• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,062 posts in this topic

Some recent ebay purchases. Much closer to finishing up my set! Now if someone would just cough up one of the 2 9.8 graded copies of #2, I could be done!

2wd7e6t.jpg

Some recent ebay purchases. Much closer to finishing up my set! Now if someone would just cough up one of the 2 9.8 graded copies of #2, I could be done!

2wd7e6t.jpg

Fantastic books :applause:

Not many of those beauties come up for sale often. Congrats on getting these books.

GArFxhh.jpg

I was lucky enough to be gifted as a birthday present my first set of comics since I began collecting again. It is a set of the Infinity Gauntlet. My plan is to send the #1 to CGC to be graded. Thanks to my buddy Mini Con!

Edited by Nerdface Killah

0Eh497X.jpg?1

I was lucky enough to be gifted my first set of comics since I began collecting again. It is a set of the Infinity Gauntlet. My plan is to send the #1 to CGC to be graded. Thanks to my buddy Mini Con!

Welcome to posting on the boards Nerdface Killah! Formah Lurkah!

I have no idea how that name wasn't taken before. :insane:

2wd7e6t.jpg

Fantastic books :applause:

Not many of those beauties come up for sale often. Congrats on getting these books.

Thanks! I'm delighted to have them. #2 is the one that's giving me fits. Only two 9.8's in the census. I missed one of them when it was on ebay,. I was hoping the high sale price (over $400 I think?) would help shake a few loose in the wild, but the census hasn't moved.

Oh well, gives me something to hunt!

When I saw this cover, I thought of two ways in which this is a 'pre-hero' appearance.

1) Obviously the character Ice Man, pre-dates the character in the original X-Men #1 (1963).

2) Man found in block of ice, pre-dates the discovery of Captain America by the Avengers in Avengers #4.

So I bought the book, from Heritage a few weeks ago.

mysterytales38fr_zpsshdrlosw.jpg