• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
50 50

61,071 posts in this topic

I'd be happy to go into the details of how he requested my high bid on that one book that he said he'd step aside on. I reluctantly gave him that information, and he used it to throw in a monster last second snipe and ultimately pay about four times what the book was worth.

That is a class-A move right there. You're being a lot more restrained than I would be, were our positions reversed.

No kidding. If someone bamboozled me like that I would make sure every boardmember knew about it. That's underhanded, furtive and dastardly!

I'd be happy to go into the details of how he requested my high bid on that one book that he said he'd step aside on. I reluctantly gave him that information, and he used it to throw in a monster last second snipe and ultimately pay about four times what the book was worth.

That is a class-A move right there. You're being a lot more restrained than I would be, were our positions reversed.

No kidding. If someone bamboozled me like that I would make sure every boardmember knew about it. That's underhanded, furtive and dastardly!

Speaking about overpaying for a book....

Can you say overpriced?

Can you say overpriced?

3k is out of bounds, but you have to admit that's one badass comic. Have to love those Emperor of Hate covers.

Jesus, guys.

I know what "dastardly" means, I'm not six.

I was just wondering if that was the right word, since it more often gets utilised in a sarcastic manner, which didn't seem appropos to me

Can you say overpriced?

3k is out of bounds, but you have to admit that's one badass comic. Have to love those Emperor of Hate covers.

Oh no doubt, fantastic cover. I'm happy with having paid around $300 for my FN- copy.

Jesus, guys.

I was just wondering if that was the right word, since it more often gets utilised in a sarcastic manner, which didn't seem appropos to me

No, it really was a move.

Can you say overpriced?

Oh no doubt, fantastic cover. I'm happy with having paid around $300 for my FN- copy.

Damn! I would be too. Off eBay?

Can you say overpriced?

Damn! I would be too. Off eBay?

Nope from an Overstreet Advisor J. Bennett. He sold me a few sweet books about a year ago.

Jesus, guys.

I was just wondering if that was the right word, since it more often gets utilised in a sarcastic manner, which didn't seem apropos to me

utilised? Are you going British on us Marc?

Answer my pm :baiting:

:gossip: He's too busy running Camp David.

Why don't you go honk Bo-Bo's nose there, short barrel? :blahblah:

Turns out you honk Bo-Bo's nose one too many times and they don't let you back in Chucky Cheese any more. (shrug)