• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,078 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2024 at 9:09 PM, William-James88 said:

I have Heritage Auction hold my wins until I have enough for the shipping to Canada to be worthwhile. So I wait years to get these books finally in their new home. Got 7 lots in today, lots of Golden Age books, and made a video to savor the event.

The highlights are in the thumbnail (first Captain Marvel Jr and first Mary Marvel).

Awesome books. 
invest in a utility knife. It’ll make opening boxes much easier.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:09 PM, William-James88 said:

I have Heritage Auction hold my wins until I have enough for the shipping to Canada to be worthwhile. So I wait years to get these books finally in their new home. Got 7 lots in today, lots of Golden Age books, and made a video to savor the event.

The highlights are in the thumbnail (first Captain Marvel Jr and first Mary Marvel).

Very interesting video, after such a long wait I can see the excitement. I remember your last video years ago, glad you took the time because this one seemed a long time coming. Glad for your purchases as I've often told people this is what my dad born in 1940 remembers, and I got him a modern Shazam to read from 1976 or whatever. I've often seen the 40's editions at stores, but he hasn't got the bug yet 😂 

Glad that you afforded shipping finally, and it's understandable about cgc, worse case scenario ship them back to heritage.

For now I'm sure you're glad to have them, most looked in sturdy shape for a read if there aren't reprints somewhere, but I'm sure you've thought that through already lol

Anyway thanks for taking the time to do the video! ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/5/2024 at 10:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Very interesting video, after such a long wait I can see the excitement. I remember your last video years ago, glad you took the time because this one seemed a long time coming. Glad for your purchases as I've often told people this is what my dad born in 1940 remembers, and I got him a modern Shazam to read from 1976 or whatever. I've often seen the 40's editions at stores, but he hasn't got the bug yet 😂 

Glad that you afforded shipping finally, and it's understandable about cgc, worse case scenario ship them back to heritage.

For now I'm sure you're glad to have them, most looked in sturdy shape for a read if there aren't reprints somewhere, but I'm sure you've thought that through already lol

Anyway thanks for taking the time to do the video! ^^

Yup it was a really long time coming. And all these years I had no clue if that Captain Marvel Adventures 25 looked good or not. But it turned out to be the best looking of the bunch so I am overjoyed. Thank you so much for you comment and thanks to all the wonderful people here for letting me share my love and passion with you.

On 4/1/2024 at 8:19 AM, Cushing Fan said:

Added this key Capt America over the weekend.  The best CGC .5 I have ever seen and just couldn't pass it up for the price. Used to have a low grade raw copy many years ago so it's nice to have a copy back in the collection. 

1000012224.jpg

1000012225.jpg

Beauty of a 0.5‼️👍❤️