• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,146 posts in this topic

Another addition to my Kirby Fourth World run.

Scott

MisterMiracle12.1.jpg

MisterMiracle12.2.jpg

How are those are reads? Ive got The New Gods trade coming. Ive always been intrigued by that series.

Nice pickup Scott

Pretty good read; great art throughout. As great an artist as Kirby was, his dialogue writing wasn't his strong suit. That being said, New Gods/Mister Miracle/Jimmy Olsen Fourth World stroyline is a classic. You just have to put up with the Forever People to complete it doh!

what a coinkedink. i just got a package from Bob, as well. here are my two fave's

showcase79.jpg

MGA81.jpg

You have incredibly good taste Marc...as always. Doc Watson can verify my love for the Showcase 79. lol

The Doom Patrols are some of my favorite Silver Age reads. Super cool books.

Scott

Arex, I love the Fourth World books alot. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by the New Gods tpb. One of my old friends back in Greensboro did the grey tones in it-- Jim Amash. Issue 7, The Pact, is a true classic and one of Kirby's best ever. He thought so himself. It was/is Kirby's version of a modern mythology and I am sad to see it end with the current Death of the New Gods series by Starlin. I am buying and reading it, but that doesn't mean I have to like the ramifications. All of the series are alot of fun, New Gods, MM, Forever People, and the Jimmy Olsen issues. The Olsen's contained the first appearance of Darkseid, one of the greatest villians in the history of comics. His use of the Anti-Life Equation in issue 11 of New Gods was truly "medieval". Good stuff brother.

Scott

shwcs42.jpg

wow, very nice looking 7.0. :applause:

Thanks (thumbs u

In all honesty, its not the most exciting of titles...TOMMY TOMORROW did'nt exactly set the world alight, in fact he's strictly YESTERDAY.

However this book was dirt cheap, and I do collect Showcase, so thought I'd post it TODAY.

Edited by Goonchild

Finally for today.

Another TV series I can just about remember...with the immensely good looking Efrem Zimbalist Jr., who was a real heart throb with the Mums over here I recall.

Interesting connection is that he is the 'english' voice behind Alfred in my favourite take on the Batman mythology over any medium, i.e. BATMAN ANIMATED by WB

fc1066.jpg

These characters have to be the definition of 60's 'hip'

Edited by Goonchild