• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,157 posts in this topic

This beauty just arrived from Blazing Bob.....

That is a beauty Casey! Congratulations! Is that going to place you #1 in the X-men #1 through #300 Registry?

Not even close, Ghost Town is wayyyyy ahead of me. But If I have to be second, I couldn't think of better person to be second too.

These came today

From 1959

SHOWCASE 20

1st RIP HUNTER

Scan10080.jpg

Good catch! It can't be easy to find nice copies of that book. I'd love to complete my run with a copy of it some day. Do you also have all the Showcase Sea Devils?

Nicest 6.5 I've ever seen.

also this...

From 1957 #1 issue

I love PHIL SILVERS & the BILKO Series, so when I saw this I had to have it.

4.5 but looks better

2955_1.jpg

Woo hoo!

You're the only other person (besides myself) that I can recall posting a Sgt Bilko book on the boards. Celebrity humor may be the least popular genre here. Yeah, once again, I don't have #1. Do you have both runs (including Pvt. Doberman)?

Nicest 4.5 I've ever seen. ;)

Jack

These came today

From 1959

SHOWCASE 20

1st RIP HUNTER

Scan10080.jpg

Good catch! It can't be easy to find nice copies of that book. I'd love to complete my run with a copy of it some day. Do you also have all the Showcase Sea Devils?

Nicest 6.5 I've ever seen.

also this...

From 1957 #1 issue

I love PHIL SILVERS & the BILKO Series, so when I saw this I had to have it.

4.5 but looks better

2955_1.jpg

Woo hoo!

You're the only other person (besides myself) that I can recall posting a Sgt Bilko book on the boards. Celebrity humor may be the least popular genre here. Yeah, once again, I don't have #1. Do you have both runs (including Pvt. Doberman)?

Nicest 4.5 I've ever seen. ;)

Jack

Hi Jack.

Thanks for your comments :foryou:

As regards Sea Devils...I bought a 1st appearance copy a coupla' weeks ago...so that's on the way, and I'll put it up when its here.

As regards Bilko #1. I think there are 4 copies registered by CGC.

I was lucky to get this, this is my first Bilko/Doberman issue from either title since I started collecting again.

Many years ago I had a few copies (not #1) in raw in the pre-CGC days...can't remember what happened to 'em (shrug)

Edited by Goonchild