• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,062 posts in this topic

One of my favorite dealers, Gene Carpenter, was in town this week. I see him every year at the Williamsburg Film Festival and he always has some sick GA books...... he was showing me some Platinum Age books that looked like they were just picked up at the newsstand yesterday. The prices are always double guide or more (on the nicer stuff) but he has those books you just won't see anywhere else. He's the only comic guy there.....and he has thousands of movie and TV related comics... most are very high grade. He had a Green Hornet 1 with the Bruce Lee photo cover that looked brand new. He had a copy of Ghost Rider 3 with the Frazetta exploding train cover that had to be at least 9.0 @ $ 1800......I was tempted....but that's a lot for just a cool cover. A neat show, it's got an emphasis on western flicks and just boatloads of western comics. I bought a matted photo of Jack Nicholson as the joker with his autograph from an autograph dealer for 75 bucks..... it's super cool. He has autographs from folks like Geronimo, Custer, Sitting Bull, Frank James, and just about any vintage celebrity you could think of. He had Hendrix, Hank Williams (senior), John Wayne,..The guy who played Mark on The Rifleman was there...... but he refuses to sign copies of Rifleman 10 lol ...can't say I blame him. Another guy was there who will take your face and put it on any comic cover of your choosing for less than 10 bucks.... he was very busy. It's a real neat break from a typical Comic Con. My friend Lewis turned me on to this show and was there again this year.... braving the Ice, Snow, and Wind.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

FORBIDDEN%20LOVE%2010002.jpg

FIGHT%20200002.jpg

JOURNEY%20INTO%20UNKNOWN%20WORLDS%20130001.jpg

JOURNEY%20INTO%20UNKNOWN%20WORLDS%20260002.jpg

JOURNEY%20INTO%20UNKNOWN%20WORLDS%20280002.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

One of my favorite dealers, Gene Carpenter, was in town this week. I see him every year at the Williamsburg Film Festival and he always has some sick GA books...... he was showing me some Platinum Age books that looked like they were just picked up at the newsstand yesterday. The prices are always double guide or more (on the nicer stuff) but he has those books you just won't see anywhere else. He's the only comic guy there.....and he has thousands of movie and TV related comics... most are very high grade. He had a Green Hornet 1 with the Bruce Lee photo cover that looked brand new. He had a copy of Ghost Rider 3 with the Frazetta exploding train cover that had to be at least 9.0 @ $ 1800......I was tempted....but that's a lot for just a cool cover. A neat show, it's got an emphasis on western flicks and just boatloads of western comics. I bought a matted photo of Jack Nicholson as the joker with his autograph from an autograph dealer for 75 bucks..... it's super cool. He has autographs from folks like Geronimo, Custer, Sitting Bull, Frank James, and just about any vintage celebrity you could think of. He had Hendrix, Hank Williams (senior), John Wayne,..The guy who played Mark on The Rifleman was there...... but he refuses to sign copies of Rifleman 10 lol ...can't say I blame him. Another guy was there who will take your face and put it on any comic cover of your choosing for less than 10 bucks.... he was very busy. It's a real neat break from a typical Comic Con. GOD BLESS...

FIGHT%20200002.jpg

Those are some keepers Jimbo!

took my daughter to the one and only LCS here to buy her something. Ended up Looking through a long box of BA Avengers. Picked this up for $10. Nothing ground breaking but still fun to find.

FC45140A-BE9B-4508-97EC-F5BB60E4283F.jpg

Ive been looking for a decent copy that didnt break the bank. Found it!

SS4_zpsqrlpbmql.jpg

NICE....... Back in the 90's when I was doing shows I had a buddy named Les who helped us out. He collected Silver Surfer 4....... just that book. He'd get one when he saw it.... it really is a powerful book. GOD BLESS...

One of my favorite dealers, Gene Carpenter, was in town this week. I see him every year at the Williamsburg Film Festival and he always has some sick GA books...... he was showing me some Platinum Age books that looked like they were just picked up at the newsstand yesterday. The prices are always double guide or more (on the nicer stuff) but he has those books you just won't see anywhere else. He's the only comic guy there.....and he has thousands of movie and TV related comics... most are very high grade. He had a Green Hornet 1 with the Bruce Lee photo cover that looked brand new. He had a copy of Ghost Rider 3 with the Frazetta exploding train cover that had to be at least 9.0 @ $ 1800......I was tempted....but that's a lot for just a cool cover. A neat show, it's got an emphasis on western flicks and just boatloads of western comics. I bought a matted photo of Jack Nicholson as the joker with his autograph from an autograph dealer for 75 bucks..... it's super cool. He has autographs from folks like Geronimo, Custer, Sitting Bull, Frank James, and just about any vintage celebrity you could think of. He had Hendrix, Hank Williams (senior), John Wayne,..The guy who played Mark on The Rifleman was there...... but he refuses to sign copies of Rifleman 10 lol ...can't say I blame him. Another guy was there who will take your face and put it on any comic cover of your choosing for less than 10 bucks.... he was very busy. It's a real neat break from a typical Comic Con. GOD BLESS...

FIGHT%20200002.jpg

Those are some keepers Jimbo!

Indeed!

Ive been looking for a decent copy that didnt break the bank. Found it!

SS4_zpsqrlpbmql.jpg

NICE....... Back in the 90's when I was doing shows I had a buddy named Les who helped us out. He collected Silver Surfer 4....... just that book. He'd get one when he saw it.... it really is a powerful book. GOD BLESS...

That is a nice looking copy. What do you estimate grade to be?

What did I pick up at the Carbo show? Like I said elsewhere, nothing crazy. Thought about doing a GA book, but I am looking for something specific that I will probably make a play for this summer.

Notable pickup of the day is the Larry Hama sketch and something that is not pictured. I asked Hama to sign a copy of GI Joe 21 and sent it off to Sarasota to spend the next several months.

The page of art was offered at a price I could not refuse as it was purchased from the artist. It comes from Spider-man Unlimited Vol 3 #5. 6th page of the second story (or Page 17)

BampB57.jpg

MS32a.jpg

Strange%20Adventures%20159.jpg

ASM701.jpg

ASM704-1.jpg

SWDE4Plat.jpg

ASM533.jpg

ASM534.jpg

ASM535.jpg

ASM365a.jpg

ASM365b.jpg

ASM365c.jpg

Snake%20Eyes%20by%20Larry%20Hama%202015-03-7%20Big%20Apple%20Show.jpg

Spiderman%20Unlimited%20Vol3%20Issue%205%20Page%2017.jpg

I've owned two nicer copies of this book before. My OO copy that was a straight sub 9.6 and a 9.4 that I sold on these boards a few years ago for what now seems like 7.0 prices. :cry:

This one is getting graded soon. :wishluck:

4D63766C-41AA-42C9-B432-36FFF5F6B2E5.jpg

I've owned two nicer copies of this book before. My OO copy that was a straight sub 9.6 and a 9.4 that I sold on these boards a few years ago for what now seems like 7.0 prices. :cry:

This one is getting graded soon. :wishluck:

4D63766C-41AA-42C9-B432-36FFF5F6B2E5.jpg

Wow that is a sweet looking raw copy. :cloud9: