the flip though I should have thrown in that the pages are Snow Bone White in this unread gem; how this did not get a 9.9 is beyond me! etc etc etc

Perhaps it was graded by those 3 new guys at CGC :kidaround:

Not comics, but comic-related.

I purchased two boxes of Marvel 70th anniversary cards and received the first two sketch cards of Spider-Man and Hellcat.

I got the Ant-Man sketch card on ebay. :cloud9:

05-03-2011074434PM.jpg

What a great week it's turning out to be and this baby arrived today. :cloud9:

Hulk181CGC90DS.jpg

A few from last week.

WWT12NM-.jpg

Thor182NM-.jpg

A Mass Pedigree

Batman24894MassPed.jpg

PhantomStranger8NM-.jpg

Avengers122.jpg

Nice books Fay! :applause: