• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,048 posts in this topic

Looks like the place to buy Parrillo covers is in comic stores and not online. Those are great prices, especially for Vampirella #19, which usually range between $50 and $100 now depending n condition. That being said, I just won a 5 copy lot for Parrillo's virgin Venom 161 comics.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.ee0f98c7d4856d24eeb7513a6eba22e7.jpg

And best of all, eBay allowed me to use the 20% off coupon they had going that supposedly expired at 8AM this morning. Why a company would stop a promotion at 8AM on a particular day makes absolutely no sense to me. Thankfully, I had taken a screnshot of the promotion:

5ab9682d55fb2_eBayCoupon.thumb.png.a4458d9f60969cfd946f706faf11e466.png

And as you can clearly see, it says the promotion is good though March 26th, not good until 8Am on March 26th. So after sending eBay a copy of this screenshot and spending about 20 minutes on the phone, they wound up honoring the coupon, which gave me $17 off the total cost of the auction. So I got each copy for just under $14 piece. Not bad considering most are selling for $35-$50+.

Edited by OrangeCrush

14 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Looks like the place to buy Parrillo covers is in comic stores and not online. Those are great prices, especially for Vampirella #19, which usually range between $50 and $100 now depending n condition. That being said, I just won a 5 copy lot for Parrillo's virgin Venom 161 comics.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.ee0f98c7d4856d24eeb7513a6eba22e7.jpg

And best of all, eBay allowed me to use the 20% off coupon they had going that supposedly expired at 8AM this morning. Why a company would stop a promotion at 8AM on a particular day makes absolutely no sense to me. Thankfully, I had taken a screnshot of the promotion:

5ab9682d55fb2_eBayCoupon.thumb.png.a4458d9f60969cfd946f706faf11e466.png

And as you can clearly see, it says the promotion is good though March 26th, not good until 8Am on March 26th. So after sending eBay a copy of this screenshot and spending about 20 minutes on the phone, they wound up honoring the coupon, which gave me $17 off the total cost of the auction. So I got each copy for just under $14 piece. Not bad considering most are selling for $35-$50+.

It wasn't supposed to be usable for comics ??? that's weird, but good for you I guess.... thanks for letting the rest of us know :baiting:haha

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It wasn't supposed to be usable for comics ??? that's weird, but good for you I guess.... thanks for letting the rest of us know :baiting:haha

Wow, guess I really did get lucky. Maybe I got a customer service rep that didn't know what they were doing or maybe they looked at the ridiculous amount of stuff I buy on eBay and figured $17 bucks just wasn't a big issue in regards to making a long term customer that spends a lot of money happy. 

8 hours ago, greggy said:

Cerebus1.jpg
DarkHorsePresents1.jpg
DarkKnightReturns1.jpg
DarkKnightReturns2.jpg
DD254.jpg
DD257.jpg
NewTeenTitans2c.jpg
Punisher1.jpg
TeenTitans12.jpg
TMNT3.jpg
Xmen103.jpg
Xmen160.jpg

I always enjoy Greggy's pickups (so much sweet copper goodness) but kicking it off with the Cerebus 1 was a real "wow" moment. Nice! 

15 minutes ago, greggy said:

No, direct sales....it says right there :baiting:

Then who cares? Modern drek. :roflmao:Like the Cerebus though. Like the Cerebus very very much.

On 3/23/2018 at 9:49 AM, djpinkpanther67 said:

My lone target and win in the CC auction 

2 books remaining to complete the 25c picture frame set

1D936C8A-EC1D-4D5B-8644-7D76B75D3310.jpeg

Beeeautiful copy!! Awesome pickup,  Congratulations!! :applause: