• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,071 posts in this topic

And (the first time this book has ever been seen in a scan....)

Tales to Astonish #80 Green River. (I won't be posting these in my sig.) With thanks to boardmember frankiecastle. :hi:

tta80big.jpg

And (the first time this book has ever been seen in a scan....)

Tales to Astonish #80 Green River. (I won't be posting these in my sig.) With thanks to boardmember frankiecastle. :hi:

tta80big.jpg

Awesome cover!

Two night ago I saw a biography on Garry Ridgway(?sp)

A very twisted individual to say the least.

Was he the original collector of the Green River books or his brother?

Neither. No relation at all. The OO was a suspect at one point, but was cleared.

Two night ago I saw a biography on Garry Ridgway(?sp)

A very twisted individual to say the least.

Was he the original collector of the Green River books or his brother?

Neither. No relation at all. The OO was a suspect at one point, but was cleared.

Thanks for the info! (thumbs u

The dealer that I bought the Batman Annual from has about four more Green Rivers sitting in plain sight on the internet. Once I get a little more cash, I'll move on them and post them here. :hi:

The dealer that I bought the Batman Annual from has about four more Green Rivers sitting in plain sight on the internet. Once I get a little more cash, I'll move on them and post them here. :hi:

What identifies Green Rivers?

I do not mind competing.

I remember when i won the GR DD#10 CGC 9.2 on eBay (at the end of the year 2005).

I was aware that Brad was the GR collector but i also wanted a few ped books for my high grade DD collection (i already had Western PA, Winnipeg, Curator & Oakland copies).

So i won the GR book. And i didn't know at this time what was the eBay's id of Brad, and that i was bidding against him.

Brad congratulated me for the win. All is said.

And if one day i must sell it, Brad will be the first i'll talk to.

(i didn't forget that it's Brad who PMed me in 2004 when he was selling the Curator copy of DD #39).

Oh and btw, this is my 3000th post :acclaim:

I do not mind competing.

I remember when i won the GR DD#10 CGC 9.2 on eBay (at the end of the year 2005).

I was aware that Brad was the GR collector but i also wanted a few ped books for my high grade DD collection (i already had Western PA, Winnipeg, Curator & Oakland copies).

So i won the GR book. And i didn't know at this time what was the eBay's id of Brad, and that i was bidding against him.

Brad congratulated me for the win. All is said.

And if one day i must sell it, Brad will be the first i'll talk to.

(i didn't forget that it's Brad who PMed me in 2004 when he was selling the Curator copy of DD #39).

Oh and btw, this is my 3000th post :acclaim:

Congrats, Dave. And thank you! (thumbs u

I'd be happy to go into the details of how he requested my high bid on that one book that he said he'd step aside on. I reluctantly gave him that information, and he used it to throw in a monster last second snipe and ultimately pay about four times what the book was worth.

That is a class-A move right there. You're being a lot more restrained than I would be, were our positions reversed.